cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard 4 (Xcelsius 2011) with EPM 10 NW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am having difficulties building Dashboard. I am getting errors in Dashboards. Here are the details.

Server: NW 7.31, BPC 10 Patch 8. I am not sure about the Server OS.

Client: Windows 7 x64, MS Office 2010 x86 (32 bit). EMP Add-in (Big Volume version) SP 12 patch 4. Dashboard 4 (Xcelsius 2011) SP 2 FP 3 PL 3.

EPM Add-in Flash 2 version (this one can be cause of the problem).

I have also installed .NET 4 and C++ redistributable libraries for 2010. I have installed Primary Interop Libraries as well.

Here are the steps:

1. Build the EPM Report using Local Connection.

2. Use GetReportDefinition() function to get XML. This also works.

3. Start Dashboard 4 and choose 'Model with Spreadsheet data". Pick the EPM report that was built. If MS Excel is still open then EPM is still connected to NetWeaver. If I hit refresh in Dashboard 4 it give error:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

4. Ignor error and use EPM Connector Add-in. When Add-in is installed it complains that the Add-is is built using Flash 2 and should be build using Flash 4. I can not find Flash 4 version of the add-in. Is Flash 4 versioin of EPM Add-in available? If I ignore this message as well.

5. Build the connection and generate SWF.

6. Execute SWF. It just sits there and nothing happens.

I have tried build report in Dashboard 4 itself in following steps:

1. Close MS Excel. Close Dashboard 4.

2. Start Dashboard 4 and build new Dashboard from Blank Worksheet.

3. From EPM Connect to BPC NW using Local connection.

4. Click on 'New Report' I get the message:

Impossible to open the report editor. Check that all reports are connected.

5. Click OK then I get MS .NET Framework error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

If I click 'Continue' I can use report editor but when I am done with report editor and hit close then same message comes back and then there is no way to get rid of this message, I have to goto Task Manager and end process.

Can someone please point out what is wrong and if there are any steps missing or software version not correct.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kashif & Rashmi,

please see this note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1760909 maybe it helps.

Kind regards

Roberto

0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your quick response.

Current versions are -

Dashboard Designer - version 6.0.0.0., Build 14.0.2.364

EPM-AddIn SP12 Patch 6.  (The note 1760909 suggests that this issue is resolved in SP12, patch 3.)

BPC 10NW SP08

BW 7.30 SP4

We are able to log on to the local connection, however, when we try to create a new report we get the errors displayed in above message.

Let us know if you need more information.

Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find a solution.  We are now experience the same problem.

We are using EPM-AddIn SP13 Patch 1, with Dashboard Designer - version 6, BPC 10NW, SP08.

We get the error when we try to logon to BPC from Dashboard Designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

After installing EPM-AddIn SP13 patch 1, the issue of ""Exception from HRESULT" was resolved.

However, we are still not able to get expected results for the report we built for the dashboard.  We are still investigating it. 

Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I got the same error as yours when try to logon after applying Epm Addin SP13 Patch 1. I already posted message to SAP and create the new discussion. Let me know if you already solve the problem.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3298170

Thanks,

Renne

former_member196060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renne,

Update thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3298170

Regards,

Hengye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I am using Dashboard 4 (Xcelsius 2011) SP 4 FP 3 LP 4.

I uninstalled it and tried using Dashboard 4 SP 02 PL 20, but I am getting same result.

0 Kudos

Hi Kashif,

Did you get any solution for this error?  We are also facing the same issue.

We upgraded BPC for SP05 to SP08 and EPM-AddIn from Sp05 to SP12-Patch6.

We are able to create NEW LOCAL connection and able to connect to this local connection.  When we try to create New Report, we get an error "Impossible to open the report editor.  Check that all reports are connected"

Once clicked on OK - it gives an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

When clicked on "Continue", it takes to the report editor however we are not able to drag/drop any dimensions in rows/coluns.  Also we keep getting "Object reference" error.  We need to end the tasks going to task manager else we cannot come out of dashboard designer with the normal way.

Few times we get error "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC"

Any updates?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rashmi