Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job cancelled in SM37

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

In SM37 there is a job with name  YWV_TSAM_VUSFORM

and the Job log is like below...

Job log overview for job:    YWV_TSAM_VUSFORM / 20005100                                                                                             

Date       Time     Message text                                                                          Message class Message no. Message type    

13.09.2012 20:01:01 Job started                                                                                00           516          S          

13.09.2012 20:01:01 Step 001 started (program YWV_TSAM_VUS_ORDERS, variant Y_VUSFORM, user ID XXX)      00           550          S          

13.09.2012 20:01:07 <Message short text YW_VUS 022 does not exist>                                           YW_VUS         022          I          

13.09.2012 20:01:07 <Message short text YW_VUS 022 does not exist>                                           YW_VUS         022          I          

13.09.2012 20:01:07 <Message short text YW_VUS 015 does not exist>                                           YW_VUS         015          I          

13.09.2012 20:01:07 <Message short text YW_VUS 016 does not exist>                                           YW_VUS         016          E          

13.09.2012 20:01:07 Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE                                         00           564          A          

Could any please provide solution to this problem.

-Thanks & Regards-

NagaSatish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

I just had a similar behavior regarding my Job Log in TCode SM37.

By simply changing my default logon language from EN to DE in the logon screen I got different job log outputs regarding my background job (see [1] and [2]).

So to me it seems the developer of your program simply didn't bother to create the program for various languages.

Greetings

Hannes

[1]

[2]

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Whenever a job fails there is a short dump that is created.

You can go to transaction st22 and give the details of the user name and the date and time when the dump occured.

There you can get almost all the details as where the job failed and what were the conditions.

From there you can directly go the the editor also and see at program level where exactly the dump occured.

Moreover as is visible from the log the job canceled at message type A which means abort.

whenevr this type of message is returned the program haults and do not proceed further.

You can check the previous condition before this Abort message by going to the source code.

If still not able to figure out you can provide the st22 details here. May be we will try to help.

Regards,

Sandeep katoch

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

we need to know what ERROR_MESSAGE stands for. What are the corresponding entries in syslog? Attach the syslog entries and the workprocess trace here to come closer to the solution. You can easily find the right information if you go in SM37, double click on the job and there choose job details - here refer to 'Executing server' and 'WP number/PID' - login to the right server and attach the right workprocess trace.

Best regards,

Adam