Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master Inbound IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customer master data is coming from MDM via PI to ECC. We are using three inbound IDOCs ADRMAS, DEBMAS, ADR3MAS.

We have maintained the serialization group as follows:

1) ADRMAS

2) ADR3MAS

3) DEBMAS

ADR3MAS carries the contact person address data. When the three IDOCs are processed successfully, still the the contact person address data is not getting updated in ECC.

I have searched many forums, but did not find any solution.

As customer number is the link between the ADRMAS and DEBMAS, what is the link between the ADR3MAS and DEBMAS?

Please let me know the values to be passed to the following fields of E1ADR3MAS segment of ADR3MAS idoc.

OBJ_TYPE_P

OBJ_ID_P

OBJ_TYPE_C

OBJ_ID_C

OBJ_ID_EXT

CONTEXT

Please let us know the way so that customer's contact person data gets updated in ECC.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha.

15 REPLIES 15

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See the article 'Quick Guide – EDI/IDoc Interfacing to SAP ECC from External System' by Rohit Khan in this link: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-10287

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is regarding ADR3MAS specifically. Contact person data from ADR3MAS is not getting updated in ECC.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Yeralkar.

0 Kudos

Hi

Check if notes 314356 and 614164 are suitable because I think your system is using IDOC_INPUT_ADR3MAS to import the IDOC.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the note 614164. All settings mentioned in this note are already done. My interface is inbound interface.

Contact person is getting created from the data in DEBMAS but its address from ADR3MAS is not getting updated in ECC. What is the link between DEBMAS and ADR3MAS so that address data from ADR3MAS gets updated in ECC.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha.

0 Kudos

Check your idoc segment E1ADR3MAS data mapping. OBJ_TYPE_C should be KNA1 and OBJ_ID_C is customer number

0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

check this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/665102

0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I went through the thread given by you. My interface is for customer master. In that thread they are passing the value E1ADR3MAS-OBJ_ID_P = '0000000312'. This is the value of KNVK-PARNR. But this is an auto generated number in ECC. We cannot pass the explicit value to OBJ_ID_P.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Yeralkar.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Can you please tell the correct values to passed to OBJ_TYPE_P. Currently I am passing BUS1006001 to this field.

Please confirm whether I need to pass any value to OBJ_ID_P. Because ADR3MAS contains the contact person address data. KNVK-PARNR will be generated in ECC after creation of contact person.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Yeralkar.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Why not use DEBMDM Idoc, which has, Debmas and Adrmas idoc.

The standard business content will take of the splitting for you in SAP PI. and as for Contact Person you need to extend the IDoc, that is the only option.

Or Create a Custom Idoc just for Contact Person, using BDC recording.

We have implemented both the methods in our previous projects, based on customer need, one was selected.

Regards,
Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

MDM is using DEBMDM06 to send the customer master data. PI is splitting this IDOC into three ADRMAS, ADR3MAS and DEBMAS.

As per my discussion with my PI consultant, DEBMDM06 can only be used to send the data from MDM to PI.

I would like to know what you have implemented in your project for customer's contact person address data.

Is custom IDOC the solution?

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Yeralkar.

0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

have u tried without passing  E1ADR3MAS-OBJ_ID_P.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not passing any value to E1ADR3MAS-OBJ_ID_P. I cannot pass the explicit value to this field as the contact person number (KNVk-PARNR) will be created in ECC after successful creation of contact person.

The sequence of serialization group is ADRMAS, ADR3MAS and then DEBMAS. Address objects are getting created before the customer master (DEBMAS). After processing of DEBMAS, address should be linked to the contact person created. To link this address to the contact person which factor gets utilized?

During the processing of these three IDOCs address data in temporarily stored in ADOWNERREF table.

After linking the address to contact person data from this table gets deleted.

My question how this linkage is established?

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Yeralkar.

0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

For contact person, since we do not have the Object Type and Object ID which are auto generated, we developed a custom solution using BDC recording and converting that BDC recording into Function module.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hello,

Linkage is established using the ADRC Table and the Address Number field, present in KNA1 table as well as the ADRC table.

Only option is to extend the functionality or custom solution.

Regards,
Abhishek

0 Kudos

BUS1006001 is correct