cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill down in WebIntelligence on iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the drill down option on my iPad using the SAP BI. The Report is created with the WebIntelligence Rich Client, in which the drill down functionality is working. After the report is published to the server and opened via the iPad this functionality seems disabled.

In the tutorial section this is clearly described as implemented.

So my questions now is, if there is some hidden option, which needs to be activated or if drilling down is even available in the current app version in the AppStore. Is there any documentation providing further information about this issue?

Greetings Kamil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pablo_leonel
Explorer
0 Kudos

same situation with EFASHION universe?

there are sample reports with drilling, did you try that?

0 Kudos

Yes thats right.

You could try the Webi Samples developed for Mobile.

Public Folders --> Web Intelligence Samples --> Mobile Samples --> Drill Demo.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing same issue with my WEBI on IPAD. I am working On BI 4.1 SP06 and SAP BO Mobile 6.3.12 and still can't perform drilling .

Please suggest the solution...

Thanks and Regards...

Jage

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please raise an issue with SAP, if drill does not work.

Also if you could post some snapshots of the document that you are trying to drill in Webi and the same snapshot on iPad to understand it better.

If you have saved the document with drill enabled, you should be able to drill the data on iPad as well.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamil,

No problems on drilling using either iPhone or iPad app here... (select a column for example, and select the downward arrow icon)

What version of BI4 are you on?

Regards,

Sjoerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're running BI 4.0 with SP 2 (version number 14.0.2.364)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I am not mistaken, drilldown is available from SP4 onwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following User Guide states it's possible with SP 2.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4sp2_mobile_user_en.pdf

Actual quote:

"You can drill on a report only if your document is saved in drill mode in the enterprise repository." (p. 36)

And yes, I did save it in drill mode...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think that is the user guide for the iPad application, but for the legacy BO Mobile BI solution, that was already avalilable prior to BI4. There is not a single word about the iPad in that guide, plus the architecture image is not consistent with the iPad mobile architecture.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000565752012E/420_mobiOS_user_en.pdf  Is the correct user guide. Nothing on limitations for drilling in it, though...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you find the solution for this?

I'm facing the same issue.

Using WebI 4.0 SP5 and SAP BO Mobile 4.2.5 and still can't perform drilling functionality.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S. van Middelkoop,

I am facing same issue with my WebI. I am working On BI 4.1 SP04 . I have created a WebI and its working fine on WebI Rich Client Tools. Drill functionality working fine with browser.

Now I had publish the WebI (Desktop and Mobile), drill functionality is not working.

Please suggest the solution...

Thanks and Regards...

Pratyaksh Jeet