cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have the SUM passwords ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you all know the Software Update Manager.

I try to update the Solution Manager with SUM.

I have generated a stack file and now SUM tells me:

Validation of deployment queue completed with error: The stack does not match the system. Probably the system was changed after the stack was generated. Synchronize the system with SAP Solution Manager and then generate a new stack. Software component sap.com/SAP_JTECHF with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0. Software component sap.com/SWLIFECYCL with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0. Software component sap.com/BASETABLES with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0. There are 15 more error messages. See them all in C:\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\CHECK-QUEUE_01.LOG

I have now 4 options:

Repeat step from point of failure

Ignore error and go to next step (requires password)

Jump to another Step (requires password)

Exit program

Has anyone the password to ignore step ?

Not only for this phase, i would kindly ask for the passwords for all steps in case i want to test SUM

on Demo Systems with various options.

Best regards,

Eberle Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

thaze_shajith2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I agree with the fellow members, correct the issue instead of skipping a step. Anyway to answer you question, the passwords can be found in SUM/abap/htdoc/phaselist.xml

0 Kudos

In LMDB, check that the java stack of your product system has been updated recently.  In my case, the Java data supplier was not configured correctly and I had assumed that the ABAP data supplier was used for both stacks.  This resulted in a stale stack file generated by MOPZ.  That is why you are seeing newer versions on the system and older versions in the stack file.

Update your Solution Manager Java data supplier via Visual Admin, resync your technical system in the LMDB, don't forget to verify the solution and save, and then run a new MOPZ transaction.

TLDR; Your data supplier isn't configured properly on the Java stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/SAP_JTECHF with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/SAP_JTECHS with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/JSPM with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/CAF-UM with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/KM-KW_JIKS with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/BI_MMR with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/LM-TOOLS with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/BI_UDI with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/CORE-TOOLS with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/SWLIFECYCL with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/SAP-JEE with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/ADSSAP with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/JLOGVIEW with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/UMEADMIN with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/LM-SERVICE with version 7.01.7.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.2.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/CAF with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/SAP-JEECOR with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Software component sap.com/BASETABLES with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.

Sep 18, 2012 10:40:07 AM [Error ]: Stack validation completed with errors.

This is not possible that you are getting same error for so many components ...seems those s/w components are upgraded after generation of stack xml. Its better to regenerate stack xml insted of editing current xml.

You can check the exact version of s/w components using telnet.

telnet <hostname> 5NN08     // NN is instance number

user : j2ee_admin

pass : *********

Then give below command

>version

Please check the current s/w components version in repository and then try to regenerate new xml

Regards,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I agree with Sunny's opinion instead of getting into SUM password to skip the step it would be rather helpful to edit the stck.xml file.

We have faced it during upgrade of java systems, sometime stack information is not completely updated in SMSY.In your case it's good that system is on higher side (Software component sap.com/SWLIFECYCL with version 7.01.6.0 is found on the system but in the stack it is listed with version 7.01.2.0.)

I have edited the stack.xml file using most crude method i.e. opening stack.xml file in notepad and then replacing 7.01.2.0 with 7.01.6.0 for sap.com/SWLIFECYCL. Double check can be done by opening stack.xml file in internet explorer. We have successfully upgrade system after that with no skipping.

Regards,

Ashraf

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried the password from the SMP Note for your version of SUM ? (i.e. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1680769 is the Central Note for Software Update Manager 1.0 SP05)

hth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, without that keyword at the beginning i can't even start the process.

The passwords  are required if an error occurs and you want to skip that step, every step has a password, see the 4 options left after the error in my first post.

Thank you

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps you should investigate why the XML is giving out these error. Have you try to regenerate a new XML and retry with the new xml file?

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

a little info behind the scene: I try to update a Solution Manager. I create a mopz transaction and with it the mentioned mopz comes the xml file. If the solution manager can't get it right how am i supposed to ?

Thanks

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to cross check the component version in your Instance, SMSY and the XML generated, and ensure all are identical.

If you just want to get rid of the error, perhas you can try to follow Note 1469745 - JSPM/EHPI error:
swtf-component on the system, not in stack

and remove

the tags <target-system></target-system> with everything between

them in the XML file. Prior to that, backup the xml file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint. After removing from .xml stack the <target-system> tags and whats between them it went along but with warning:

Warning: This stack configuration file does not contain a list of the current software component versions.
The SUM process relies on this information available in the system stack, therefore there might be issues with the stack later in the process.

Still it would be helpful to have those step password just in case we want to test SUM out.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to jump a particular phase, you need password for that phase. But skipping a particular phase can have significant effect in the upgrade and it can event corrupt your upgrade. You can only skip phase with SAP suggestion and SAP support can only provide you with the password.

Now, as far as your error is concerned, it is the problem with stack xml file because of which you are getting this error. Please make sure that your system components should be updated in solution manager- SMSY. If it is not updated then system will calculate stack with out dated information and you will get error in this phase. So, please make sure that stack xml file should be correct with source and target release information for all the components.

Thanks,

Sunny