Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM Approval Management

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to implement the functionality for Approval Management, in CRM 7 EHP2. We followed the documentation on SAP Help as mentioned below and the IMG help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/8a/5283bda2364bc09ffc7aa84f48bc72/frameset.htm

My only query is: Is this functionality only meant for "Service Requests" or for others such as Sales Orders?

There is no such restriction mentioned anywhere in SAP Help or IMG documentation, however, during implementation, we saw that there was no assignment block for "Approval Procedure" for the sales order, but is present for the Service Request, and works very well.

We are able to assign the "Approval Procedure" to the Sales Order transaction type in SPRO, though.

Are we missing something, or is it a future functionality that is partially implemented in EHP2?

Thanks & Regards,

Nelson.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign the approval  process for other transaction apart from Service request.

We had did the same approval process for CRM pricing approval in one of our project. We linked a  workflow for the approval process.

Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for providing the information.

I will try to setup the approval process for Sales Order and see whether it work or not.

In your project, did you implement a lot custom enhancement in order to implement this approval process?

Thank you.

Regards,

Edison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edison,

yes, it was a custom development project.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

I have same requirement as well, do you found the answer?

Thank you.

Regards,

Edison

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edison,

No, as far as I know, this is only possible in a Service Request.

This feature was developed by SAP for the ITSM module which was originally designed for SAP Solution Manager.

Regards,

Nelson