cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiValue error in webi report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are multiple values for material code for same material description, In Bex it is showing properly with multiple records but in BO Webi It is showing error as #multivalue & i want to display both values in report so, please help regarding this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MariannevL
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I this basis an XML universe or are you on a BICS connection?

For a universe you have to make the dimension key value a dimension object instead of an attribute of the name object (it is generated that way, but that will not work, the only save way is to make the key leading for any attributes).

Making one object an attribute of another actually implies there is only one value of the one for each value of the leading one. Which, as you explained is not the case.

WebI doesn't reserve space for any other values in the internal multicube, hence multivalue.

Hope this helps,

Marianne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I can say Material(Key) which is displaying #Multivalue is definitely 'Detail' object.

If you confirm again that it is a 'dimension' object then try with checking option 'Extend Merged dimension values' in document summary window.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

yes material (key) is a detail object, but i want to display material code also so, how can i display without using detail object.

MariannevL
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

The detail object should be made a dimension object in its own right by your universe designer, that is not something that you can do within WebI. The way the universe is set up now (with the key as detail) is simply not correct, even though it gets generated that way, it has to be changed.

Please ask your universe designer to change the detailobject with the key into a dimension object that holds the same XML.

Meanwhile you can try this

• create a report variable that takes the key detail object
  • change the classification of that report variable into dimension.
  • Use the report variable instead of the original key detail object.

However you do not want to bump into that same problem all the time, so first see if you can get them to change the universe.

Good luck,
Marianne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Create a new dimension variable in report level (copy the same difinition from detail object) and make use of dimension variable in place of detail object. OR

Create new dimension object (use same definition of detail object) in universe lavel and use dimension object in your report

"Attributes must have a one-to-one relationship with their associated dimension. Each value of a dimension object can have only one associated value of any attribute.

If, due to incorrect universe design, a detail object tries to return multiple values for one dimension value, its cell displays the #MULTIVALUE error message."

Hope it helps you,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

It doesn't work in Webi by creating new dimension object for Material(key). By using this material codes has been displayed but all key figure value shows: #

& the other way you are saying to change in universe , please explain how to resolve in universe designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys it has been worked by changing in universe designer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206621
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check the object properties of "Material", "Opening Stock" and "Closing Stock" in your universe?  "Material" should be a dimension, "Opening Stock" and "Closing Stock" should be a measure with "Choose how this measure will be projected when aggregated" = Sum.

Kind regards,

Lieselot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material is dimension &other two are measures. i want to display both values as separate in Webi BO.

former_member206621
Contributor
0 Kudos

And is the function for when the measures will be aggregated equal to Sum (and not Database delegated)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can you Explain with sample data how your data look like , and how you would like to see ,so that i can help you on that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let Suppose data in Bex as show as below:

Material  Material Description opening stock closing stock

412400        ABC                         1000          500

412500        ABC                         2000          800

there are 2 material codes for same description

But in BO it is displaying as below:

Material               Material Description     opening stock           closing stock

#MULTIVALUE      ABC                        #MULTIVALUE           #MULTIVALUE

& i want to display both codes in BO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does the error appears if you only use the material key on the BO report?

br