cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freight cost calculation in inbound trasportation

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

I have read the very interesting  documento: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2147 and I have a couple of questions:

1)How should I customize conditions in order to have freight cost already calculated by SAP . The calculation is based on: the supplier city and the total weight of the inbound delivey. Where should I find the step by step customization?

2) Shoud I use MIGO instead of VL32n and obtain the same result?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209900
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member209900
Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shipment Cost Processing

Purpose

This component contains the functions for calculating and settling shipment costs in transportation. The following items describe how the shipment costs are determined in the shipment, how they are transmitted to accounting, and how they are settled with the service provider. The system also shows you how to obtain information regarding the shipment costs to be expected in the order.

Features

Calculation of shipment costs is carried out using the condition technique in SAP pricing. For further information on pricing, see  Conditions and Pricing. As well as general pricing functionality, the following additional functions are available for shipment costs calculation:

Pricing procedure determination

The system determines the pricing procedure to be used to calculate shipment costs. Determination is carried out by transportation planning point, service agent, shipment cost item, and shipping type.

Determining the Calculation Base

The origin of the data upon which a condition type is based during shipment costing determines the calculation basis. The following possibilities exist:

Delivery

Delivery item

Handling unit

Shipment cost item

All

Determination of Geographical Influencing Factors

The following options are available for representing geographical considerations in transportation:

Distances

In the shipment stage and/or the shipment header, you can either enter the distance manually or it can be automatically copied from the route stage. If you want the system to determine distance automatically, you can also use a customer enhancement (enhancement V56DISTZ).

Locations and zones

You can use some of the data from the address data in the shipment (e.g. country, postal code, transportation zone) for condition determination. This data is separated according to departure and destination locations. The system can also automatically determine a tariff zone. A tariff zone is the combination of a postal code area of a country from the point of view of shipment costs calculation.

Determination of the pricing date and the settlement date

The system can automatically determine the pricing date and/or the settlement date. You can also define a date rule in Customizing in which a sequence of shipment deadlines is defined to be used as date proposals. When defining the item categories, you can then assign a date rule for the pricing date and the settlement date.

Shipment Comparisons

You can combine the conditions of a pricing procedure into groups. The system evaluates these conditions and compares the values of the groups. You can configure the system so that the most favorable group is always selected.

Tax Determination

When determining shipment costs, you can also have the system determine the corresponding tax. Certain rules regarding the tax country of departure and destination apply to this calculation. The system takes into account whether the shipment cost items refer to the shipment header or to a shipment stage and whether the stage includes a load transfer or border crossing point.

Constraints

The component includes the following functionality constraints:

It is not possible to carry out shipment costing in the customer billing document depending upon transportation-specific data (for example, freight code, means of transport).

You cannot settle shipment costs internally if a company code is performing shipments for another company code.

These are the configuration steps in the Transportation process

1.Maintain Transportation planning point: -

Menu path:  SPRO  IMG  Enterprise structure  Definition  Logistics execution  Maintain Transportation planning point.

2.Shipments: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipments.

2.1 Maintain Transportation relevance

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipments Maintain Transportation relevance.

2.2 Define Shipping type: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipments  Define Shipment type.

3.Basic Transportation functions: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation functions

3.1 Defining Output control for the shipments: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation functions  Output control  Maintain Output determination for shipments.

3.2 Partner control for the shipments: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation       functions  Partner control  Set up partner determination for Shipments.

3.3 Text control for the shipments: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation       functions  Text control  Define & Assign Text determination procedure.

3.4 Routes: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation       functions  Routes  Define Routes.

3.4.1 Define Routes: -

a.Define Transportation connection points.

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation       functions  Routes  Define Routes  Define Transportation connection points.

b.Define Routes and stages.

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation       functions  Routes  Define Routes  Define Routes and stages.

3.4.2 Route Determination: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation       functions  Routes  Routes determination

a.Define Transportation zones

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation       functions  Routes  Routes determination  Define Transportation zones.

b. Maintain country and transportation Zone for shipping point

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation       functions  Routes  Routes determination  Maintain country and transportation Zone for shipping point.

c. Maintain Route Determinations: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Basic Transportation       functions  Routes  Route determination  Maintain Route determination.

4. Shipping Costs : -

Menu path:  SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipping cost

4.1 Shipping cost Basic Functions: -

Menu path:  SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipping cost  Basic functions  Define Date Rules.

4.2 Shipping Cost Document: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipping cost  Shipment cost document.

a. Shipping cost type and item categories.

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipping cost  Shipment cost document  Shipping cost type and item categories.

b. Shipping Cost relevant and Default setting for shipment cost type: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipping costs Shipment cost document  Shipping Cost relevant and Default setting for shipment cost type.

4.3 Shipment cost Pricing: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipping costs  pricing

a. Define & Assign pricing procedures.

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipping costs  pricing  Define & Assign pricing procedures.

4.4 Shipment cost settlement: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipping costs  settlement.

a.Assign purchasing data

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipping costs  settlement  Assign purchasing data.

b. Automatic determination of CO assignments: -

Menu path: SPRO  IMG  Logistics execution  Transportation  Shipping costs  settlement  Automatic determination of CO assignments.

For more details please go through this SAP help link it will help you about Shipment cost process in Transportation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/93/74409f546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

I hope this will help you,

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

I like your answer, very useful. I have just a couple of questions:

1)  Shoud I use MIGO instead of VL32n and obtain the same result?

2) Can I modify the freight cost after the goods have been receipted with VL32n o MIGO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think its better to add seperate condition type in PO for calculating freight charges .

Your FI document will be created once you perform Goods receipt .

Goods receipt with reference to PO or inbound delivery can be used.

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear  jinoy j,

could you explain me with an example ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Condition type ZFRB  for freight in pricing procedure

Purchase order created with frieght included.

Inbound delivery created

Goods receipt posted

FI document with material cost and freight posted.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your kindly reply but there are some matters in my business case:

1) I need to use the service agent (supplier who made the trasportation )

2) I can have differente service agent for one single PO

So, How can I do? I found http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2147 very useful, but I don't know how to customize conditions in order to have freight cost already calculated in the cost documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can achieve same by following steps mentioned in document.

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

In the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2147 I can't find how to put the value of the freight cost, which depends on the supplier plant city... Could you kindly help me?

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

In the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2147 I can't find how to put the value of the freight cost, which depends on the supplier plant city... Could you kindly help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have relevant condition record for shipment cost calculation.. Execute Vi01 and try same for cost calculation .

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member209900
Participant
0 Kudos