Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between CATT ( With and Without screen Controls) In SHDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is difference between CATT without single screen control  and CATT with single screen control?

As there are  three CATT options available In SHDB,

" "   (no CATT mode),

"N" (CATT without single screen control),

"A" (CATT with single screen control).

Please provide your valuable suggestion.

Regards,

Anuj

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I also need clarification about this. I am not able to get any clue anywhere about this.

Also if I try to record any transaction in SHDB with CATT mode (with Individual and without Individual) then it get stuck at an error while I save the recording.

I am not able to find anything why this message comes.

Please help.

0 Kudos

Still Issue Open

0 Kudos

Are you using CATT or eCATT? CATT is outdate since at least 8 years...

Rgds

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I'm using CATT mode inside SHDB and need to know about it's functionality.

Regards,

Anuj jain

0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

So you are trying to record Transaction VK11 and somewhere the screen is not correct recorded. Instead of the screen number it’s recording .&.

From your screen shot I could not see where it is.

What I would try to figure out, is exactly the position on your recording where it happens and then try to overwrite the screen number with the right one.

Or try to bypass that screen.

When I try to record VK11 with the same setting I don’t get that issue.

Rgds

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

This is not about the only with VK11. I am getting this in every recording irrespective of the T Codes and it comes if I do not select CATT Mode as "NO CATT". Every thing works fine if

CATT Mode is "NO CATT".

And first of all if you can explain the differences of these modes in recording...will be helpful.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Thanks Christian for reply.

As You mentioned due to invalid screen no. in VK11 it's can be a reason for error but in my case it's giving error for every Tcode also i want to exactly know the difference why we need to use other mode "N" (CATT without single screen control) and "A" (CATT with single screen control)  as sap provided these so must be they are for some specific work.

Also all tocde which i tried in''  NO CATT mode works successfully.

Regards,

Anuj jain

0 Kudos

Hi there,

please check note 1437811 - or in simple words, don't use the CATT option 😉

Rgds

Christian