The requirement is to have a discount approval while creating a sales order, similar to the approval process in Purchase Order. Although there is no approval process in SD,the requirement is a mandatory one.
If Discount is approved only,the sales order should be saved.
Discount process is,
If Discount is 1% ,approval should be done by M1.
If Discount is 2% ,approval should be done by M2.
If Discount is 3% ,approval should be done by M3.
How we can configure this scenario??
SD process their no release process like PO,
but you use the status profile , based on this you create the that particular requirement ,
Could you please explain how to achieve the above requirement by Z development?
User creates a sales order, give 1% discount. This sales order can not be saved.
How can M1 now access this sales order and approve it?
In my opinion the requirement should be as follows:
The sales order should be allowed to be saved. But with a block (e.g. delivery block).
ONLY after the approver (M1) approves this sales order, it should be allowed for delivery etc.
You can achieve your requirement with the help of user exit or status profile ( as already suggest by Jignesh Mehta ) the best and easiest process among the two is status profile(release strategy ). for step by step configuration please go through the below document, which is the best one i have never seen .
If you want any further clarification , please let me know.
Thank You for sharing the link. It was very useful.
I am having some doubts like,
1. How can we give particular condition type as reason for approval (Eg: K007 Discount)
2. Can we give any conditions here? (Eg: Discount 1% , between 1% & 2%, greater than 2%)
3. Where we will provide particular user names for approval?
4. Can you explain the Authorization Code?
With the guidance from the above replies, i configured sales order approval using status profile configuration.
Now for each sales order we have to change status. But the requirement is when there is discount only sales order should be go for approval.
Is there any possibility to configure like wise in status profile?
You can use Work Flow for Approval process better to discuss with your ABAP team take the complete requirement from you client then provide the details to development team. it is one option
there is other option you can develop on new authorization object for discount condition and you can assign under those user profiles M1, M2 & M3 only these people can aprove it is simple method.
You can also use both the options together. revert back if you have any doubt
Yes there is
In our co. we are using the simple discount approval process
1. Sales dept:Create the Sales order as per the customer if discount agreed by the co. for this customer sales order sales dept. will inform by mail to Accounts dept for maintaing the discount under this customer sales order.
EX: XYZ and sale order 123
2. Account Dept. has the authorization to enter the discount condition in Sales order VA02
3. To achieve this we have developed one authorization object for discount condition and assigned in the profiles (su02) of those authorized persons. Only these person have the authorization to give the discount.
Ex: Manager1,2 3.
I think there is no available standar work flow for this but you have to develop work flow as per the client requirement, i can give you the idea.
Work Flow Steps:
1. When ever the sales order created by sales coordinator and
maintained discount condition in sales order, sales order will block for delivery
2. Work flow will trigger and mail goes to account department
3.In Accounts Dept. all persons deosnt have the authorization Only limited persons have this authorization
Ex:Accounts Genera Manager,
Accounts Assistant Manager has the authorization to approve the discount.
4.When Accounts GM or Manager open the Work Flow item SAP system will open, user can login into user account directly from the Outlook mail by entering password.
5. When GM or Manager Click on Inbox - Work Flow - then click on sales order no. sales order will open they can approve discount from sales order and save the order.
6. Mail goes to Sales coordinator and Sales manager by Work Flow that the Disocunt has been approved again sales order 123 and customer name abc.
In this ways give the logic to ABAPer they do the development
Some ideas how to do it (always with enhancements or userexits). In my opinion the most suitable way is with credit control. Set in tcode OVA8 the checks User1, user2 or user3 and develop the userexit (see note 1464839 - How to customize credit control in transaction OVA8 using checks USER 1, USER 2 and USER 3, for further information) if there are values for this conditions. You can warn to the responsible with an email (see SAP Note 677377 - E-mail to credit representative). After you can try to use the tcode VKM4 / VKM1 with their authorizations as a kind of release of documents. Other way is use the VOFM requirement in OVA8 to set the 'no credit check' in document controlling (it works in VKM+ tcodes). You can create your own authorization object and use it, but be careful (take in account always the SAP Note 170183 - What to consider when applying modifications).
Other way. Create a customer field in additional data B (see notes 209278, 302497, 386694, 420546 and related notes) where you can populate the authorization in a customer field in the SO. After, in copy rules when a customer VOFM copy requirement, avoid the creation of delivery if there isn't authorization.
Finally, see SAP Note 105621 - Authorization check for the condition screen for understanding how to create and set customer authorization objects.
I hope this helps you