Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services 4.1 repository schedules

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a schedule for my batch job. I can create a schedule with "option = Data Services scheduler" successfully. The schedule is active. But the schedule will not be executed. I tried all options (all days, once a day, multiple a day, ...) - nothing happened.

I can manually execute a job in designer and management console!

Some ideas or experiences with Data Services 4.1?

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create DS 4.1 schedule for a batch job, you'll find new  .bat and .txt files  created in the %DS_COMMON_DIR%/LOG/jobserver location. After that the Windows task scheduler will take care of  scheduling and execution initiation.

Check if you find the .bat and .txt and verify that  Windows Scheduled Tasks has a task added for this . Make sure you are able to execute manually and from Windows Scheduled Tasks.

I think the problem might be related to Windows user permission.

NB: Assuming it's Windows.

let me know  if this helps/

Nawfal

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nawfal,

there is no .bat file in this jobserver directory. There is no file with with today's date after I create a new schedule. Do you know this kind of problem?

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The path should be something like this (on the job server ) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log\JobServer. Please confirm if this is where you looked?

Also do you see any new task on the Windows task scheduler (in the job server machine)?

Finally can you do "Export Execution Command" check the path where it's stated as exported in the message dispalyed above starting "Export was successful. ...

Nawfal

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nawfal,

The directory ("Export Execution Command") is C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\conf

In C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log -> I found the txt and bat file (date=create/edit time of schedule). A third file is there (date=starttime of schedule): AL_RWJobLauncherLog.txt

In this Log-File contains the following: "Unable to log on: Could not connect to server sap.  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running."

But the server is not correct because our server is called sap-bo01. It seems that Data Services 4.1 truncate the servername by "-". Is this possible? DS 4.1 is still in Ramp-up (since 3 months) but I can't imagine that this cause this error...

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you post the contents of the .bat and .txt files please?

regards,

Adrian

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

txt:

-PLocaleUTF8 -R"sap-bo01.txt"  -G"9514427a_f2ac_464e_9122_77928f770bd8" -t5 -T14 -LocaleGV   -CtBatch -Cmsap-bo01 -CaAdministrator -CjSAP-BO01 -Cp3500

bat:

E:\PROGRA~2\SAPBUS~1\DATASE~1/bin/AL_RWJ~1.EXE  "C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/log/JobServer_1/" -w "inet:SAP-BO01:3500"  -C "C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/log/TEMP.txt"

TEMP is the batch job name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I see this could be that hyphen in SAP-BO01 is treated as flag to execute and that why the name seems incorrect when establishing the connection.

I'm just thinking load !

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nawfal,

I think so too. But there were no problems with DS 4.0. Any ideas?

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that sounds possible but really should not be an issue.

What happens if you run the .bat file from a DOS Command window?

Also, can you try it without the password file?

regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

It could be a bug,  Can you modify the .txt file manually and add quotes " "  like -Cm"sap-bo01" -

-Cj"SAP-BO01" and test again please.

Nawfal

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's possible that the Launcher is failing to start the job, having "-" in the server name is not a problem

you will see RW_JobLaunche.log file in the %DS_COMMON_DIR%\log folder, can you post the error that you see in that ?

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

AL_RWJobLauncherLog.txt:

--------------------------

09_11_2012 16:42:59    CRWJobLauncherApp::InitInstance called.

Unable to log on: Could not connect to server sap.  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

09_11_2012 16:43:04    *** RWJL_EXIT called.

09_11_2012 16:43:04    *** ERROR: RWJobLauncher failed to connect to CMS. (BODI-1250220)

If I edit the hosts file (localhost = sap) the error changes:

"The connection could not be established to CMS sap...it exists a wrong connection to @@sap-bo01:6400(sap-bo01:6400)... logon can not be continued"

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nawfal,

editing the txt file is not successful. The same error is shown in log file.

And yes I found the task in windows task scheduler.

regards,

Peter

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I append echo %errorlevel% at the end of my bat file. When I execute the bat file from DOS the following message is shown: "echo 180011"

I think the execution was not successful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem with JobLauncher not able to connect to CMS Server from this machine, while creating the schedule you have selected to use password file, so the CMS Connection information is stored in sap-bo01.txt file, this file will have the CMS Connection information that you see in DS Management Console under Administrator -> CMS Connection

logon to DS MC and check if this information is correct or not

don't change the host file, try pinging the machine sap-bo01 from this Job Server machine

you can also reschedule the Job but inselect the use password file option, now will you will be able to see the CMS Server name in the command line in the .txt file that is created during schedule

check if that is correct

the error message says "Unable to log on: Could not connect to server sap" did you paste the incomplete message  ? the server name is showing up as sap but the file name is sap-bo01

do you have Designer Installed on this machine ? if yes, trying conneting to CMS using that and see if you get the same error

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

BI Plattform (CMS) and Data Services (Job Server) are installed on the same machine (sap-bo01). Pinging is successful. In DSMC the CMS Connection is successful, too. The content of password file is a string consisting of numbers and letters. You cannot recognize if cms name is correct in this file.

The error message is posted correctly. A ping with 'sap' is unsuccessful of cause. In my opinion the machine want to connect to server 'sap' but should connect to server 'sap-bo01'.

Is a scheduled batch job successful if I have a server/CMS without a hyphen? Can somebody confirm this? Otherwise it seems to be a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem could be with launcher not able to parse the CMS Name from the command line or if it's encrypted and stored in the file or the command itself is not correct

can you export/schedule the Job again but uncheck use password file option, this will put the CMS Name, user etc to the .txt file that is exported , open that file and see how the details looks like, try quoting the name and see if that works

I suspect, the parsing is causing the issue because of hyphen, if that is the case then it's a bug, did you file a case with support ? if yes, what is the case number ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We getting the same problem.

Opened message to SAP.

SAP saying that a bug.

They promise to fix it in  4.1 SP1 patch 1. (Will be release at end of January).

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we change the CMC administrator Password  ...

The Data Services batchs do not work any more.

Because the .txt for each .bat contain the old password.

the issue is that, the new batch process generated now with the new password still contain the old encripted password in the .txt files.

This is clearly a bug.

Well;

You have to manually generate the current encrypted password with:

C: \ Users \ adm_sanchjo> 😧 \ "Program Files (x86)" \ "SAP BusinessObjects" \ "Data Services" \ bin \ Al_Encrypt.exe "-p NuevoPasword" >> d: \ pswd_510_adminNew.txt

And replace the new encripted password in ALL the .txt files.

A curious data:

I don't understand why is neccesary remove the first 4 characteres from the new string (encripted password)

"LXAg"

And the rest of the string will be your new encipted password now

by example

:

LXAgU3Vkb2t1NjAxNQ  -- wrong (string generated)

U3Vkb2t1NjAxNQ  -- correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

The LXag portion of the encrypted string represents the "-p " if you simply encrypt your password you would have the desired result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had same issue with BODS Job Scheduler, failing to kick off jobs. Please check out SAP Note 2032665 - RWJobLauncher failed to connect to CMS.  We are on IPS 4.1 SP4 with SAP Data Services 4.2 SP2

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim - How did you fix this issue?.Currently I do not have access to SAP notes

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Magesh,

Details in KBA

2032665 - RWJobLauncher failed to connect to CMS

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2032665

Symptom

JobLauncher fails when invoked:

(14.2.3.481) 06_19_2014 15:44:04 (4488):              
CRWJobLauncherApp::InitInstance called.
(14.2.3.481) 06_19_2014 15:44:04
(4488):               Failed to create ExtendedErrorHelper
instance
(14.2.3.481) 06_19_2014 15:44:04 (4488):               *** RWJL_EXIT
called.
(14.2.3.481) 06_19_2014 15:44:04 (4488):               *** ERROR:
RWJobLauncher failed to connect to CMS. (BODI-1250220)

Environment

• IPS or BI 4.1 SP5 with SAP Data Services 4.2 SP3 (all support packs and
    patches)
  • IPS or BI 4.1 SP4 with SAP Data Services 4.2 SP1 and SP2 (all support packs
    and patches)
  • IPS or BI 4.1 SP3 Patch 2 or above with SAP Data Services 4.2 (all support
    packs and patches).
  • IPS or BI 4.0 SP9 Patch 2 or above with SAP Data Services 4.1 SP3 (all
    patches).

Reproducing the Issue

1. Install IPs or BI 4.1 SP5 and DS 4.2 SP3 (any patch) on the server. Invoke
Joblauncher.

or

Install IPS or BI 4.1 SP4 and DS 4.2 SP1 or SP2 (any patch) on the server.
Invoke Joblauncher.

or

Install IPS or BI 4.1 SP3 Patch 2 or above and DS 4.2 (any support pack
and patch) on the server. Invoke Joblauncher.

or

Install IPS or BI 4.0 SP9 Patch 2 or above and DS 4.1 SP3 (any patch) on the
server. Invoke Joblauncher.

Cause

This issue is tracked internally by SAP with ADAPT01729235 and CM 1507758
2014 it will be addressed in a future release.

Resolution

1. Copy the following files from <INSTALL_ROOT>\SAP BusinessObjects
Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64 to %LINK_DIR%\bin on Windows

CoreServicesw.dll
cxlibw-5-0.dll
ebus-3-3-2-7.dll
etc-1-0-12-6.dll
libOCAhelperw-5-0.dll
locale_fallback-4-0.dll
ncs.dll
TraceLog-4-0.dll
BCM-4.0.dll

or

2. Use a compatible version of Data Services. 

Note:
Check the referenced KBA for compatibility between
DS and IPS\BI.

See Also

Keywords

joblauncher error boe component upgrade
Thanks,
Daya
Former Member
0 Kudos

we got the same error.

In DS very strange approach to schedule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Did you change the Administrator password recently?

To be sure that the password is not the problem, could you export the job into the .bat /.txt without checking "use the password file" (so that the username/password will be in the .bat and .txt file themselves and substitute the password after the "-U Administrator"

With the correct password that you created with the %LINK_DIR%/bin/AL_Encrypt tool:

AL_Encrypt <password> <= will give you a hash you should use.

Should like something like -P9rjutuggy  (-P and then a hash).

Try to execute the .bat file and see if there is an error in the AL_RWJobLauncherLog.txt

Regards

Norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We solved the problem just writing ip adress of the ETL machine in the CMC (in the definition of repository)  instead of domain name.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, changing CMS name to IP also solved problem.

It's seems to be a bug.... strange bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

If possible could you please post in the steps you underwent in changing domain name to IP address and resolved this bug?

It will be of great help!

Regards,

Harvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend you to update your DS to DS 4.1 SP1 patch 1.

In patch 1 SAP solved this problem (with "-" in name).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

I do not have the issue with "-", I have a quite different issue under my sleeve. Sorry, I should have mentioned this too.

The issue I face is,

CRWJobLauncherApp::InitInstance called.

Unable to connect to CMS XXXXXX:6400. 

A wrong connection is made to @@XXXXXXX.YYYYY:6400(XXXXXXX.YYYYY:6400).  Logon cannot continue.

02_28_2013 14:44:32          *** RWJL_EXIT called.

This happens when i try to execute a .bat file exported from the Data Services Management Console

I have seen the comment that, changing the ETL machine name with the IP address has resolved the issue and wanted to know the steps in achieving it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

GOT IT,

IP Address resolved the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, It seems that the problem was solved by replacing the hostname with the IP address in CMC

Could you please send me the steps to do this -

We solved the problem just writing ip adress of the ETL machine in the CMC (in the definition of repository)  instead of domain name.

Much appreciated.

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a system where ETL and BO is on the same machine. To replace the hostname with IP adress is not neccessary. We are on DS 4.1 SP 1 Patch 1. The schedule is active and running every day successfully.

So maybe the issue was fixed with the above SP or patch.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Did u checked the Schedule is in active? Also please share the scheduling details which you maintained.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the checkbox "Active" is checked, so the schedule is activated. I took the "Data Services Scheduler", all weekdays (monday - sunday) recurring, once a day with starttime now. Job Server is selected and should be configured correctly. I didn't edited other checkboxes or preferences, so this shoulb be standard settings.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Krishna

Could you please tell me how can we run 10 or more jobs in bods 4.0 sp3

Thanks and Regards

Venugopal