cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope of SAP SD in Retail Industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have just done my SAP SD module and i am interested in knowing the scope of SAP SD in retail industry. Is there any retailing company in India which has implemented SAP or is interested in implementing.

Kindly throw some light on this .

Rgds

Subashini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am thinking of persuing SAP SD. Kindly help me to know it prospect, as you have already done SAP SD. I am B.Sc (Computer Science) and I have yrs exp in banking (Customer Servive, Operation and Quality Audits). Will it be good for me to go for SAP SD today or should I go for any other module. As you are already certified SAP consultant your help will be very valuable to decide on my career.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though there are quite a few differences between IS Retail and SD module but the basic processes more or less remain the same. It shouldn't be much of a difficulty in switching from SD to IS-Retail (Pricing, Promotions, Sales etc.. are quite similar). You need to comprehend the retail processes then you can know the differences by comparision.

SAP implementations among retailers in India is increasing. There're quite a few retailers in India who have implemented SAP IS Retail, Reliance being the biggest so far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pantaloon India has implemented SAP IS-Retail.

Kind Regards

Chakradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subashini,

SAP has got a seperate industrial solution for Retailing called IS - Retail. so the chances of implementing SD for a retailing company are very remote as most of the functionality available under SD module doent support Retailing industry.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subahashini

As far as retail companies are concerned they are more into IS-Retail

which is nothing but Industry solutions for retail

This is similar to SD but more focussed on retail industry needs

See this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/12/084110470311d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

Most companies use both...to know abt companies you can search in sap service website

Is this useful?

Regards

N Ganesh