Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the from application server to presentation server

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

i'm one issue. i.e to read the data from application server ( Some other system , non-sap system ) to presentation server (my system , sap-system ) .

Ex: customer is placing the orders through Excel file attachment it stores into head-office server system (in D or C drive ), then after i have to read those orders (excel files ) through my system .

I tried cg3z , cg3y t.codes but i'm not getting..

plz help me..

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

5 REPLIES 5

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I think you do not need to read the file from App Server.. But its from Presentation Server.

1. If Files are placed on some System in the same Network, then you can create a Remote connection with that System, and then take that file on your system OR write a program to read Excel File from Desktop and read the file from SAP Program using a Mapped drive on that Head -office system...

I hope this helps you..

0 Kudos

Hi Harshad ,

Thanks for your kind reply , its correct what you understand(both systems are connected in the same network only). how we have to make a connection to that system to my system without manual interaction .  that means if i given run my program then system should take that system path and read that excel file ( in program i'll mention the path of that system ) . can you send some code snippets . how to create Remote Connections and all.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Application Server refers to the server which execute SAP so cannot refer to your "Some other system , non-sap system )" and presentation server refer to your workstation (the server that execute the interface, like the SAP Gui, can be workstantion (pc)  or Citrix like server) so not to "sap-system".

Actually you want to read data from presentation or external system to application server ?

Perform some search at scn on keywors like : upload Excel

Regards,

Raymond

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  ,

Thanks for your kind reply , its correct what you understand(both systems are connected in the same network only). how we have to make a connection to that system to my system without manual interaction .  that means if i given run my program then system should take that system path and read that excel file ( in program i'll mention the path of that system ) . can you send some code snippets . how to create Remote Connections and all.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Its not a SAP Functionality. You have to Map the Head office system on the desktop you are working using your Desktop Windows functionality.