It is possible to transport values not depreciated of an asset from previous year to new year?
I have this situation:
I want to post values of 2011 depreciation in 2012 year and run depreciation to 2012 normally.
Thanks in advance,
There is no transport mechanism as such.
1. How did you close the fiscal year without posting the depreciation?
If you want to post the depreciation of previous periods, you should post it as "Unplanned Depreciation", this would allow you to post the depreciation of previous periods.
Thanks and Regards,
If I post unnplanned depreciation the sistem mantain the values to depreciate in 2011 and change the values for after 2012.
I need to transport 2011 values to 2012 and put zero to depreciate in 2011. It is possible? Or you know any solution for this type of problem?
The problem is that my client close the fiscal year without post all depreciation for 2011...
Without posting the depreciation, system will not allow you to close FI-AA module (not GL).
There is no such mechanism like transporting values from 2011 to 2012 and put 0s in 2011. This is not possible.
I wonder how the auditors are accepted the books of accounts with posting the depreciation?
I can probably give you work around. I just want to know ff. information.
1. What period and year is currently open in FI?
2. What are periods with planned depreciations?
3. Do you execute "asset recalculation program (AFAR)" that results planned depreciation on previous years?
4. Have you already execute year end activity in asset? AFABN for period 12, AJRW and AJAB?
1. The current period in FI-AA is 1 for year 2011. Depreciation was not performed for 2011. The FI-GL period is 8 for year 2012;
2. Just period 12 with total year value;
3. I was executed in test run and no changes was shown;
4. The year end activity and AFABN for period 12 was not performed. Asset fiscal year was changed to 2012.
Thanks in advance,
If the period is open what is the issue to execute depreciation?
Maintain depreciation key as "0000"-No depreciation and no interest
so that no depreciation can be calculated for the FY 2011.
Once you close the FY 2011, then change depreciation key from 0000 to the original.
Now, when you execute AFAB for the month of Jan-2012, system calculate the depreciation from the date of acquisition and post the difference in the first period.
Please check SAP Note : 26073 whether you can do changes at table level to close the FY 2011.
The FY to GL accounts is closed, it is not possible to post/depreciation to 2011.
The Asset FY is open to 2011.
Thank you very much for your suggestion, that solve a big part of the problem. However, the system not transport 2011 values to period 1 of 2012. The system make the distibution for all periods for next years even if i create an unplanned depreciation.
You can ask SAP for program RACORR151_CREATE_ANLC, this program is internal note 664270
this transfer asset value to 2012
RACORR46 - correct table ANLB and ANLC. The SAP OSS note is 10564
Once ANLC data for 2012 is created through RACORR151_CREATE_ANLC, you need to adjust ANLB closed fiscal year through RACORR46.
Depreciation planned for 2011, I think will not be transported in 2012 (This must be tested), if this is the case, you need to post unplanned depreciation on 2012 on assets affected.
Hope this helps.