cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing variable values of cmpounded characteristics (Webi 4.0-SP02-Patch 17-using BICS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I know from a SAP document that Webi still has problems to handle compounded characteristics.

Nevertheless my question: Is there any workaround to pass variable values of a compounded characteristic? I want to "jump" from one Webi Report to another via hyperlink.

Thanks a lot for any answer...

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Web Intelligence will provide you with a concatenated key e.g. 10/12345, you will have to extract the key of the object you want to pass (e.g. 10/12345 -> 12345). Afterwards you can pass this key to a new document with a variable on the compounded characteristic.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

first of all: thanks a lot for your reply.

Unfortunately it doesn't work as this part of the key (12345) is not unique.

The workaround I found is to work with a "webi-variable" defined in the webi-query panel. That works fine so far.

But now I have a problem when adding a hyperlink on this compounded key. As soon as this hyperlink is defined "not available" is shown in the entire result area.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

correct, that key is not unique, that is exactly why the target webi report will show you all records containing that key.

Following the example above, when you pass only "12345", the target report will show all other records corresponding to that key e.g. "10/12345" but also "20/12345".

By taking a closer look, this is exactly the same behaviour BEx web also offers.

Regarding the issue with unavailable, following KBA explains why that occurs and also how to solve it: 1606502.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

There have been some enhancements around this in BI4 SP05, now you do not need to create a variable anymore, see here for more information: