Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During settlement of IO, IO number not in COBL structure

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a requirement to derive the functional area during the settlement of internal order. WE have written a substitution to check if the IO is not blank and Order type is 01 (for IO) and accounting indicator is not balnce, then the functional area should be derived based on the IO table.

This substitution is being called at the time of settlement but the IO field in COBL structure is coming blank, hence the prerequisite is not met and derifvation of functional area is not happening correctly.

Does anyone knows, if it is a standard SAP behaviour and how IO number can be passed to COBL structure during settlement run.

Thank you in advance.

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Substitution during settlement has been restricted. Please, refer to note 317894.

Regards,

Eli

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli for your quick input.

I have checked the note and the note is applicable upto application 4.6.  We are using ECC6.0 EHP5. Also the notes table about the restriction on changing the sender. We have written the substitution to get the functional area.

We have written the similar substitution rule for service order, there it is working fine. The issue is to find the correct way of populating COBL structure during settlement.

Do you have any idea on exit/ enhancement that can be used to populate the COBL structure during settlement.

Thank you

Jyoti

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, the note is applicable as of 4.6, so it's relevant also for later releases (not the correction, but the explanation). You said it works for service order... For what business process?

Regards,

Eli

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

In our process, if there is a service requirement, a service order is created from sales order, which acts as a cost object. All the cost reletaed to service arhe booked on tis service order, which is then settled to the sales order. At the time of settlement, we have put similar enahncement and it is working fine in that case.

In case the service order is created from CRM, an internal order is created, which carries all the costs. When we are settleing the cost on IO, we need to have the derivation of functional area based on accounting indicator, it is not happening.

Regards

Jyoti

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hmmm... The fact that I/O does not even get to COBL is disturbing. There is an SAP note which corrects the situation for WBS, but for I/O it should work at least to this level, i.e. data should be flowing to COBL. If you are absolutely sure, that it's not the case, I would open OSS message.

Regards,

Eli

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

Yes I am sure of this as when the substitution was not working, I "activated the trace" and rerun the settlement, but saw the internal order field as blank.

Regards,

Jyoti

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the calling point (event) for the substitution? Is it on sender/receiver level or item level?

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

The callup point for this substitution is 6 (Cost of Sales Accounting (New)).

Regards

Jyoti

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, I give up It should be something available only in EPH5. Though, try changing the calling point and see if it helps.