cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MM certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Am working as an SAP Implementation and support professional for an FMCG sector for the past 2.5 years... my total experience is the same.. now planning to go for SAP certification in MM as am familiar in that area..

Am from Chennai, India

It costs around - 2,75,000 + taxes for training

exam fee - 30000 + taxes for certification exam.

Now,

I came across some things in www.sap.com like.. Application certification, technology certification, development certification what does these mean ??? ..

Am totally confused where to start and how to start..

Kindly help me by sharing you experiences and advice.

Thanks,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will be an Application Consultant (mostly functional)

The technology and development is more relating to basis and ABAP related areas.

Please not resign your current as the market is very volatile, do not know whether your Certification will fetch you any consulting job.

Following threads would be useful.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.ravi..

I have read your blogs .. great stuff that was gained practically investing years ... !!! SAP either eats money or years or both.. ...

Am getting offer calls now .. in the last month i got among 7 to 8 calls out of that 5 calls were asking me r u certified... !!

!!! ...

So how shall i proceed with.. am good with business mapping and average at configuration....if i go for certification then i will be good with configuration too right !!! ...

Is my understanding correct Mr.Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

If you are particularly looking for certification, you can also go to nearby countries like Malaysia or Singapore to write the Certification without training. Total you can finish with INR 50,000 (including lodging and boarding). At the end of the day what you get is same whether you attend the training or do not attend the training. In India, the kind of restrictions will not allow you to write the certification. (I am no longer much interested to comment on this area)

You may be getting calls, but Certification no guarantee for your job. It is not that how many calls you are getting is important, how many calls you are turning them into job offers is important.

For passing certification, you do not need to be expert in configuration. You need to go through the materials at least not less than 5 times, very religiously. That would be more or less sufficient in order to gain the certification. Getting knowledge in configuration is an ongoing process, you will keep on learning new things in life forever.

All the best.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot Mr.ravi..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Ravi , i have read you blogs its really nice, i am an end user of MM SAP for the past 5 years, i am planning to do the SAP certification, but much worrried about the high cost, i am planning to take the training in unauthorized center, so after taking traning can i able to do certification in other counrty like singaore ete.. if so can you please guide me what are necessary thing i should do, to who i need to contact for writing certification in other country..

Regards

Muthu

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

There would not be much fuss at Singapore or Malaysia, when compared to India. However, at the end of the day it is discretion of the Centers and their existing rules. You may have to contact SAP Education Centers in those countries and they should be able to advise you on this. Probably, they may ask you CV to validate. Whereas countries like UK (I believe in US as well), there would not be any such validation. It is just pay and write the exam. If you have the skill and knowledge, you are going to pass it otherwise not. It is as simple as that.

Please contact them at the following link. They should be able to advise you.

http://www.sap.com/asia/services/education/centres/index.epx

All the best.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your advise. Please will you provide some sample question paper related to MM module for certification.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lokenath,

Please check for yahoo groups, you will find MM certification questions.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI muthu kumaran,

Have you finished your SAP MM certification?

regards

cns

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Im sibu

i hav completed my M.E in Applied electronics

I hav plans to do SAP  MM or ABAP

am i eligible to do that?

Please suggest me some idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Cananyone help me regarding SAP

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can surely pursue SAP.

Please contact local SAP Education. They would be able to advise you.
Meanwhile, I would encourage you to read this blog to answer most of the questions.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

which domain shal i choose?

Functional or technical

like ABAP or MM?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should not listen to people for choosing modules. You should believe in your heart and which modules suits. If I say ABAP, but if you are interested in materials management, then it would never work out. You are the better judge for yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never share your personal information in public forum. If you want to share your personal information, then make it visible in your profile and tell other user to take the information from your profile.

Never post such information in discussion/blog/document's content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

r u ther

Former Member
0 Kudos

although nos should not be share,but now when you come to know my contact number you can very well call me. I dont understand why you cant call & practically it is difficult to write everything as its counseling kind of discussion.

Why hindering you to call????

Former Member
0 Kudos

shal i cal now

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Just to ask here, Should we go according to market trends wrt to learn new module or  should we go according to what we feel good to learn?

Suppose a guy is working in X module and he wants to learn Y and Z modules also but market wants a guy who knows X and Q both where Q is a module in which that guy is least interested.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please. any time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry my balance got over

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

DO the things wer your heart is?

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ravi sir, i am taking sap mm certification feb 2016.

Can you help me the study process?

And any updates i must consider for writing the certification?

I am also offered dual certification with only certification charges for 2nd module.

I am planning to take up MM Plus FI. What do you suggest?

Please help.

Thanks,

Punith

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Punith,

Where did you took the training?

Which is the Institute offering this dual certification?

What is the certifications that you are offering?

What is the amount that you are paying for Certification?

The following blog would be helpful.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am taking training at Lethan Genovate (Bangalore).

They are offering 1 certification for 4lakh and another only training for 40k plus 36k certification.

My main module is MM, I am planing to take FI as 2nd module. I am confused with FI or PP for 2nd module.

Can you give some suggestions?

Thanks,

Punith

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Punith CM

I'm certified from Lithan Genovate Inst. itself, during Oct 15 in MM. The module is good on industry but still find any opening on it is very difficult

So think before you leap. as its huge investment.

all the best,

PP

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Punith.

It depends on your knowledge levels and comfort in other module. Being a finance consultant, for me it is the most easiest. I cannot comment up on PP.

Being MM consultant having adequate finance knowledge would always be handy. You may opt for FI. However, PP consultants might have other views.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ravi,

i have three years of experience in java development , now i am planning to shift to SAP MM , pleast suggest

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaveni,

I am not sure your functional background.

I am curious to ask why you are intending to shift to SAP MM with programming background.

If you are already a developer, then ABAP / other technical areas would much suit you. If you are have few years of experience in logistics, such as supply chain management, procurement, inventory etc., then MM would be handy for you.

It is not impossible to learn SAP MM from lone Java background, but, you will find lot of grey areas during the course.

Please let us know your education / functional experience / business process knowledge, then it would be easy to suggest you something.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Ravi

My name is surender. I am Project consultant in kranium healthcare. My module is Purchase and Inventory Management. I have implemented more then 6 hospital. I know the some what about inventory managenment. I want to learn MM in SAP. Please let me know how to start the process. Without certificate we can get jobs in MM?

Thanks & Regards

Surender. R

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surender,

Please refer the following blog, which could help you.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I have brrn working with C++ and since its not booming I was in search of a new technology for movement. I wish to switch over to SAP. Out of all the modules MM sounds interrsting for me. I would like to mention that I tried an  ABAP training before but I didnt find it interesting since I never want to do coding again. Pleasr tell me if MM is right for me. But my heart says YES to it. Or please do suggest any other modules which I can go for. I feel SAP is more practical than coding thats the reason I want to move.

Thanks

Shalini

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shalini,

It depends on your education / experience / business process knowledge. To become a MM Consultant, you must have good knowledge in procurement / material management etc. If you have already worked or have any good conceptual awareness, that would really help you. If you do not have much understanding, you may find little bit grey. In the sense, if somebody comes to SAP FICO, without having the knowledge of Finance domain, all those words would looks hard to understand. If you have real interested, nothing is impossible, SAP is not a rocket science, you should be able to easily learn learn.

Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, Can you please tell me which module is booming now. I am sure FICO was not very friendly to me when I read an overview about it. I was liking PP, MM, SCM, CRM. Please tell me from the industry perspective which module can I think about.

Also I am planning to take a training on MM at a local institute in Chennai. I insisted them on hands on training sessions and they promise that their training is a practical one. Will that be useful for me. If permitted I can even mention the syllabus that they follow

Thanks

Shalini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi. From the industry perspective which module do you think is booming now? Except for FICO which is always high, Which module do you think I can think about if not for MM? I liked SCM, CRM, PP and MM.

Also I am planning to take a training from a local institute in Chennai on MM. They assure that their training is more of Hands on than just theory. Do you think this will help me get the initial hang of it ?

Thanks

Shalini

Message was edited by: Ravi Sankar Venna

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

Module is something you should selected based on your education / experience / domain knowledge. But, not based on the booming. To booming module may not boom tomorrow. Therefore, I would advise you to look at your interest.

Local institutes mostly run on pirated software, which is legally and ethically not correct. They usually do not follow structure syllabus and no guarantee for the trainers. Whether it is local or authorised center, largely the success of the training depends on the trainer. If the trainer is no good, then even if you join the Authorised Training Center, then it would not much help you.

To be fair, training is only few months, they would only try to give you basic and conceptual knowledge. You need to develop your skills of configuration / business process over a period of time. It could even take more than a decade.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

You must need both Theory as well as Practicals. They is needed in order to understand the conceptual design of the system, whereas practicals are required in order to have the confidence to work on the system. Therefore, you must concentrate on both the items.

Please select the module based on your interest, but not based on others advise.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please advice on how to choose the place for the initial training. Hands On I would continue to do after the training is over also. But if Local centres dont follow proper syllabus as you said then what is the way for ppl like us with no SAP background to drill ourselves in the SAP grounds??

Thanks Shalini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Ravi, ppl adviced me to take ABAP since I was from technical background and I found that it was not my cup of tea. Now I would not choose based on any advice I will choose according to my interest only. What you said is right we need both equally. Other than that will there be any major issues in a techie like me moving to SAP ? will the SAP world accept me?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have real commitment and passion for SAP, nothing would stop you to succeed.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

I have no idea about local SAP Training Centers.

Please go through list of SAP Authorised Training Centers in India

Training Locations

Meanwhile, please tune yourself to:

https://training.sap.com

to know the syllabus of your Certifications.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Am currently taking online training in chennai , of course SAP authorised centre.

I can see lot of institutes offered me with 10k to 30 k fee structures. also promise job assurance.

But none of them are really useful, they just create a website and a with a telephone they try to convince and get money.,End of the day we got nothing.

beware of this people. please go for authorised centres of SAP

regards

Poornima Sanrthosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Could you please give the examination material details or book codes for SAP MM professional exam (SAP - Certification Code - P_PRO_65  ). I am in middle east(UAE) working for SAP client and want to write exam. So please provide the certification books codes. Thanks in advance fro your support.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

There should not be much difference between 65 and 66.

Please check the following link, it gives you the syllabus.

Explode the below mentioned syllabus nodes, it gives the certification book codes.

https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/p_pro_66-sap-certified-application-professional---procur...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'am Srinivasan Rajaram doing MS Information Technology in Paris and looking for an internship. In addition I would like to do SAP MM Certification in Europe..

I have 4.2 years of experience in Material Management 1.8 years years of experience in marketing..

Which training center will be referred and the total cost for the certification incl (Tax + Examination fee).

Thanks and Regards

Srinivasan Rajaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 3+ years of experience in logistics and procurement, which is suitable SAP course for me where can i find it?

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried training.sap.com ?

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I don't

Actually last week i attended interview for purchase executive, they told we require SAP knowledge person.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ketan,

there is vast difference in domain exp and SAP experience.

Definitely domain experience is much important while mapping/using SAP.

But for entry level in SAP , You have get the SAP flavors in you which you will only get when you will read SAP training book. Read those books and get used to / aware of SAP then only technical round of interview will cleared & you can have pure IT job or even in ur domain.

For SAP career, one need to read a lot so that one can know what are the functionality available in sap & how many of those can be used in your present set up.

1st study sap books & online practice without which you will can't ahead a inch.

Once you will get 1yr experienced in SAP then your domain experience will also start getting more weight-age.

I hope this is useful.

Reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

Thank you for reply, I'll try read book of SAP. But for the sake of information which institute provide SAP certification? which is recognized by corporate companies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos