cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO XI 3.1 SP5 Upgrade (uninstallation of BO XI 3.1 SP3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have recently upgraded from SAP BO XI 3.1 SP2 to BO XI 3.1 SP5.

As per the update document It is supposed to upgrade either From SP2 to SP3 or S4 and then Upgrade to SP5

( Means from SP2 It cannot be upgraded directly to SP5 it has to be via SP3 or SP4)

Hence I have upgraded from BOXI 3.1 SP2 > SP3 and Then SP5.

Now my query is after installation of latest Support I refered the document it says the Old Support pack has to be

uninstall in reverse order if it is more than once.(Means I am supposed to uninstall BO XI 3.1 SP3 and SP2)   But,when

I am uninstalling SP3 it urge me to uninstall SP5 then uninstall SP3  (I am getting confuse we required SP5 but we dont

want SP3.

SO when we uninstalling it is not allowing us to uninstall.   How to come up with this error ?

Is it mandatory to remove OLD Support Pack ?
If it is mandatory. How to remove this.?

Please find the attached snippet.

Please assist

Thanks in advance   Regards,  Fasi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

I do not understand what are you trying to achieve here by uninstalling Sp3 after installing SP5 ! you cannot do that and it is not necessary !

What you have done regarding installation of Service pack 3 followed by installation of Service Pack 5 is the correct procedure.

It is not mandatory and you do not need to uninstall SP3 after Sp5 installation is complete.

In fact your system should be the way it is right now !

The un-installation steps seem to have been given in continuation of installation steps & probably that is what has caused this confusion !

For future references, when you are uninstalling patches, you will need to uninstall them in the reverse order.

You have XI 3.1 SP2 + XI 3.1 SP3 + XI 3.1 SP5, so in your case: when you are uninstalling it would be in this order :

1. Uninstall SP5

2. Uninstall SP3

Hope this helps!

-

Mihir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mihir