cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online W-2: PCL1 cluster X1 / X0 missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are configuring Online W-2/w-2c for US Tax Reporter using Employee Self-Service(ESS) Scenario. We activated the business function HCM_LOC_CI_29 using SFW5.

Environment: EHP5 ERP 6.0 + SAP Note 1734460 implemented

Problem Statement:

We activated the necessay business function and performed the necessary configuration for the ESS online W-2.

#1. We performed the year end activity and ran the W-2's for a certain company, yet we are not able to access the W-2 neither from the ESS application : HRESS_A_REP_US_ONLINE_W2 nor PA30 IT3228? .

#2. Per the SAP documentation given below, the W-2 info are stored in the table PCL1 cluster X1 and X0. But find listed the PCL1 RELIDs that we currently have in the system, X0 / X1 is not listed there.  Is that a problem ?

B1         PDC data                                   

B3         Float for PDC records                      

B4         Dump for PDC records                       

D1         Interface to decisis                       

G1         Group incentive wages                      

G3         PDC data for groups                        

KN         Personnel Calendar                         

L1         Ind. incentive wages                       

LL         Ind. incentive wages                       

NS         NShift heavy work (A)                      

PC         Personnel Calendar                         

P7         Simulation of HR master data               

TE         HR Travel expenses international           

TX         Texts for PREL                             

TA         General data for travel expense acctg      

TC         Credit card data for travel expense acctg  

QT         Backup copy of customer exit HRPTIM03      

ZF         ZFA Notifications in Public Sector         

ZI         Interface to CO/MM                         

TV         Master Data for Travel Expense Acctg VCF4 

SAP Documentation for 'Online W-2 User guide for SAP US Tax Reporter Customers Version 2' :

A new reusable cluster was created to allow the storage of unstructured data. This cluster stores information in cluster table PCL1 using keys X0 for the cluster and X1 for the cluster directory, which provides faster access.

Please let us know, what is that we are missing. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So IT3228 needs to be created effective before the production w2 run for the year.

X0 and X1 entries will be created in PCL1 shortly after the PU19 run. This will work without the keys being in RELID_PCL1... and yes it does work that way.

hope that helps.. 

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Darren!

We did NOT find any entries in PCL1 for X0 / X1 after the production W2 run. So looks like we are missing some thing in the config.

In the mean while, I was making sure that the Switch framework activation went well in the first place. While doing so, I have the following observation. Screen shot below.

BC set HRESS_WDA_V_T7XSSPERSUBTYP is not active. Not sure if this is what holding us back?

Cheers,

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

not too sure either, didn't run into any issues activating the business function.

also check if you can view the tax form in pa20, hit display on it3228.

soon after the pu19 prod run, you should be able to view on pa20.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even after the production run we do not see the W2s in IT3228. We have created a  message to SAP.  Waiting to hear from them.

As always, Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Cheers,

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pirama ,

We were also facing the same issue of even after successfull Prod run.Please do check whether the person running the PU19 Prod Run is having the authorization P_PCLX for cluster X1 and Cluster X0.

Only when the person is having this authorization, the online folder in log manager will be available. and then move to PA20/PA30 and check the IT3228 screen to verify.

Please try to assign the authorization P_PCLX for cluster X1 and Cluster X0 to the resource running and the PU19 transaction and let me know whether it works for you or not. It worked for us.

Thanks

Ritushree Saha

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had to implement the following SAP notes:

1. SAP Note 1590352: Online W-2 for U.S. Tax Reporter
  2. SAP Note 1643967: Corrections to Online W-2: Wave 2
  3. SAP Note 1659090: Corrections to Online W-2: Wave 3
  4. SAP Note 1734460: Corrections to Online W-2: Wave 4
  5. SAP Note 1739847 - Corrections to Online W-2: Wave 5

By the time I created this thread, we implemented the Wave 4. It has two part, one for the basis to import and other is a series of manual configurations. The configuration steps was not very clear ( atleast to us) and apparently we skipped a step ( manual error).

After implementing Wave 5, when we were revisiting the Wave 4 manual config we found the issue and resolved the configuration. This solved the PU19 problem. A production W2 run at this stage generated the PCL1 entries for the cluster X0/X1.We were also able to access the W2 from PA20/Pa30.

But ESS was not working because of missing authorizations as you highlighted. After granting access to Cluster X1, the Online W2 is fully operational now.

Thanks to all the contributors!   Manie Kohn, Darren Yeh and Ritushree Saha .

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

shipra_verma6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know if its possible to have W2 on portal after you have run W2 in production mode(before doing the configuration for online w2)?

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shipra,

What do you mean by the statement: " before doing the configuration for online w2" ?

I think it is safe to say that if you can view your W-2 in PA30/IT3228.Then you can view that in portal.  But to view in portal, you need portal iview setup.

But in case, all you need is just to get a feel of the final screens. You can checkout the standard wedynpros. They are fully operational in the standalone mode also.

Package               PAOC_ESS_PER_US

Application         HRESS_A_REP_US_ONLINE_W2

Cheers,

PN

shipra_verma6
Explorer
0 Kudos

thank you so much for reply..

We ran W2 in Production Mode for all emps. without doing any configuration(

1.Setting up Feature(UTREL) using PE03 -> for election date range)

2.setting up portal view.)

And that is why there is nothing in IT3228(since election option was not open before running W2 meaning configuration number 1 was not setup). -> i am assuming that?

Now after setting up PE03 for 2012, when i try to create IT 3228....i get "

No entries found in the key list for creation."  ->

now i can not create entry for 3228.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is my first post/question on here..

If a EE chooses to receive Paper W-2, i believe they can still have w-2 available online on ESS. Can someone guide me how  to set this?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Yes it is possible. You can have EEs who can receive the paper W-2 and still see it online in ESS.

I do not know how many ways are there to achieve it. But I know one way

Check out the HR feature TXCMP, here you have option called "FORCEPAPER" . This feature let you force a paper W-2 at the Tax company level. For one such company where you have forced paper, the EE can still go to ESS to do the election. If the EE choose the online version. He will get the opportunity to review the online W-2, while he will get a paper W-2 also.

In one of my client, we are skipping the election process. We wrote a program to default all the EE's election as online. In the background we are forcing paper for all company codes. Reason being since the EE are provided Online W-2 for the first time, this is the transition strategy. Next year we planning for a better strategy.

Reward point if useful. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have also implemented on-line W-2 with all the notes. We ran a successful productive W-2 run and only some of the employees that elected to receive the forms online actually can view the form either in IT3228 or in the portal. The message I'm receiving is theat the employee is locked from online W-2 and I'm unable to figure out what this message means. Any help would be apprecidated.

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,    

If you maintain Infotype 3228 record valid for 2012, Online W2 will be working. I am not sure Cluster X1 and X0 whether it stores in PCL1. Kindly maintain the Infotype and run W2 and check.

With Regards,

S.Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the response. We did all that, but couldn't get the online W-2 working ! Do you have any other insights ?

Cheers,

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure that you've got a production W2 generated for the previous year.

Also, did you check your W2 log in log manager (PU19) for online specific errors?

Regards

Manie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

also, are you generating a production run for current year? It is important as test runs do NOT generate the online W2's.

Log Manager will include an Online tab in the tree below Production and Test when it's successful.

Manie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manie,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We ran the payroll for the year 2012 in the production mode and we just see 2 folders in the log manager namely: Production and print copy.

We do not see the online folder. So I feel all the pointer boils down to the same point, that is PCL1 clusters X0 and X1. We could not see these clusters in the PCL1 table in our system.

If you have a SAP system with this business function switched ON, kindly confirm if you could locate the cluster tables [ RELIDs] X0 and X1 in the table table PCL1. Tcode SE11.     Thanks again.

Cheers,

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PN,

We do have entries in PCL1 for X0 and X1. But remember that these are the EE specific entries generated when you've processed W2 online successfully.

Just to be clear on process.

• setup features UTREL & UTRES
  • run a production W2 run for 2011.
  • create It 3228 entry for EE with start date 1/1/2012 (date should default based on last productive W2 run above). Select the option for online W2 only (would suggest you keep paper copy printing in feature UTREL)
  • Run live W2 run for 2012. This should generate the online entry in log manager in PU19 & also the PDF form in IT3228 & ESS. If this does NOT generate the online part, check the log manager for W2 productive run (2012) for errors.

Hope this helps

Manie