cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed permissions for user sapserviceSID do not take effect in file sender CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a case, where PI needs to pick up a file from a folder on another server. I create a file sender CC and make sure, that the user "sapserviceSID" has access and sufficient permissions on that folder. I can access the folder using the user sapserviceSID from the server where PI is installed but in the channel monitor I get an error saying, that the folder does not exist.

I have heard something about, that added permissions to a folder/server do not take effect if there already is established a connection from PI to that server/folder. Is that correct? How can I fix this problem so that the new permissions for user sapserviceSID take effect in the CC?

BR

MIkael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

The error clearly says that the folder does not exist. Put the screenshot of the channel configuration. That might help the forum in clearing any simple issues.

Are you using samba share? What are the operating system environments you are involved in?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>How can I fix this problem so that the new permissions for user sapserviceSID take effect in the CC?

You might want to stop and restart the channel and see if that helps. Take help from BASIS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Baskar, but I already tried to stop and start the CC and I tried to stop and start the file adapter but invain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

I'm not quite sure if your error is authorizations related but I have seen some strange things.

It might sound simple, but maybe double check that that you have all your slashes '/' in the right places and that you have adhered to the case sensitivity in the path you have specified.

You're using FTP? Maybe try running ftp'ing from the PI server to the other user using the sapserviceSID user and issue the 'cd' (change directory) command while in FTP mode with the path exactly as you have defined it in your CC and see the result.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor

Thanks for your answer. I copied the URL from the windows explorer address field so the path should be correct. I am using simple file (not FTP) transfer.

I shall let you know how I fixed it once I get there 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then it might be related to the Windows '\' and Unix '/' anomaly Mikael.

Regards, Trevor