cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kanban With MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

For the above mentioned subject,i m using external procurement stratergy 0001 wrking wth purchase order.Since in kanban wrking wth MRP i maintain matl master as below.

Mrp type-PD,Availabity chk-KP,Prod st loc-maintain e.g GS,now the same st loc i didnt exclude it from mrp in mrp 4 view.The st loc ind kept blank i.e Storage location stock also planned at plant level.

Now the problem is during creating control cycle for the same matl i m not able to select the above stratergy in control cycle stratergy field since i didnt exclude the st loc.If i exclude st loc then i m able to select the stratergy.How to resolve the issue.

Regards.

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Try with strategy 0006 which is meant for kanban with MRP. 0001 is meant only working for purchase orders.

Check and reply.

Best regards

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat,

Sorry to say but this strategy is also not wrking.When i test it,pur req were created thr MRP not from Kanban.When i make the bin empty it giving msg that  one kanban is processed and the kanban status change to empty.But  wen i look  md04 after or before MRP no req were created.I dont know where the kanban proposals went.I also maintain sch agreement for this strategy but still result is same.Waiting for ur reply.

Regards.

Swapnil

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Swapnil,

If you are looking to use Kanban with MRP then creating control cycle with the 0006 strategy will help you and is the correct answer to your initial question.

And this strategy mainly used in REM. and below are the details on how this strategy works and useful, kindly go through it

Below is the explanation for 0006 strategy from SAP help

Replenishment strategy 0006 to be used with control type 6. With this strategy you can combine KANBAN with MRP. Planned orders, which are created using MRP, are reduced on creating planned orders by emptying a kanban. In the replenishment strategy you determine which planned orders are reduced, until which time planned orders are included in the reduction and whether, in the case of a cancellation of a run schedule quantity another planned order is created.

Solution for your problem:

Since you have maintained MRP type - PD for the SFG material, this will inturn cascade the requirement down to the raw material ROH.

Yes agree to your point as the requirement triggered through kanban do not display in the MD04 because the requirements are already triggered by the demand of FG, and as per the explanation of strategy 0006 the planned orders created for the SFGs are to reduced by the

emptying of the Kanban. You have to maintain relevant settings properly and test, please follow instruction provided in the below link to get succeeded, it takes little time but helps. I am also testing at my end but takes time for me, will provide you more details once find something new.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/cb/7f8da243b711d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

If you work with discrete manufacturing them the dependent requirement gets created on SFG1 and kanban trigger will creates the production order. Moment you do GR for production order, kanban status changes to Full but planned order will not get consume in this case. But you get the stock, but when you adjust the demand for the FG in MRP run and delete and recreate, planned orders gets reorganized. Check this mapping.

As per your understanding, requirement should generate once you make kanban empty, i got created with a production order, if it is not the case in your test. please check with settings and master data. If you are facing any error please correct it and try.

Actions given for this,

• You set a kanban to EMPTY or you generate an event-driven kanban.
    • The system creates a production order that (depending on the settings in Customizing) is automatically released and printed.
    • The empty kanban or the information is transferred to the supply source.
    • Once the order has been completed, the supply source backflushes the quantity produced. In Customizing, you can link the backflush to the goods receipt posting. This provides the following options:

• Backflush and goods receipt are not linked. In this case, the backflush is carried out in a separate transaction from the goods receipt posting and the status change. Here, if a goods receipt is posted, the system automatically sets the kanban status to FULL in the background.

And similarly, if you do not set the kanban status to FULL, but always carry out the order backflush first, this automatically sets the kanban to FULL. However, if you manually set the kanban to FULL, then as a consequence the goods receipt is posted twice, both on setting the kanban to FULL and then later on the order backflush.

In order to avoid this, in Customizing set the error type ‘E’ for message CO823, under Shop floor control ®    System modifications ® Define attributes of system messages System messages.

As a result of this, the kanban that you manually set to FULL, has the status ERROR and so goods receipt is not posted twice.

• Backflush and goods receipt are linked. Here, the system automatically posts the goods receipt and sets the status to FULL in the background when the backflush is saved.

If the goods receipt is posted before the backflush, the system sets the kanban status to FULL, but the backflush is not carried out automatically. Then when you backflush, the system recognizes that the goods receipt has already been posted and does not post a second goods receipt.

The costs incurred in production are posted to the production order.

Best regards,

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sharat,

Any update on this.

swapnil

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Swapnil,

Try below setting in OM11 for strategy 0006.

This will help you to reduce the planned orders generated by MRP once you empty the kanban. Once you empty the kanban, production order gets created and it reduces the planned order, i tried it and is working. Check below screen of MD04

Solution for your issue is found, check it, try it and provide feedback.

Best regards,

Sharat

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

In the above screen, i maintained the kanban quantity as 100 in the control cycle and once i make the control cycle empty, the planned orders generated (200 numbers from FG1 material requirement to SFG1) got reduced by 100 numbers and the production order created by Kanban displayed in MD04.

Hope this resolves your problem, maintain the setting and try, i 100% sure it works and i tested it at my end.

Best regards,

Sharat

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Now i converted another bin or both control cycles to empty

Now see MD04 screen

Earlier planned order left with 100 numbers also disappeared because production order created.

Best regards,

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat,

Thanks for your help.Since i mentioned u earlier that i had chk  external procurement stratergy 0006 container control/MRP.My SF matl is subcontracting thats why.I want to create purchase order.The settings which u mentioned above is not available in this stratergy.Please if possible  chk this OM12 0006 stratergy for me.It would be great help.

Regards.

swapnil.

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

There is no option to reduce planned order in external procurement strategy.

Regards,

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos
rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In transaction OMIR, choose your plant & then for the storage location you want to exclude from MRP enter 1 (exclude from MRP). Or in material master MRP indicator as "1" in the mrp 4 view.

After doing the necessry changes in MM02, you will get all the options in PK01/02(Control Cycle).

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for ur reply.Yes its right if i exclude the st loc from mrp i able to select the stratergy in pk01 or pkmc.See actually i describe u my scenario.

I have 3 level bom.suppose FG,SF and ROH were defined in bom.My SF material is on kanban.if i exclude the  SF matl from st loc then after running mrp for FG matl i didnt get the req for my ROH matl.And if i include SF matl st loc in mrp then i get req of my ROH matl.

So to get the ROH req from mrp i include the st loc of SF in mrp which resulting me in not selecting the stratergy in control cycle for SF.I really dont know is this a correct method to work in kanban wth MRP.My req is to trigger the req wth mrp for ROH matl and for SF wth KANBAN.Hope u get my point.Waiting for ur reply.

Regards.

Swapnil.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In that case you should have different storage location for SFG and ROH. Exclude only SFG storage location from MRP. When you use MRP in combination with KanBan for the same material/plant, you have made the KanBan storage location irrelevant for MRP.

The only time a KanBan replenishment would be triggered is when the conditions in the KanBan storage location call for it. And during the next MRP run system will planned the dependent materials too.

Please refer this useful help document,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/cb/7f8b0943b711d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards,

R.Brahmankar