Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Receiver: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

philipp_wagner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

In our integration scenario, we have RFC --> PI --> SOAP (asynchronously). When sending the transmission, we get the following error in RWB:

20.08.2012 15:20:16ErrorSOAP: error occured: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
20.08.2012 15:20:16ErrorMP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
20.08.2012 15:20:16ErrorAdapter Framework caught exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
20.08.2012 15:20:16ErrorDelivering the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error.

I found SAP note 1405895 but this is not relevant four our system (7.1.1 SP 6).

Message size is 7.5 MB

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

the size of data you are sending using SOAP adapter is 7.5 MB which might the reason for the error. When large amount of data is sent through network TCP/IP packets take time to build up at receiver end. Thus socket timeout results before entire data is written to destination.  As suggested by Peter please check if you can post same data using SOAP UI. If you cannot write same data using SOAP UI  then there is a data limitation on the destination server. In case there are no errors during write using SOAP UI then code correction is required within SAP-PI server. This can be achieved applying the corresponding patch level or upgrade to a version that contains the fix.

you mentioned note SAP note 1405895 is not applicable for PI 7.1.1 but when I go through this link http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=1405895 I find there is mention of higher version of PI. I am putting few sentences here from the note

"For PI 7.1* and higher versions the exception is:

"com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException:

java.net.SocketException:"   which is the error you are receiving.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp

please try it to send first with SOAP UI tool and let me your findings.

Regards

PM