Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explecit enhancement points reserved for SAP internal use?

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I made use of explicit enhancement points in MB52 to add fields to the output table. This solution is described in more forum threads and I have over time read several official SAP papers describing how to use explicit enhancement points.

Now we have implemented an SAP add-on (/CWM), and in this add-on SAP has implemented an utilized an other enhancement point in MB52 to export the output table to memory because they want to import the data in an other transaction.

Of course this other transaction dumps because the table exported is not the same as table imported.

I say that the /CWM implementation of this export is bad bad programming, because it makes the enhancement point to extend the output table useless.

The answer from SAP:

Wenn ich das richtig verstehe versuchen Sie in einem Expliziten Enhancement  in der MB52 Felder zu erweitern (ich vermute im E-Point ENHANCEMENT-POINT EHP604_RM07MLBS_03 SPOTS ES_RM07MLBS STATIC.)

Das ist ein SAP individueller E-Point, der für Kunden nicht freigegeben ist.

In my system there is a flag on enhancement spots "Can only be impl. SAP internal", but this flag is NOT set for the enhancement spot ES_RM07MLBS.

So can any one explain what they mean by "Das ist ein SAP individueller E-Point, der für Kunden nicht freigegeben ist"?

6 REPLIES 6

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Translation:

If I understand correctly, you are trying to enhance additional fields in MB52 using an explicit enhancement point (I assume enhancement point ENHANCEMENT-POINT EHP604_RM07MLBS_03 SPOTS ES_RM07MLBS STATIC).

This is an SAP individual enhancement point, which is not released for customer use.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thanks for the translation, but I assume that everyone working with ABAP also read German.

So my question in English:

What does SAP mean when they say that enhancement spot ES_RM07MLBS is "an SAP individual enhancement point, which is not released for customer use" ?

0 Kudos

I can only assume that SAP is using this spot (and many others) to implement different functionalities for industry-specific solutions, that can be activated separately via the switch framework.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I think your right, but I think this is then an important principal discussion.

Explicit enhancements was introduced to allow customer specific enhancements of SAP standard programs.

Later with newer versions of the Enhancement framework better implicit enhancements was introduced, and now it seems to me that SAP quietly is trying to transform explicit enhancements into something for SAP internal industrial solutions etc.

But I have never seen any official statement that customers no longer is allowed to use explicit enhancements.

Can we or can we not use explicit enhancements for custom modifications?

0 Kudos

I understand that you have a message open with them anyway, so consider asking this in return to their reply that you quoted above.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Well, I was hoping to get input from other users experience with this topic.