Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMD_EI_API - Address handle invalid

szabolcs_domb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Deal All,

I'm developing a file based interface to create/update vendor master records from an external source. I'm using method MAINTAIN_BAPI of class VMD_EI_API. In the program I have my internal table of data,  I loop through it and call the method one-by-one for each. My problem is that, then only the first record is created successfully, the creation of further records fails with error message AM030 Address handle invalid: &.

I can't affect the address handle when I call the method. As figured out in debug standard code defines the address handle as the vendor number (before it gets the next vendor number from the number range).

I tried to use FM 'ADDR_MEMORY_CLEAR' in each loop-step to clear the temporary address memory - it only solved the issue in test mode. In update mode, however, I get short dump.

Have any of you ever faced this problem when using this method.

thanks,

Szabolcs

Message was edited by: Szabolcs Dombó OSS Note 1276406 is implemented as per current release/patch level.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean you loop and call MAINTAIN_BAPI several times??

or you prepare all data then call MAINTAIN_BAPI once.

BTW:

you have to use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT instead of a direct COMMIT WORK.

same for rollback, BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK

Personnally I would call MAINTAIN_BAPI once only.

Regards

Alain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kyo_choi2
Participant

Try vmd_ei_api=>initialize( ). before calling the CALL METHOD vmd_ei_api=>maintain_bapi

former_member221827
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This helped me with an issue I was having with cmd_ei_api=>maintain_bapi.  Worked swell.