cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full BO XIR3.1 setup for client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been tasked with finding out if it is possible to somehow clone our current BO XIR3.1 setup, including access to a CMC, for a client of ours.  The client would essentially run their own reporting environment with no oversight on our end (they would have their own admin).  Our BO environment runs on a Windows 2003 XP x64 machine and we are using BO XIR3.1 SP3 currently.  I really do not want to use a different machine for the client's setup as that would most likely conflict with licensing and we want to use the same licenses.  And I would prefer not to have the client's install conflict with our current reporting system on our current machine as I would have no oversight of their operations which would lead to problems down the road.

So, is this possible?  Has anyone ever done something like this before?  Any insight or feedback is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

simon_ravindar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

If the Client network  and your network are the same, then clone of your BOE machine... I guess would not work. The reason being, the SIA is still pointing to the CMS of your BOE machine.

So the client may land up into issues.

The only way out here is to configure  CMS cluster. Here the CMS1 will be your original machine and

CMS2 will be the client ( Clone Image).

Apart from this you need to check what kind of Lience you have. Whether it is sufficient for the extra load that comes through the client ( clone Image). Probably a BO consulatnt at your end may give the right picture.

The Last point which I would like to add here is about Administration.  You need to use the concept of Delegated Administration here. The BO Administrator at Client place should be give set of rights for a smooth operations. Also you can  include Server Groups...which the Client can use for scheduling webi and other type of BO Documents.

This is just an Overview...but a lot of planning needs to be done.

Hope I clarified your queries.Let me know if you havefurther queries.

Regards,

simon