Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the data from non-sap system to sap system

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

as per our new business requirement / scenario we have to fetch the data from non SAP system (which is called as HO server system) to SAP system.

the scenario is as below.

when customer places the order it will get save in HO server system database and same will be in excel format now from SAP system we want to create such BDC or program so that it will read that file automatically with some connection and will get uploaded into the sap system. at present we are extracting that excel file and uploading manually into the sap system.

can we read a mail through the SAP system? i.e. the HO server will send a mail to SAP system and then BDC will read that mail having excel file and will upload the order into the system.

but i don't have any clue whether we can implement in this way. plz help.

Thanks

Krishna

2 REPLIES 2

jeroen_verbrugge2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has inbound mail processing, check this blog.

The trick will be to process the excell attachment.

What about the HO system making a webservice call to SAP?

Kind regards,

Jeroen

0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen ,

Thanks for your reply , but in my org CRM settings are there sorry for that one.

then we are read the data from HO(Head Office is connected to same LAN only) to SAP .

Ex : Customer placing the order then those orders are storing into HO's D or C Drive then from there to i read the those Orders . How i've to fetch those XL files into my SAP System.

If we run the program then , it should take in HO's D/C Drive folder XL files .

Plz help..

Thanks ,

Krishna