cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: 'Function module "/IWBEP/FM_MGW_READ_ENTITYSET" not found.

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we implemented a GW service which uses RFC calls to get data from our back-end system. When I try to call the collection I get the following error message:

The RFC call was not successful because of system failure 'Function module "/IWBEP/FM_MGW_READ_ENTITYSET" not found.

There is also a dump on the back end system which says that the function module mentioned above isn't on the system. It's clear for me that the function module could not be found, because we didn't install the /IWBEP/ components there. The configuration of our service says that it should call the following function module via RFC:

QUERY    BAPI_FUNCLOC_GETLIST

Does somebody have any idea why the system tries to call /IWBEP/FM_MGW_READ_ENTITYSET?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wbrown
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You might want to check your system alias configuration to make sure all the setting are correct. If you don't have IWBEP installed on your backend system where the function module (BAPI) is installed, then you need to have the configuration set for Local GW, but you will still need an RFC connection pointing to the system you are trying to connect to.

As for the issue with the name space, please check out note 1744864, as it also resolves a problem with namespaces. Not sure if it's relevant in your case though.

Regards,

Wayne

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing the same issue as in the original post and making the configuration to local GW as mentioned by Wayne didnt solve the issue. We have two separate systems for the GW(SP05) and Backend and IWBEP component is only installed in the GW system. We also have our own namespace used in our GW service docs. Everything works correctly in our dev environment and and we are in the process of testing our addons and came across this issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yohan,

did you also apply the mentioned SAP note? If I remember right this solved our problem in the end.

Regards,

Martin

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are still working on this issue. We got one step further.

We found out that the service which is implemented in the Z-name-space

doesn't run into the method /IWFND/IF_MGW_CORE_RUNTIME~READ_ENTITYSET of class /IWFND/CL_MGW_RUNT_RCLNT_PRXY but the service implemented in our name-space does. Why they behave different. We didn't find any difference between the two services.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne,

we applied the SAP note, but it didn't solve the problem.

I also checked our settings in SPRO under "Manage SAP Aliases" for the system we call we set the flag "For local App" and didn't set the flag "local GW."

The settings in "Assign SAP System Aliases to OData Service" are exactly the same for the Z-name-space service and the service in our name-space.

For me it's still not clear why there is a difference between the two name spaces.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

m_aravindan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

The issue is solved. We have to install a ADD-ON on the back end system  named

IW_BEP .

Regards

Aravindan

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne,

thanks for your reply. We will check this. We will check our alias configuration. We have a RFC connection to the back end and it is working otherwise our Z-service would also not work.

@Aravindan: it is an option to install the IW_BEP add-on on the back-end, but it is not a must. There are several architectural options how you can set-up your NW Gateway landscape.

Regards,

Martin

m_aravindan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Am not aware of those architectural options . In our case we have installed the IW_BEP add-on on our back end system and implemented sap note 1744864. Now It is working fine with our name space.

Regards

Aravindan

m_aravindan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Exactly the same error is coming for me.

1. At first we were using  z name space, no error was found and it was working fine.

2. But when i use my Company name space instead of Zname space . Where the error

comes?

Kindly help us in this issue.

Regards

Aravindan

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Our service is also in our company name space. It might be a reason... Does anybody know if there is a known error? We also don't have this issue with some test services we implemented in the Z name space.

m_aravindan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

Does any body is using their company name space for creating data model or ODATA service ?

Regards

Aravindan