cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User reset their own password

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using BO XIR3.1 SP3.  Is there a way to allow a user to reset their own password whenever they need it to be reset without requesting the admin to do the password reset?  I think there was a tool on XIR2 that could do this but I have not seen anything for 3.1 or 4.0.

We have a large amount of users that we are setting up now and the ability for them to reset their own passwords when they need it would be a huge help to us.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi keith,

Can we check the below. This is the required utility

developed in java SDK. We implemented successfully in our

Tomcat based BO deployment.this reduces atleast 50 password

reset request in our environment.

www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=92745

Prerequsite:

1.Should all your BO users have their email registered in CMC

2. Mail server along with required port has to be updated in the code.

Hope this helps. Kindly let me know for any issues.

Cheers,

Mani

simon_ravindar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

The simplest way  would be to follow the below steps.

1. The User logs into InfoView.

2.  Click on "Preferences" link on the top right hand side.

3. Expand "Change Password"

4. User is given an option to enter his  old password and confirm his new passowrd .

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simon

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Yes. This is possible. But for some of the group accounts that Are used by multiple people this will be an issue. Ebery user must have to be intimated.
simon_ravindar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Elumulai,

In Business Objects its not recommended to use the same account for multiple users. As this will lead to confusions. However if a common account is used, it makes sense if the BO Admin changes the Password ...instead of end users.

Regards,

simon

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simon,

What will happen if the user forgot his password?

99% of password reset requests comes only when the user forgot his own password.

Here you cznt evenlogin to the bo repository itself.

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Even if the user changes his/her password using Infoview and forgets later, it can always be changed by administrators using CMC.

Regards,

Anupam

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Anupam,  Requirement here is to reset password without admimistrator interruption.  Regards, Mani
former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Anupam,  Requirement here is to reset password without admimistrator interruption.  Regards, Mani
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

In that case, Infoview > Preferences seems to be a good option.

Thanks,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I have a question about the last step in the documentation for this BO deployment:

Location for selfserve:

Copy selfserve on your Java Web/Application server as a web application (WAR).

Ex: Tomcat/Webapps/selfserve

What exactly am I making a WAR file of?  The entire selfserve contents?

Thanks!

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly keith.

It contains all the .jar files and the required web.xml configuration as similar to a war file.

Have you deployed it successfully? You need to take care changes such as mail server and your environment specific parameters.

Kindly let me know for any issues.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

I have done steps #1 - 4 and have deployed the selfserve files to D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\InfoViewApp\selfserve.  I tried to use the URL http://YourAppServer/selfserve/index.html with no success yet.

I have one more question concerning step #5.  When I navigate to the location that contains the necessary jar files (D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\InfoViewApp\WEB-INF\lib) I noticed that several files listed in the selfserve documentation are not in this location (examples: MetafileRenderer.jar, reportsourcebridge.jar).  These files ARE however located in other locations (D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\CrystalReports\WEB-INF\lib).  I tried to use the jar files that were missing in the documentation from the Crystal Reports location even though our site does not use Crystal reporting and still could not access the selfserve URL.  Am I missing any steps?  Any suggestions that you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Keith,  The other required .jar files could be in commom/lib folder of of your jdk folder. try to copy and place them In web_inf folder.   If you still face issues, try copy .jar files from web_inf folder of CmcApp or InfoViewApp folders from the same Tomcat/webApps folder of bo installation directory.  Regards, Mani
former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Instead of D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\InfoViewApp\selfserve,  Deploy the application in   D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\selfserve  And use your url without any change to access your selfserve application.   Regards, Mani
former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
You can copy the required .jar files from any folder with in BO installation directory.
former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keith,

Have you got it succeeded?

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

Still working on this issue.  I hope to have it resolved by the end of this week. 

Thanks,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

I have copied every .jar file to selfserve/WEB-INF/lib/ except for cewca.jar, which I cannot find anywhere on my server.  It then tried to log on to the url
http://YourAppServer/selfserve/index.html

but I still get the 'website not found' error?  Am I missing something?  Perhaps I need to enter the localhost server in the URL instead of YourAppServer?

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keith,

cewca.jar file is related to Web Application Container related jar which you can get from some googling.

yes you suppose to replace host server with YourAppServer in browser URL.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

Sorry for the belated response.  I managed to get the web app up but when I click the 'Enter to Reset your BO Password' I get a generic HTTP Status 500 error.  I am assuming the error is because something is erring in the Start.jsp-->Logon.jsp step of the process.  I looked at the Tomcat logs and it gives me the error:

An error occurred at line: 8 in the jsp file: /start.jsp

Generated servlet error:

Syntax error on token ":", invalid AssignmentOperator

The start.jsp is referencing the logon.jsp I assume.  I entered our BO Admin ID info in the logon.jsp per the included instructions but I still get this error?  Is there something else I am supposed to edit in the logon.jsp file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

More detail on the HTTP Status 500 error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /logon.jsp:32

29:

30:

31:     IEnterpriseSession enterpriseSession = null;

32:     ISessionMgr sessionMgr = CrystalEnterprise.getSessionMgr();

33:     Exception failure = null;

34:     boolean loggedIn = true;

35:

Stacktrace:

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:506)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:377)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

root cause

javax.servlet.ServletException
     org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:843)
     org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:776)
     org.apache.jsp.logon_jsp._jspService(logon_jsp.java:164)
     org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:334)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
     org.apache.jsp.logon_jsp._jspService(logon_jsp.java:82)
     org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:334)
Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I tried to find the cewca.jar file online and could not find it available anywhere.  I'm not sure if it is needed or not?