cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispatcher running on 64bit jvm - on Windows

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a dispatcher with 64bit oracle (and also tried SAP) jvm but when try to test the dispatcher, I get

"Error loading java virtual machine DLL: [...]\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll - 193"

Error 193 on the jvm seems to be something like "could not load library" - which is obvious in that case.

Does this mean that 64 bit jvm is not supported?

(and yes the file is there ;-), however with 64bit there is only the server version, not the client version. Maybe that's an issue?)

Or Maybe I am just missing something? Because I thought that 64bit jvm is supported for the dispatcher at least as of Version 7.2.

One text in the Installation document clearly states that the 64bit jvm (at least SAP version) is supported:

"If you run Oracle on a 64-bit platform, you can install either the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of

the Java Runtime Environment, but make sure that the version of the Java Runtime Environment

matches the version of the database client."

Can anybody tell me if there is a chance to get this running? - I have a java library that is 64 bit because it calls a c-library via jna that is 64 bit.

So I need this 64bit dispatcher 😞

Thank you for any hint!

Best regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

just to add one more note - I now did several switches between 32 and 64 bit back and forth.

The safest way is:

- uninstall designtime (if used), runtime and (all) java runtimes.

- reboot the machine.

- install only the correct java runtime/jdk

- then install designtime (if used) and runtime.

- reconfigure the used jre in the IC

- recreate the dispatcher scripts.

For some reason the dispatcher can only run with 64bit jre if the runtime engine was installed with the same jre.

Maybe this helps someone with a similar problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tobias,

There's a few things to check, here as you are correct in that  7.2 supports 64 bit.

1. Check your JDBC drivers and make sure they are 64 bit and in your classpath / IC options.

2. Check your Java version.  I'd recommend 1.5 or 1.6

3. What version of Oracle are you using?

4. Where are you generating the dispatcher? Have you tried for testing purposes to create one on the Oracle Server.  I realize this might not be acceptable outside of a development environment, but it could help to isolate the issue some more (and let you do some file/version comparisons)

I've only done 64 bit with SQL Server, which is usually what I recommend to clients, so I'm afraid I can't give you too much specific advice.

Let me know what you find out!

Matt

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

thanks for your reply and your help!

The funny thing is, I am on SQL Server just like you, I was just citing the text about Oracle because this was the only part that I could find in the documentation that states something about 32/64 bit jvm.

In the meantime I am sure that there must be some 32/64 bit problem. Because that is what the error 193 seems to be about.

What I did: completely uninstalled all jre/jdk versions on the system and just installed one 64-bit version (JDK 1.6.0_30 from Oracle) and having installed that one I reinstalled designtime and runtime.

This did not help.

When I run MxServices.exe [dispatchername] test jvmdll=[path to my 64bit jvm.dll] (without any other parameter) I get the same error -

I of course also tried the standard dispatcher scripts - removing every jar that is not default from the path.

I am using sqljdbc4.jar, version 3. (it seems to be the same for 64/32 bit).

no success - still the

"Running MxDispatcher_[...].

Error loading java virtual machine DLL: [...]\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll - 193

(I have this issue on every idm-machine in the environment).

There must be something strange with these machines, I guess

😞

0 Kudos

ok one final (successful) answer:

After reinstalling everything I did forget to recreate the dispatcher scripts.

This did finally help. And now everything is running under 64bit.

I guess the problem was that we first had everything running under 32 bit java and than needed the switch to 64bit.

Thank you again, Matt!

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm.... I will check my server tomorrow and see if I can offer any help on this.

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah that seems to happen a lot.  I'm looking at my system now and using the same sqljdbc4.jar.  So it sounds like it was a Java environment issue.

Glad you're up and running!