cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports APS.NET Viewer in IE 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reports do not render properly in IE using ASP.NET Crystal Reports Viewer.  All I see is vertical bars.  If I switch to IE 9 mode in Developer tools, report looks fine.

Thanks

Sergey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Try the code below:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9,chrome=1" />  

Att,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whoa!  This worked perfectly and no funny stuff for our clients to get compatibility to work on their own browsers.   So simple I can't believe no one mentioned this until now.  Learning everyday.

Many many thanks my friend!!

Regards,

Lawrence

0 Kudos

Great info Paulo,

I gave you the points....

Don

0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Where did you add the meta tag that fixed the problem ?

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9,chrome=1" /> 

(we need the file and the path)

We're experiencing IE10 rendering issues too.

The reports are saved in the server repository and we`re using them with this kind of URL:

https://server.../CrystalReports/viewrpt.aspx?id=123456&apsuser=rv&apspassword=pppp, but as far as I know viewrpt.aspx is an http handler...

Thank you for your help!

Virgil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Virgil,

I put the meta tag in the head tag of the page that is serving up the crystal report.  It appears that would be the viewrpt.aspx in your case.  Even if it's an http handler it's probably still an asp.net page that I assume has the control for the crystal report.

Hope that helps!

Lawrence

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

For now I used the code below: 

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-compatible" content="IE=9,chrome=1" />

All service packs didn't resolve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the meta tag is truly not a fix for the issue, its only a way to hide it from the users. Currently even in 13_8 does not support IE 11 or IE 10 still. You must use compatibility mode.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the Supported Platforms for CRVS SP 8:

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone verified if this problem is fixed in version 13.0.9? You keep telling us to just use the meta tag for IE9 compatibility, but we have a policy to only support the previous 2 versions of IE so currently our company doesn't support IE9. We tried putting a meta tag in for IE10 compatibility and of course that didn't work. We don't understand how putting a meta tag in for a lower version of the current browser which is now 2 browser versions behind is a solution for this problem.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this should work with SP 9.

According to this KBA:

1877191 - Reports do not render when using IE 10 and the Crystal Reports Web viewer (bar)

the issue was resolved in SP 7(?).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look above in this thread, there are multiple people reporting that this problem is still NOT fixed in the SP7.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try SP 9?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wasn't aware SAP requires the users to QA their software.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel

As humorous as the quip is (if that's the right description), you have to realize that these are community forums, not support. If you want support, you are welcome to create a phone incident here:

Crystal Single Case Technical Support - SAP Business Objects US Online Store | SAP Online Store

You will get dedicated support and they can test / qa etc., what ever you need. These free forums take a very, very low priority as opposed to someone who obtained phone support.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Classy response Ludek! 

To Deana:

We were using Version 5 with the IE 10 issue and using the Meta tag solution.  It was stated that it was fixed in Version 7 but when we attempted to install Version 7 ALL of our reports stopped working so we kept the Version 5.  I figured it was worth a shot to try Version 9 since this post was reinvigorated.

After an hour of getting this installed (I love uninstalling and reinstalling!!!) I can safely say that the test was successful!

I.E.  The IE 10 weird vertical bars in the report issue is no longer observable in Version 9 (Resolved).

Of course I will have to go through more thorough testing of our 1000+ crystal reports to ensure no other strange things have occurred due to going from Version 5 to 9 but hey this is a major step forward.

Cheers

- Lance

0 Kudos

Hi Lance,

Before you start QA'ing those reports be aware SP 9 had WEB issues. I suggest using SP 12 or 13 or if you want to move to the latest use SP 14. SP 15 should be out end of this month-ish.

Also be aware we only support 3 versions backwards. But in this product there are not patches only full builds so not really an issue.

Lots of new enhancements in SP 14, Printing now looks for the correct custom paper size, as long as the name is the same as when designed and you can get report history and a few others that are in the read me file.

Hi Elias,

That is odd because others have fixed the issue by applying patches so verify your web.config file is using version 13 assemblies and that you have no other versions of CR or BOE runtime on your web server.

Don

0 Kudos

IE 10 and Windows 8 is not supported yet... some future service pack current versions will be.

Check the Platforms.pdf file for updates.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a target date, since all MSDN subscribers can install both already?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'd like to reinvigorate this thread if I may.  My clients are asking about this and telling them that they need to change their compatibility mode in IE10 is sounding more and more like we are behind the times. 

Is there a planned release date for this fix as of today?

Many thanks to anyone who responds.

Lawrence

0 Kudos

SP 5 is now available and does support Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 and IE 10, there are 2 known issues, VS 2012 changed their inProc WEB server and it's now called IIS Express. They do not use Registry keys to config it and we are working with MS to resolve this.

The other known problem is in IE 10 and you need to use Compatability mode until this is resolved also...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

I was speaking of the IE 10 issue ("You need to use Compatibility Mode").  Do you happen to have a rough estimate for when client's won't have to use compatibility mode in order to view the reports in IE10?

Much appreciated for the response!

- Lawrence

0 Kudos

Currently set for Service Pack 6, due out in 2 or 3 months, no time set yet.

So it all depends on what MS does and if we can impliment those changes.

They are working on it...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don - Any update on when this is going to be available? It has been 2 1/2 months since you posted that the SP6 release would be available in 2-3 months. I've tried to chat online with support about this and all they did was send me the installation for SP6 for Crystal Reports 2008 when I need the SP6 for Crystal Reports runtime engine for .Net Framework 4 (32-bit). This has become a real problem for us as more people are using IE10 and they cannot view our crystal reports in the report viewer as they only see vertical lines. Please advise.

0 Kudos

It's looking to be end of this month or early next.

Not sure yet if this was resolved, it's a combination of working with Microsoft to find a solution and they can be slower that us at times...

The quick fix is when you go to your site do this:

Right click on the menu and choose the Tool menu and then you'll see this option:

Click on it and add your Site to the list:

Now when you/they go there it will automatically use Compatibility mode and render the report properly.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is great feedback Don.  Unfortunately, if you are embedding the crystal reports viewer in an iframe where the viewer is loading into the iframe at a later point through javascript, then your compatibility solution doesn't work.   I realize that Microsoft is the vendor that broke this but this is killer to thousands of our customers and all we can say is we are waiting for SAP to get a fix.

0 Kudos

FYI.... Just heard back from the PM, this has not been fixed in SP 6.

Developers still looking for a solution.... Possibly SP 7.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Don,

Do you know the planned release date for the SP 7 that this fix will possibly be in?  My QA Department is on me about this issue.  Please help us!

Lawrence

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DEV tries to do the updates every three months or so. No guarantees. Looking at the pattern;

SP 2 - Jan 2012

SP 3 - April 2012

SP 4 - July 6 2012

SP 5 - Jan 2013

The long time frame between SP 4 and SP 5 was due to release of CRVS so that it would work with VS 2010 and 2012. So three month is reasonable. E.g.; SP 7; end of August / mid September(?).

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Is there a fix released yet that solves this IE10 problem yet, or is it still a matter of using workarounds?

Regards

Dave

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the release of SP 7 I sent an email to Program Management re. supported platforms documentation yesterday. I have not got an answer yet... If memory serves right, this is slotted for SP 8, but I may be wrong - let's hope so and I'll update this thread once I get a reply from PM

- Ludek

0 Kudos

SP 7 should have fixed the issue...

fixed in ADAPT01665016

Don

stephenchilds
Explorer
0 Kudos

ADAPT01665016 references what dots appearing in IE10.  The issue in this thread is vertical lines/bars displaying in the CrystalReportViewer control, not white dots.

I just installed SP7 on one of our web servers and had it upgrade the existing runtime (13.0.2.x).  It concluded the installation with a reboot.  The vertical lines/bars persist in the CrystalReportViewer.  The ASPX page contains the following:

<%@ Register Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" TagPrefix="CR" %>

Does any of that need to change to use 13.0.7.x or do we actually have to wait for SP8 to fix the vertical bar issue?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this KBA:

1877191  - Reports do not render when using IE 10 and the Crystal Reports Web viewer

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed SP7 on one of our web servers and upgraded the projects. The vertical lines/bars still in IE10. Did i miss anything?

stephenchilds
Explorer
0 Kudos

I appreciate your prompt reply Ludek.  However, although I am logged into the forum, whenever I click your link to KBA 1877191, I get a page that simply says "You are not authorized to get this note."  Could you help me get access or maybe just send me the content of that document?

If the document's recommendation is to use compatibility mode, however, it will not be any help.  That is what we have been telling our customers to do for months.  We really want a native fix for the modern browsers.  If that means waiting for SP8 then that's fine; I just need to know so that I quit wasting time on it right now.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange that the KBA does not come up for you. I tried on a non SAP computer and it worked fine there for me too. I am using IE, but FireFox did not have any issues either.. The KBA does not lend it' self to copy paste due to the image in it, but here is the gist of it. Perhaps the most important image (I lifted it out of the KBA) for you is this one(?):

If that is the case, then SP 7 should have addressed the issue.

Other than that, the KBA recommends and walks through setting IE 10 to compatibility View...

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Verify you did install the runtime on your Server, this was fixed so be sure you installed using an Admin account.

stephenchilds
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks again Ludek and Don.

I tried pulling up the KBA in Chrome and had the same problem at first, but after a few refreshes it managed to display the document.  You have been more helpful than the document was!

I confirmed that my user is a member of the local Administrators group.  I recalled that the first time I installed 13.0.7, it actually upgraded 13.0.2 to 13.0.7, I figured I would go for a clean install.  So I uninstalled and then obliged it with a reboot.  I then installed 13.0.7 again as you can see below.  But the vertical bars were still present in IE10.

Although the documentation says that Windows Server 2003 SP2 is supported, I am starting to wonder if that is the problem.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

-Stephen