cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specification Copy Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When performing Copy Template of a Specification (Shift-F4), is there a way to exclude a characteristic/field from being copied from source to target?

Tried editing the template in the Value Assignment Type Selection, but it only allowed to exclude the entire VAT, not the characteristic.

Thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes, you are correct. This Inheritance Template method. In this method, we can do the editing till Value Assignment Level ( i.e. Density, Color, Form etc..) as shown below.

we cannot do further editing at Characteristics level.

Thanking You,

Regards

Amol

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear David

you could  try to use e.g. "SAP Expert" to do the job (here you need to prepare rule sets which is not very comfortable because not "flexible" enough) ) or you could try to prepare your own user exit (own programming !!; here you are free in "marking" value asignments etc. and copy it form "a" to "b") or you could use standard CG02 techniques.

If you use ECC 6.0 (and may be EnhPack 3 activated regarding EH&S) on the level of data records (value assignments) you can "mark" value assignments and copy them to the buffer and paste them on the target: i did not check if it is possible to "mark" only some "characteristics" in the source property  but may be give them a try; you can "paste" the content of the buffer to my knowlegde as often as you would like to do that

C.B.

Answers (0)