cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP system <-> SAP Router <-> Internet(VPN) <-> SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I would like to perform a connection to an SAP system through SAP Router from an SAP system without SAP Router. The connection will be protected by a VPN which uses IPsec. The communication protocol is RFC/TCP-IP.

I would like to register this connection via SM59 but I do not know if my use case is possible and how to deal with SAP Router configuration via SM59.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards,

Herbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, is your saprouter IP/Hostname registered in SAP? If no, refer to Note 28976 - Remote connection data sheet, fill in the details and create a msg to SAP. From there, you can follow up with the SAP Network guy.

Thanks,

Nichoas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for your comments. I guess I need to further describe my use case.

The SAP Router component is already running within the SAP Corporate Network; therefore, I supose it has been already registered.

The external SAP System is running on Amazon AWS within a Virtual Private Cloud between SAP and Amazon. This Virtual Private Cloud is being protected via VPN/IPSec.

The only way to access SAP Corporate Network is via the SAP Router; however there is not any SAP Router on the Amazon side.

I would like to perform an RFC connection from the SAP System on Amazon to an SAP System on the SAP Corporate Network via SAP Router.

I hope this description provides a better understanding of my use case.

Best regards,

Herbert

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Herbert,

You would need an SAProuter somewhere on the Amazon private network.  Then register your SAProuter using component XX-SER-NET-NEW as per sap note 28976 and provide the static IP address of your SAProuter host, and also address of the IPSEC VPN Gateway and the network team should get it registered for you.  They will need to share with you the static key to establish the connection between the SAP gateway and the Amazon gateway.  From there, you would configure firewall settings and your saproutab to route to your virtual cloud landscape.

This should work, but the network team will be able to help further with this if there is a problem.

Sincerely,

Toby Johnston

SAP America, Inc.

Answers (0)