cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize ET_MESSAGE and ET_ERROR_RECORDS

0 Kudos

Dear all,

Does anybody have any idea on customization of error message popup display(office Client) in SAP BPC 7.5 SP 10.

We are writing huge and complex code in Write Back BADI and adding many conditions on entered data and raising error messages.

On meeting error conditions, we are deleting records from CT_ARRAY and putting those records in ET_ERROR_RECORDS.

Our end users are not happy on ET_ERROR_RECORDS. For them it's quite difficult to understand ET_ERROR_Records as it comes with all dimensions.

Error popup message does not seems to be user friendly.

Do we have any possibility ( Customer Exit / BADI )  by which we can enhance facility of displaying error message. ??

Can we customize it as per our requirement instead of just populating records in ET_MESSAGE and ET_ERROR_RECORDS??

Quick response would be highly appreciated.

BR & Thanks,

Deepesh Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

In the Excel pop-up message box you have 3 sections:

1. Records statistic

2. Error messages

3. Rejected records list

For each error record in CT_DATA you append to ET_MESSAGE a record with the error description and append record from CT_DATA to ET_ERROR_RECORDS, then you delete record in CT_DATA. Error descriptions are shown in section 2 and rejected records in section 3.

You can add to the error description the text string like in section 3 (with the string of members and value) and append the whole string to ET_MESSAGE. Then at least your custom errors will contain the information about particular record.

B.R. Vadim

0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

Yep, Currently we are following more or less similar way as you explained.

And this is my point that in this way result is quite ugly and not user friendly. How can we make it more user friendly.

If we can customize section 3 "Rejected Record list"  then it's best.

Section 1 "Record Statistics" depends on the count of records in Section 3 i.e. ET_ERROR_RECORDS.  

ET_ERROR_RECORDS have same number of columns as in CT_DATA or CT_ARRAY. Is it possible to make only one column for ET_ERROR_RECORDS. 

If I am removing not required data from some  columns from ET_ERROR_RECORDS then it displays all columns with blank value in Section 3.

BR,

Deepesh Gupta

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know a way to customize section 3 output without changing internal BPC code with some enhancement (not easy to maintain). ET_ERROR_RECORDS is created dynamically and is identical to CT_DATA.

But if you replicate section 3 info in section 2 then the users will have all necessary information to understand why each record was rejected (except records rejected because of work status or attempt to write to calculated member).

B.R. Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The sample screenshots we have in our system with detailed errors coming from WRITE BACK BADI:

B.R. Vadim

0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

Thanks for your valuable time.

As I said before, We too are doing in similar way but our users are not happy on this solution.

Marked your reply as Helpful Answers...

Thanks & Regards,

Deepesh Gupta

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I decided to provide some samples because there are number of posts regarding error message customization.

I have some idea about your request to remove unnecessary columns in section 3: you can put the value you want to display in the left column and leave other blank. It looks like BPC do not check the contents of ET_ERROR_RECORDS. Then you will get one column with some commas at the end.

B.R. Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepesh, I am not sure on your exact requirement, however you may like try below:

> You can write a VB which can display a error message beforerefresh or afterrefresh and data send, this can help if you have set cirteria to met in input form\report.

> You can drop an email to the users with error details\or if criteria not met. You can have this built in Packages and call that package in Data Manager.

Hope this helps and give some idea. Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

Thanks for your reply but VBA would not help us because we are populating error message and error records in ET_MESSAGE and ET_ERROR_RECORDS respectively from Write Back BADI.

Once the popup message comes after saving the data then it has it's own format of displaying the message i.e. with Message, Submit Count, Accepted Count,Rejected Count, Error Message (ET_MESSAGE) and Error Records (ET_ERROR_RECORDS).

I am looking forward to customize this Popup Message.

BR,

Deepesh Gupta