SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article Master - Default Valuation Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am curious in how system default valuation class in article master. Is there any way that the valuation class not to be defaulted? Need guidance. Thanks!

Michelle

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Michelle ,

you can check system customizing as listed:

1.maintain the Account category reference in Material type configuration.(Logistics - General-->Material Master-->Basic Settings-->Material Types-->Define Attributes of Material Types)

2.check the customizing for assign valuation class to Account category reference.(Materials Management-->Valuation and Account Assignment-->Account Determination-->Account Determination Without Wizard-->Define Valuation Classes)

Thereafter ,the valuation class will be default for your newly created article.

3.you can define many to one relation between valuation class to Account category reference .

0 Kudos

Hi Deyi,

Yes, I noticed that always the first valuation class under the Acct Category Reference will be defaulted.

However, is there anyway we make the system DO NOT default any valuation class? That's the requirement. Anyway, Thanks a lot for your reply.

0 Kudos

Hi,

please check also the following customizing setting:

Logistics - General --> Basic Data Retail --> General Control, Retail Master Data --> Default Valuation Class

If you have no other valuation class defined via customizing, this setting should be used. Please check, if you can meet you're requirement with this setting.

Regards

Tobias

former_member189773
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Maybe U can try this,

Create a new account category reference, assign all the valuation classes to that account category reference.

Assign the account category reference to the material type(s) that you use, In this way i think there wont  be any default valuation class for the articles created under those article type(s).

Tell me if that worked out.

Best ,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

finally, how u solve it? I also dont want valuation class default.