cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.0 HR-Planning issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are about to make a PoC regarding integrated workforce planning.

We have the following issues:

- what happens if the master data (actual data, which is loaded from BW) changes every month (employee resigns, gets another function, etc. ...)? does it work in BPC?

- how can I change the function of an employee (Function = Dimension and an assigned property to the dimension Employee) or record on a shift from the employee (of one company in the other) only for the category "plan" (!) - so do not change the Actual data (master data)?

thanks,

anett

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anett,

The historical data should not be deleted. Hence, even if an employee leaves the organization, his (or her) master should not be removed. If the master data in source is changing frequently, then you must load the master accordingly.

As you said, function is a property as well as a dimension by itself. If the function property of an employee changes, there is no problem. The same changes can be uploaded in the BPC system also. However, you must have a logic to load the data into the corresponding function dimension member. And also please note that, this should not effect the historical data.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

thanks for your input. It is very helpful but what if I only want to simulate a change in master data?

So I plan a funktion change for an employee (category dimension: Plan, Time: 2015) but I want to leave the master data as is.....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Well, we are also planning to have a manpower planning in one of our client.

Thought process is like this :

Manpower and HR Cost we will be in same model. Once manpower planning is done, HR cost will be calculated based on  various rate matrix and these HR cost will be pushed to budget model.

Dimensions :

1. Employee

2. Grade

3. Position

4. Time

5. Category

6. Status

7. GL (HR Gls + other  calculation  GL)

8. Entity ( personel area in HR)

Looking at the post, I find that you have implemented the same. I have certain queries :

1. What can be possible factors on which manpower planning can be done, since client doesn't have any AS-IS process.

2. Client requirement is that , after planning on such factors BPC should project the manpower required for the organization under each region.

3.Are above dimensions sufficient  for manpower and HR planning ?

If possible it would be great if you can share some documents on this. since sap best practices are available.

Thanks and regards,

former_member211812
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP BPC , Anett Gondi,

I want to do the manpower planning for one of my client and our thought process is the same what is mentioned by you.

and it would be very kind of you if u could share some templates or logic  

for the same 

please respond on my email id : toufiqsap_at_g-m-a-i-l_dot_com

regards 

Toufiq

former_member5472
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried looking at the RDS solution "SAP Extended Financial Planning rapid-deployment solution V2.101". It will give the jump start that you are looking for. It is free content to licensed customers/partners of BPC. 

EPM Add-in Academy - Enterprise Performance Management - SCN Wiki

Prat

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you load data in BW and then BPC you are using 0EMPLOYEE for EMPLOYEE dimension and 0HRPOSITION for ROLE/POSITION dimension and as the property of EMPLOYEE, for instance (as you like).

If employee changes position the subsequent changes will be loaded into BPC, thus updating ROLE/POSITION property of an employee.

That's regarding master data.

We've been loading employee salary from 0EMPLOYEE infoobject as transactional data on the recent project. It helps you maintain security and also it helps you to plan transfers/leaves/promotions, etc. You can copy employee from one position to another quite simply.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anett,

In general, changes in BPC master data (hierarchy and properties) are not time dependent and will affect the historical data. To my mind it's not good to have a hierarchy of employees, instead you can create hierarchy of positions in one dimension, flat list of employees in another dimension and a  cube with both dimensions (positions and employees) and relation between employee and position in the account dimension. In this case the relations will be time and category specific.

B.R. Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented a BPC 10 people-planning solution a few months ago, and we used an 'EMPLOYEE' dimension, wtih a property storing the position the person holds. This, however, was not a significant part of the solution and did not require the flexibility of planning by position how I understand yours.

Typically, BPC does not support time-dependency as planned data is always forward looking. To make the solution work for you, you could use an extra dimension, splitting out POSITION and EMPLOYEE, allowing an employee to be planned at a 'Junior' level, and then 6 months later at a 'Manager' level, for example.

Nick