cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all phrases could be created for the specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Tried number of times still facing the same issue?

Not all phrases could be created for the specification SD-DG-UN1866

Message no. DGA428

Diagnosis

During filling of the dangerous goods master, identifiers for specifications in EH&S specification management are determined and phrases are generated from them. However, no phrases could be generated for the key date  for the specification SD-DG-UN1866 and possibly for other specifications.

System Response

No phrases could be created for the specification SD-DG-UN1866 for the key date .

Procedure

Check the identifiers for the specifications that must be taken into account for filling as a result of your selection criteria on the selection screen for filling.

A possible error could be that an identifier for the dangerous goods description is not specified on the UN listed substance.

Q) How do I Know if my EHP 6-EHS all the actvities up running fine? Because all my config are working, But if I am doing product releasing and filling, Facing issues?

Thanks

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI NIck,

Check in your UN listed substance, which is connected to the DG.

The Identifier, ID category - NUM, ID type - UN, & Identifier - 1866

Check for the Identifier, ID category - NAM, ID type - DG, & Identifier - XXXX

Any regulatory lists assigned to that?

For both of the identifiers regulatory lists should be maintained.

Based on that the Identifier NAM - XXXX, will be generated as a phrase in DG master.

Table - DGTM2 field - PDGNUD

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still same issue Kamal, Let me know if you require any additional information from my side, I am not at all able to proceed further. Let me know if you require any screen shots, Appreciate your help

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI NIck,

It shoud generate the phrase, if every thing you checked the things ad i mentioned above.

can you pls., explain the data model you are using?

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal

To explain in high  level

Step1

> In CGCL2 I had done all necessary master data confi, For example I am having 8,500 Materials for 10 UN numbers, Out which 1866 is Major and DG regulation are IATA_C, P,IMDG,CFR. So I had started with 1866 with recording so that I can hand over same to technical team.

Step2

> After doing necessary configs, I had done DGProduct Release, Here data had successfully saved

> After DGProduct release, I am able to see all the master data what I created.

>I had created DGProduct release and data is saved..

Now the issues starts.

Step3

> When I started filling process with T-code DGE5- The above started coming in

Please let me know if clear

Thanks for your help

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nick,

Here it looks bit interesting.

I can say, first you do the Filling process and later on you can go for DG product release.

by doing this way, you will be having sufficient masterdata available.

check in this way. and also check the UN-Listed substance and DG relation ship.

Regards

kamal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

This making me sleep less nights , Really appreciate if some one step in and help me on this? Please give hint, In case if I had missed any config.

Thanks tone

Nick

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nick

in your first entry you mntnioned that you are using SAP ERP ECC 6.0 with EnhPack 6

1.) did you activate any business function in EH&S ? The activation of business fucntions can have effest on: a.) DG csutomizing set up and process to be used

2.) DG can be "diveded" ot a certain extent in these main processes:

a.) data maintenance (REAL_SUB, DG_CL_SUB etc. level)

b.) DG filling

c.) product reelase etc.

d.) Use of DG data in the logistic processes (DG checks, prinnt of DG data on documents)

Actually we are not using SAP ERP ECC 6.0 with EnhPack 6 but these topics you may be should take into account:

1.) you have the topionj to perform a manual DG filling

2.) you can do that using a job whcih is scheduled; this is the normal process; the manual process is used in case of "emergency"

If you have e.g. & DG regulations activated and you have a relation of 6 mat numbers (of taype packegd materials etc.) to one REAL_SUB a numbwer of DG master data entries are updated in the filling process; I am sorry to say: I have no idea if in this case the "prduct release" status of the DG master is removed but its quite clear that you need noqw to check subsequent processes; at the same time the materials might be used in SD and other processes; if the "rodcut release" would be removed than normally you should get according to my understanding a "block" (based on customizng set up) in SD process;

Now many comapnies many strategies (based on EHS& customizing set up); As you may be know as well you can use "Change numbers" in EHS. This can be sued as wel lin DG part. So you could have a released DG master and a "new" one (assumption from my side) based on "Change number" whcih might be valid in the future etc.; now you have the "chance" to consider DG "facts" before you perform the "Product Release"

Regarding higher EHS& releases (ECC 6.09 EnhPAck 6) there is no consulting OSS available (as in the case of SVT and MSDS distribution); only regarding SAP Enterprise 4.7 you will find something in the internet;

As mentioned by other in this thread: proinciply the main data maintenace is not "changed" but only enhanced if you use higher releases; regardng the topic of "Un number"; the process which Kamal described is still the same.

Can you add further information Nick? Normally rto generate the necessary phrases (based on identifiers etc.) you specifiy phrase groups which should be used; what I would like to understand

better is the "error message" especially this part:

However, no phrases could be generated for the key date  for the specification SD-DG-UN1866 and possibly for other specifications.

Do you use change number in maintencance of phrases or specifciations?

Can you mabe be provide on very high level which custimozing acitvity has been done etc.?

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chirs

All the necessary activation had been done.

What are these change numbers? How this impacting me @ product release, Can you please explain me about this Change numbers.

However, no phrases could be generated for the key date  for the specification SD-DG-UN1866 and possibly for other specifications.

Do you use change number in maintencance of phrases or specifciations?

> No I did not use change number

Tried whole today, still same issue... I am running out of patience

Thanks for your time and support

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nick

regarding Change Numbers: refer to: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/a7/286cc20a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm

Engineering Change Management for Specifications

The same technique can be used for phrases etc.

Impact of Change Numbers on Process: You can maintain e.g. specifications for the "future";

e.g. If you would like to classify REAL_SUB A on 01.01.2020 with a special DG_SL_SUB number A instead of B you can do that; to my knowledge you can the perform the dangerous goods filling; you will find then a "split" in data records; one DG master which is valid until 31.12.2019 and one which is valid starting 01.01.2013 and clearly you can release this DG master (product release)

One question: do you use per REAL_SUB, DG_SL_SUB a different numbering schema? I assume SD-DG-UN1866 is a specification key? Normally DG filling should work if you use such number schema

Back to one of my questions: you can fill the DG master per material number; do you have only a problem if  SD-DG-UN1866 is part of the process? This would indicate maintenance problems and not process problems.

Can you please shortly provide your data model using your example?

REAL_SUB => DG_CL_SUB => LS_UN_SUB used?

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Chirs,

Can you please share your mail id, I will share screen shots and with detail explanation?

Thanks

Nick

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear NIck

may be the topic is much simpler as you might think. Let us use your example:

UN NUmber 1866 is:

Resin solution, flammable

Dangerous goods class 3.

Now let us think about this situation: we have a preparation (REAL_SUB of type "PRE_POLY) which can be classified using this UN number. What need to be done (normally done using sap transaction CG02)

1,.) prepare one LS_UN_SUB with some data

a.) NUM, UN 1866

b.) NAM DG EN  Resin solution, flammable => please assign regulatory list (hint of Kamal); e.g. ADR !

(PS: add further translations !)

c.) refer to http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/03/34981109d311d286e6080009b98822/content.htm

to go on with maintenance

2.) Prepare DG_CL_SUB e.g.

NUm, UN: 1866

NAM DGCL EN  Resin solution, flammable

and add LS_UB_SUB specification in the corresponding property (assumed always: you have used STANDARD/REG_WORLD as usage and used in this case "ADR" as the transport regulation

Now you assign this DG_CL_SUB to a REAL_SUB which might have material number B assigned.

On REAL_SUB level more DG data need to be maintained (normally like HAZARD INDUCER; DENSITY ETC.)

If material number "B" is EH&S and DG relevant (e.g by using GPP profile) you should start manual filling  of DG master of material number B

PLease check the DG master generated; at least: density etc. (and other properties which are mapped to DG master) should be transferred to transport regulation "ADR" and the data should be there; if this is the "fact" you should check further DG data (especially any DG data which is phrase based); if only the identifer NAM DG can not be converted to a "phrase" then most of the DG customizing seems to work properly

PS: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/75/16c39110f111d286ee080009b98822/content.htm

describes the fields in DG master which are supported by filling; e.g. SAP_EHS_1013_016_SOLUTE in SAP_EHS_1013_016 is of type "phrase" and if you have maintained properly some data on REAL_SUB level there should be as well some phraes available in DG master

I would like to understand if only this "UN" number gives rise to a problem and that other phrase based DG fields are filled properly.

C.B.

PS: To a certain extent you can use EH&S DG without core EH&S PS; can you please provide feedback why you use sap transaction CGCL2 and not CG02 as a starting point of maintenance?

PPS: can you please check customizing? LS_UN_SUB and DG_CL_SUB => both should have assignment to "sepcificaiotn" and may be "GGCLASS" as specificition category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

Thanks a tone !

In short, What all you had mentioned followed the same process and CG02.

Major issue where I had identified are

a) All the master data has been maintained in CG02.

b) DG Product release has been successfully for example "Product release for Material xyz.

c) I had create DG Product release and entered details for xyz material, got message "1product release (s) created.

Issue starts from here.

a) I enter T-code DGE5 "Filling from specification"

b) Entered Material number and phrase group and pressed (f8)execute.

c) I got error message as mentioned in top of chain 1st message. Ok, I had ignored those errors and checked,  if the master data has come in DGP2, Yes, data is there what all I had maintained in CG02 For example ( Packing requirements, regulations, UN Numbers, des DG class etc.)

Is DGE5 mandatory after DGProduct release?

D) Entire issue is with "Filling and Distribution", We had even maintained Table Name, Field Name in SPRO configs in "specific assignment objects for filling" 

There approx 10 UN numbers out which 1866 is major one. Issue with  other UN numbers as well.

Thanks for your time and support

Nick

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nick

thanks for explanation. Please check:

http://scn.sap.com/message/8785958

and

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/ba/75a54180505643b4160c20f5dd1220/content.htm

(especially this part:

The system takes into account only those identifiers of the identification category NAM that are specified in the identification listings D_DANGOOD for UN descriptions and D_DGHIS for hazard inducers.)

With best regards

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nick

in the thread mentioned a similar problem like yours is described with the same error code etc.

If phrase group has been prepared properly and phrase customizing has been done properly it should really work. Therefore use the thread mentioned to may be find a solution

Here only a "small" overview about how it should work:

You prepare LS_UN_SUB with NAM DGCL e.g.

NAM DGCL EN  Resin solution, flammable

and assign a transport regulation (e.g. ADR; DG_ADR). During DG filling the system checks this identified and collect information.

If you have maintained e.g.

NAM, DGCL EN, X assigned RL: ADR

NAM, DGCL, FR Y assigned RL: ADR

etc. (X and Y represent the translations) the system should generate one phrase in the phrase group and assign it to a phrase set to be used in DG process

I believe the "EN" text will be the "basic text" of the phrase and then you will get the phrase positions:

EN = X

FR = Y

etc.

The collection and generation of the phrase is done based on the linkt to the regulatory list ! This is a further key/success factor

The same process is used during generation of phrases based on "hazard inducer" (please check identification listing as well !!) and I believe that you need once again assign a regulatory list to the identifiers used (e.g. NAM HIS)

Hope that you will soon a working solution

C.B.

PS: there is a general OSS available which will not help regarding this issue but may be others:

Note 1157472; it is related to general problems in DG area after upgrade etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear NIck,

This kind of defect also pops out, due to the DG Indicator Profile, you selected in material master - Basic Data 2.

Try to change the value in the field - menitoned above, and carry out the DG filling process. Probably you might get out of this.

Regards

kamal