cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KP26 unable to mass upload of hourly rates using excel sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sapmates,

In the transaction KP26, I am trying to upload hourly rates in mass using excel. I did the following

1. used the layout 1-201 for profile SAPALL

2. Downloaded the excel using the KP26

3. Changed the fixed and variable price

But to upload it i am using KP26 -> Extras -> Excel planning -> Upload. I am stuck here..

The problem is

1. I have excel file but it is possible only to upload txt file. I converted my file to txt but I am still gettign the error -> No file description.

I tried it by givign some random name XXXXX in the file description but error is File description XXXXX does not exist.

Could you please help me with this.

Thank you.

BR,

Pabbi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pabbi,

Please review notes 489867 and 319713

They contain a detailed explanation about the issue

The system will automatically create the file description displayed on

KP34 layout for you.

The generic file, yourfilename.txt only needs to be entered on the

default parameters of KP34 under overview=>generic file.

When you back out of the default parameters to the layout screen,

(after saving all in excel), you will see the file description that

the system created for you.  This is the file description that needs

to be entered when you do the excel planning.

It can be selected from the list of file descriptions if there is more

than one.

However, you can leave the file description blank if there is only one

generic file listed on the layout - the system will find it for you.

br, Guido

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

1.  Create new layout or Copy 1-201, new layout will be good because it will be as per your requirement in KP75.

2. As you have already created ZSAPALL, Go to KP34 select ZSAPALL and click on General Controlling --> Select  Cost centers: Activities/prices and click on Layouts for Controlling --> Select your new layout and tick "Integrated Excel" and "Overview" --> Select your new layout and click on default parameters.

3. Enter all the parameters make sure "form based" is ticked and click on "overview" button.

Note: it is a good idea if your cost center is not in a series make a group of all the cost centers you want together. In my case I have created 27 cost centers in my layout. A layout can take maximum 30 columns.

After clicking overview button --> File description is generated and excel template is created.

Save Excel Layout

Give Generic file name --> depends CSV or txt as per your requirement.

Save file Description

4. Go to KE13 or KP06 --> Extras --> Excel Planning --> upload.

Hope this will help. If you have never created a layout before it will be tricky but it is easy, give it a try.

Regards

LS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

It seems that you are using standard planner profile and layout (I.e., 1-201).  The same will not allow you to see the manual excel sheet upload for cost center planning.

First you need to create you own set up of Planner proflie and layout. 

Then try selecting same layout in KP26 and use the form based radio button it should allow you to load the excel sheet upload for cost center planning.

Please do revert still you are unable to load.

Thanks and Regards

Aruna. R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aruna R,

Thank you for your reply. I fixed the issue. Infact I am using the ZSAPALL profile (created by me).

I could upload the text (created from excel) only with one entry. How can I upload the file with the multiple entries. when i uploaded the text file (made from excel) i get the format which i am unable to use for the multiple entries with differnt versions, periods, cost centers, activity type .....

Could you pls share your expertise on this...

many thanks in advance.

BR,

Pabbi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aruna R,

Thank you for your reply. I fixed the issue. Infact I am using the ZSAPALL profile (created by me).

I could upload the text (created from excel) only with one entry. How can I upload the file with the multiple entries. when i uploaded the text file (made from excel) i get the format which i am unable to use for the multiple entries with differnt versions, periods, cost centers, activity type .....

Could you pls share your expertise on this...

many thanks in advance.

BR,

Pabbi.

priyadarshan_behera
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Please follow the below mentioned procedure in uploading kp26 file -

1. First maintain your planner profile i.e. ZSAPALL.

2. Convert your excel sheet to text. please remember to keep the amount figures not more that 3 after decimal places.

3. Maintain version , period & fiscal year etc.

4. Upload it on your own profile created for this purpose.

Thanks & regards

Priyadarshan

gautham_gopalan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Praveen,

I think you can record a BDC for the same using KP26 in transaction SM35.

record one transaction and provide the details to a ABAPER.

Then create a upload format in which you can use multiple cost centre / activity rates etc.

then they will create  a Z program and a Z t code for the same.

we have used this in our project and its working fine

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gautham,

Thank  you for the suggested solution.  I will try it and come back to you.

Best regards,

Pabbi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pridarshan,

the only question i have is - The format of the excel to be used for the multiple entries. Do you know if I can download it from SAP.

Thank you in advance.

Best regads,

praveen.

priyadarshan_behera
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Pls follow this

1. Go to KP26 , set the planner pfofile.

2. Select the KP26 screen designed specifically for it.

3. Click on overview screen or press F5. An excel file will be displayed & you need to save this file.

4. enter the required data & upload it as mentioned by me in the earlier reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priyadarshan,

thank you for your post. It helped me desinging the required solution.

Best regards,

praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guido,

Many thanks for your reply. It helped me a lot. However I am still stuck with the multiple upload, meaning that I am not able to upload the values for multiple cost centers.

For eg:

Version cost centers  Flex price    Var Price  .................

0              A                  50                 60

0              B                  35                 45

I tried with the option to upload the folder in KP26, but in that still iam only able to pick the individual file from the folder.

I am not even sure if it is possible to upload in mass the hourly rates for different cost centers with differnt activity types.

Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Pabbi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per you required , first youneed to

Upload Plan valu and Qty then you will get rate by systerm if you want to use manually you can also otherwise you need to create planner pfofile with layout ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guido,

Many thanks for your reply. It helped me a lot. However I am still stuck with the multiple upload, meaning that I am not able to upload the values for multiple cost centers.

For eg:

Version cost centers  Flex price    Var Price  .................

0              A                  50                 60

0              B                  35                 45

I tried with the option to upload the folder in KP26, but in that still iam only able to pick the individual file from the folder.

I am not even sure if it is possible to upload in mass the hourly rates for different cost centers with differnt activity types.

Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Pabbi.