cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 Test Composer: choosing an action from field context menu within grid

0 Kudos

Hi,

present B1TC versions (2.4.1102.27802 and earlier) do not support constructions like grids - there is need to record choosing an action from field context menu within grids.

I need that functionality to automation testing Add-on solution which uses grids.

I would like next B1 Test Composer release to solve my problem.

Regards,

Winicjusz Bartoszewicz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

It is look like B1TC handles grids in the same way like matrixes. But in add-on I test context menu of form/matrix/grid is built dynamically - after pressing RMB. Therefore "PressRightClickMenu" B1TC command does not work in such case. It calls MenuUid without building context menu. And the result of running script with "PressRightClickMenu" command that calls MenuUid not existed before creating context menu, caused interruption of the script with note "Failed on line [No]. Menu not found  [66000-27]".

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Now - for SBO add-on solution that I test - I can see choosing an action from field context menu within grid works for "PressRightClickMenu" B1TC command, but not always. I am not sure this is caused by mechanism used by developers of the add-on or by B1TC limitation.

At this moment I use SBO 8.82 PL11.

Regards,

Winicjusz Bartoszewicz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Winicjusz

Our add-on has a window that allows the user to filter and display BPs in the matrix. User can select a Payment Term from the drop down and click Refresh button. Then the BPs with matching payment term should be listed in the matrix/gird. Here I want to check whether the BPs listed is correct. How can I use B1 Test Composer to do this? Could you please help?

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

you can record a script that does the steps you described and uses "Compare Matrix" function in the end of the script.

Regards,

Winicjusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Winicjusz,

Thanks for the response. I believe, the compare matrix scenario will work only if the matrix values are the same while recording and playing back. How can we handle a situation when the expected values in the matrix are dynamic and different than the recorded values?

Let me explain the scenario once again.

The Payment Term combo in our add-on Payment Term Search form will list the payment terms ZPNET30, NET30, -Cash Basic’ etc. On selecting one of these values (say NET30), the matrix in the form is expected to list only those BPs with matching payment term(NET30). I need to ensure that all the BPs listed here are having the same payment term ‘NET30’. When I rerun the script the BPs list might vary because of addition of new BPs to the database or change in the payment term value of the existing BPs.

When I manually do the testing, I apply the filter and then load each of the BP Master Data to check whether the payment term matches the selected one in the search form. Then I will change and update the payment term of the existing BP or add new BPs and again performs the filtering to check whether the search result is correct. Is there a mechanism with B1 TC to handle such scenario? Like accessing each individual rows/cells of the matrix/grid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Winicjusz,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I don't know a mechanism in B1TC to support dynamic values (excluding "Set/compare relative date"). Probably you can only compare static values displaying in SAP B1 UI.

But you can prepare database with specific data that encompasses a scenario you test. Then before running a scenario you should restore prepared database. I use B1TC in this way.

Regards,

Winicjusz