cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSM in Partner Development Work Center: Don't Believe Your Eyes

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Partner Development Work Center, sometimes items are listed with write-access for partners, but are not.

Example:

Promise

Reality:

This is ridiculous and inches me towards falling off the cliff of insanity.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it could be related to this note in the "Indicator" data Type  (in 3.5 haven't had a chance to get into my 4.0 system yet) ,

and your Validity period is marked as not writable

My issues have been more with Create and updates (which according to Thomas Gross-Boelting will be in future versions http://scn.sap.com/thread/3227149) but I have ran into a few issues with them changing Datatypes, and those not replicating to all of their objects)

former_member47640
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hate to say it, but either you are doing something wrong or this is a bug.

see also FP40 PSM documentation:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

The screenshots are right there. Clearly I'm not doing something wrong.

It's not a bug. The documentation is wrong. We've seen these types of issues throughout the solution, and you know it. Just ask Billy Gast.

former_member47640
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Judson,

I talked to development about this and they analyzed the incident you also created.

As far as I understand your solution was not in the same Deployment Unit than the EmployeeCompensationAgreement business object.

The PayrollRelevanceIndicator field is definitely released for write access.

So there are two possibilities:

1. You create your solution in the correct deployment unit.

2. You build an A2A integration to create or update the EmployeeCompensationAgreement via message.

Best regards
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

If this is the case, I can see and understand Judson's frustration. (Still not a fan of the Deployment unit but that is another topic ) I would suggest a error message of

"*** is Read-only within this Deployment unit"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

I got the same answer. It's good to know.

They also mentioned that you can change deployment units within ABSL scripts without using A2A, by using the [DeploymentUnit] NameOf DU statement.

<------ Billy, you might want to try that.

Also I think I cracked the code on reporting on Sales Order ship-to addresses...weekend project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought that only gave you the ability to do associations and reads , but not Create, Update or delete.