cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know the Process chain put back to Scheduling time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the SAP BI PRD system, a process chain is in schedule which runs daily at 2 AM & 2 PM.  Since the BI PRD server is brought down for a day, we have unscheduled all the process chains & after the server is up we have put back the process chains to schedule.  Last sunday, the server was up by 8 PM, so one of my colleague have put back all the process chain to schedule by 10 PM.  The next day morning by 9 AM, we got an email from our client asking us to check if this particular process chain which runs at 2 AM has been triggered for the day or not.  When we went and checked the chain in Log view, it did not run at 2 AM for that day but the chain was in schedule.  Now, the client is questioning us on how the chain would not have run at 2 AM if it has been put back to schedule at 10 PM the previous night.

There are 2 possibiliities for this, my colleague should have missed to put the chain back to schedule.  Client would have noticed this in the morning and they would have put it back to schedule and could have hidden it from us.

The second possibiliity is, though we have put the process chain in schedule, it did not run next morning as per schedule.

I doubt that first possibility could have happened, but we cannot go and ask the client blindly that if they have put the process chain to schedule. 

So, I need to know if there is any place in BI where we can check the time when the process chain has been put back to schedule and who has put it back.

Else, if the second possibility is possible, please let me know how do i justify this to my client.

Regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You can get the last activated information from the process chain log view.

Here you can get the clue when was it activated. When you click on Schedule button it will first activate and next schedule the PC.

Regards

KP

sreenath_adapa
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Murali,

Check if the Process chain is activated or not ,

If activated please Schedule the process chain

I hope this may solve your problem.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murli,

You can find out Process chain execution timing, as given screen shot.

You can also find out , last time who has scheduled process chain ,by display start variant .

I think it help you to verify the timing of process chain execution & who has scedule it last time.

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

The process chain is already in scheduled status.  I need to know, on a particular day who has put the process chain back to schedule.

Apart from the Log view, will the Logs be maintained anywhere in the system for this?

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply.  When i check in the start variant, it is showing a date in June, but this process chain was scheduled last week.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jist try t. code  :  slg1   .

You may be aware of users also , you can check users log by t. code : suim

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

sreenath_adapa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you want to check logs it i good to go for  'SLG2'  Or   Table " RSPCLOGCHAIN "

Hope this will help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

john_lang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Do you have the business content for statistics installed for the Process Chain data?

If so then have a look through it for answers in a query slice'n'dice format for analysis.

Kind regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You can check while going - right click the start variant of PC(open PC in planning view) and click on Display All Jobs --> you can find the Release status for job and user too if it is still not triggered.(If it got triggered now u can find the finished status and time and other info too in log)

Thanks,

Sneha