cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify the ECC t code & Table which populated the data to datasource & Cubes of SAP BW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a problem at my client site,both the process owner from client & BW Consultant (outsourced) are no longer available and have implemented BW without  any documentation.

I am aware of the data source . Is there a way to identify the R3 programs & tables which fetches the data and uploads  in the Data source &  load to cube?

Thanks,

Asit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

I have checked FM in SE37 & found some tables. But in these table there are few records only. I want to check ECC side data to match with BW data .Can you please guide me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asit,

Identify the data sources. Goto ECC system. Goto transaction RSA2 and give teh datasource name. Checke the extractor and double click on the extractor name.If the extractor is a view or table you can directly see that view or table through SE11 transaction. If its a function module then open the function module through SE37 transaction and teke help from any ABAPer in identifying th elogic of teh function module. This way you can findout the logic of the data source.

BR

Navesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asit,

Do you want to validate data BW vs ECC? Is this correct?

So what you need to do is identify the datasources you are using and then look for information for each one.

Go to RSO2 and select the relevant source System. Lets say you find 2LIS_13_VDHDR

Then com back to SCN and trying look for information for this datasource.

You will find that you can validate vs table VBRK/VBRP for billing. 

as this example, there is a lot of information for each module and for each datasource.

I think there is a very small change that a standard datasource does not work correctly getting all ECC data through BW unless something is getting filtered.

So i would recommned to start your validation from PSA to your cubes in BW.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

plz aware points if helpfull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you know the datasource, use the transactions RSO2 or RSA2 to identify the type of datasource. Whether generic or not? If generic then what type - Delta or Full? Extraction method - table, view or FM?

If it is table or view, it will very simple. If it is FM, open the FM in SE37 and see the code. You will be able to find the tables.

Also debug FM by using break-points and executing RSA3.

Regards

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As I posted in my question that no documentation is available in the Client site for SAP BI.

It is very difficult to Find the tcode in ECC  for a particular module to   validate the data .

Thanks,

Asit

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as stated before, you can debug the extraction. this way you can find the tables used and understand the logic of the extraction.

0 Kudos

Hi Asit,

You can debugg the extraction in RSA3. Go to RSA3 give your data source name. In T-code enter '/h' and then enter. After that start the extraction. It will take you to debugging mode.

Else you can follow as explained by Murthy,

Go to RSO2

Give your data source name

display

It will show you the extraction method.

If FM then check the FM in Se37

If table/View - then you wil get the table names directly.

If info set - Go to SQ02 you will get the table details.

For standard data sources you will have to use RSA2 or you can google it.

Regards,

M N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

I have checked FM in SE37 & found some tables. But in these table there are few records only. I want to check ECC side data to match with BW data .Can you please guide me?

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can find the FM in table ROOSOURCE. but the exact method to get a view on the extraction is debugging.

M.