cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link custom queries to extension fields from type object reference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I assume it's a trivial question but I couldn't find the setup yet.

We have created 3 custom extensions with an object reference to the user account.

• Approval Subgroup
  • Approval Corporate Functions
  • Approval Executive Board

If we open the search functionality to pick a certain user, the standard query is shown.

Now I would like to add a custom query to each of the extensions we created.

Further information:

We added an extension field to the user account where we could maintain an approval value.

Now I would like to bring up all users belonging to a certain group due to the value maintained.

I will select the proper users for a group by using the value in a "between"-statement in my sql-query.

Thanks in advance,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

If I understand the requirement correctly, you want to have a specific custom query executed for each of the user object reference extension fields.

I'd look at the page customization with the Object Picker property. Basically, create a new page customization for that field and set the Object Reference property to a query group.

Hope this helps.

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I had a similar requirment but for extension collection member. Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance,

Pawan Tibrewal

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

You can do the same to Extension Collection Member.

Before creating extension defination you have to do the below mentioned

For that first you have to create Query Group with respective class and Query use as picker as shown in below screen shot

After that you need to add the queries under queries tab as shown below

Here comes Extension reference Types. When you declare any created extension defination's data type as  "Object  Reference" you have to Link extension reference types as shown below.

Creating extension reference type can be done as shown below. You have to give the class which you have given in query group and under class name(Unique) you have to give respective class table name.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Raj.