cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add SAP Java AS on NWDS 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've downloaded NWDS 7.3 (SAP NetWeaver 7.3 SP07 PAT0005) and I'm trying to connect it with my EP (Kernel Version: 7.30.3710.159124.20110824120645). I'm going to Windows -> Preferences -> SAP AS Java and click on Add button.

I'm entering the host instance name and instance number (Instance Number: 56) and, when I click on OK button nothing happens... If I enter a wrong host instance name or a wrong instance number the NWDS shows me an error message. Otherwise, if everything is correct, it just closes the popup window and returns to the SAP AS Java initial screen with no system on it.

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Nelson Bertolino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor

it is discussed a lot, for some case, some port is blocked at server side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wu,

I've tried another version of NWDS 7.3. Now, I'm using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio SAP NetWeaver 7.3 SP05 PAT0007. Even though when I try to add the JAVA AS I received no message. But I've found the message below:

Message: Exception thrown when listener notified      [Error: com.sap.sapmc.preference  Thread[SAPSystemsEventDispatchThread,6,main]]

Trace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:422)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:286)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:139)

at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:105)

at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:116)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.createJAXBContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.getJAXBContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:86)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.createClientConfigurationContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:178)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.getProxy(InterfaceMetadata.java:70)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.SAPServiceDelegate.getPort(SAPServiceDelegate.java:258)

at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.managementconsole.soap.jaxws.sapcontrol.SAPControl.getSAPControl(SAPControl.java:35)

at com.sap.managementconsole.wsclient.jaxws.JaxWsDataLoader.init(JaxWsDataLoader.java:1870)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.connect(SAPInstanceImpl.java:129)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.initInstance(SAPInstanceImpl.java:83)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.<init>(SAPInstanceImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.SAPInstanceFactory.getInstance(SAPInstanceFactory.java:33)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPSystemManagerImpl.getSAPInstance(SAPSystemManagerImpl.java:106)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.GenericSystemListenerImpl.systemChanged(GenericSystemListenerImpl.java:35)

at com.sap.sapmc.control.notification.SAPSystemsController$EventThread.run(SAPSystemsController.java:201)

So, does it means that I have no access to the server port? I'm trying to connect on instance 56.

Regards,

Nelson Bertolino

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nelson,

could you please answer these questions?

can you add any other instances (besides the one with instance num 56) or do you have problem only with this one?

Do you have firewall in your landscape that eventually could cause the problems?

What JDK are you using for this NWDS client? As I can see from the trace you are using one from sun/oracle. Could you please make an attempt to install SAPVM6? You can get it from here: https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/731/doc/files/sapjvm6.msi

(this link is for 731, because the 730 one is broken at the moment, we are working on it already. the SAPVM6 is the same anyway for both of them).

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

1 => No, I can't. But when I put an invalid instance like 99 for example, the NWDS shows me an error message. When I use a valid one, I have no message, no error (except for the log).

2 => Yes, we have a firewall but only for internet access. I'm performing an intranet access to the Java AS. I've checked the my own Windows Firewall and it seens to be ok. I haven't checked the Server Firewall yet.

3 => Ok. I'll download this version and I'll try again.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Nelson Bertolino

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if port 5**13 is open at server side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I've downloaded and installed SAP VM6 and it solve my issue. Now I can add the JAVA AS.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Nelson Bertolino

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

good news!

Also it is interesting for me, I try to keep this solution in mind to see if we can observe this phenomenon at other customers.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

While adding SAP System as Java in NWDS, i am getting exception. RemoteException.

java.rmi.RemoteException: Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Read timed out).; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException: Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Read timed out).

at com.sap.managementconsole.wsclient.jaxws.JaxWsDataConverter.convertException(JaxWsDataConverter.java:992)

at com.sap.managementconsole.wsclient.jaxws.JaxWsDataLoader.getInstanceProperties(JaxWsDataLoader.java:1332)

at com.sap.managementconsole.wsclient.jaxws.JaxWsDataLoader.connect(JaxWsDataLoader.java:179)

at com.sap.managementconsole.controller.operations.StartUpOperation.execute(StartUpOperation.java:31)

at com.sap.managementconsole.controller.operations.AuthorizedOperation.execute(AuthorizedOperation.java:44)

at com.sap.managementconsole.controller.dataloader.DataLoader.reinitialize(DataLoader.java:151)

at com.sap.managementconsole.controller.dataloader.ThreadPoolDataLoader$2.execute(ThreadPoolDataLoader.java:114)

at com.sap.managementconsole.controller.dataloader.DataLoader.executeAllQueuedOperations(DataLoader.java:564)

at com.sap.managementconsole.controller.dataloader.ThreadPoolDataLoader$DataLoaderTask.execute(ThreadPoolDataLoader.java:148)

at com.sap.managementconsole.controller.threadpool.ThreadPoolManager$1.run(ThreadPoolManager.java:47)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException: Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Read timed out).

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.outputSOAPMessage(SOAPTransportBinding.java:426)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call_SOAP(SOAPTransportBinding.java:1371)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.callWOLogging(SOAPTransportBinding.java:997)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call(SOAPTransportBinding.java:951)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.processTransportBindingCall(WSInvocationHandler.java:168)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invokeSEISyncMethod(WSInvocationHandler.java:121)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invokeSEIMethod(WSInvocationHandler.java:84)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invoke(WSInvocationHandler.java:65)

at $Proxy26.getInstanceProperties(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.managementconsole.wsclient.jaxws.JaxWsDataLoader.getInstanceProperties(JaxWsDataLoader.java:1323)

... 9 more

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:237)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.readLine(HTTPSocket.java:950)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.getInputStream(HTTPSocket.java:414)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.getResponseCode(HTTPSocket.java:319)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.ClientHTTPTransport.getResponseCode(ClientHTTPTransport.java:209)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.outputSOAPMessage(SOAPTransportBinding.java:392)

... 18 more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

i have the same problem - i have install SAPVM6 - but problem still exists. I am using NWDS 7.31 SP04.

Regards, Ivan.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

perhaps I have a workaround for you.

Go to Window -- Show View -- Others... -- and look up the SAP MMC view (called aslo Plant Connectivity view on certain releases) and attempt to add the system from there. If you manage to, it should show up also in the AS JAVA settings afterwards.

Let me know if this works for you. If yes, then we may have a bug in NWDS-

Cheers,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

but i can't find any SAP MMC view or Plant Connectivity in my NWDS 7.31SP04 ?

Regards,

Ivan.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can test this only next week as I don't have 731 SP4 at the moment,I should install this release but there is a view in which you can add and display systems. This view is always renamed somehow, on 700 it was simply called J2EE Engine view to mention another example. I just checked a 730 SP5 NWDS and there it is under: "Other -- Management Console" and "Content View" (I know this is not ehp1 but perhaps the name of the views are still the same). As mentioned you find these views in NWDS' menu: Windows -- Show View -- Other... -- and then folder "Other".

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin,

i've found "Content View" - but it's view is empty and i can't find any options for adding some systems.

Regards,

Ivan.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

adding systems is possible in the other one only, in "Management Console" this is why I wrote them in this order. Did you find the Management Console?

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

yes i found Management Console - and system ask me about user/password - but this password for OS of the host J2EE server.

One more point - i can add system as J2EE - via Windows - Preferences - if system has 7.30 version ( i have SAP PI 7.30 ) - but when i try to add 7.31 SP04 - i have problem.

Regards,

Ivan.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, as of ehp1 it is asking for the OS user, that is correct. It is a new feature and works as designed.

Regarding the AS Java View:

I know that on 730 it was working for you, it seems it is a bug, but I cannot serve you with a solution at the moment, only with the discussed workaround (if it would work, it would also ask for OS credentials in AS Java View). Could you please confirm if adding it via the mmc view it is working for you?

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin,

i will check and reply ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin,

it's works via Management Console - thank you!

Regards,

Ivan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

we had the same problem and MMC perspective also helped us to add the instance. But now we are getting a logon request in NWDS "OS Logon to SAP JEE Host". Our "Administrator" user which we are using to logon in NWA is not working here. Logon screen keeps coming. He has all the admin permissions, that we checked and compared with a different CE installation.

Under this thread you can see detailed information about my problem

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3271152

Thanks a lot for any help!

Koray

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

that user is an OS user, not a j2ee engine user. You have to provide the password of the operating system's Administrator.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot ervin! it worked

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

fyi, we added a new troubleshooting here in case someone would need it:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/NWDS+Troubleshooting

See the topmost entry there.

I hope this helps someone.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This does mean that all developers, who want to test their development require an OS user account? Do you have any information on why this has been implemented this way? Why not using the UME?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

please have a look at the topmost entry here

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/NWDS+Troubleshooting

If you go for the workaround then yes, OS user is required.

But let me emphasize, it was only a workaround. The same entry also includes now the solution for which no OS user is requrired.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

Your solution with SPROFILE changed worked for us for a while. Now we get an error for SAP as Java connection trial (Please see below)

My Input is:

Instance hostname: lxcipodinsp

Instance number: 0

Add to Domain (empty)

User HTTPS not checked

The error complains about

Check nested exception for details. (Unable to connect to lxcipodinsp:50113 - Connection timed out: connect).

But the funny thing is as far as I know this port was not even open. And it was working before. We have following open ports 50000,50013,50004. Can you help us further? Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Koray

!SESSION 2013-09-30 13:06:19.151 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=@qualifier@

java.version=1.6.0_24

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2013-09-30 13:06:36.249

!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the key bindings from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' extension point

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2013-09-30 13:06:36.249

!MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command: plug-in='com.sap.ide.esr.tools.core.ui', id='com.sap.ide.esr.tools.ui.runchecks'

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.jvm.check 1 0 2013-09-30 13:06:44.374

!MESSAGE JVM Version Check succeeded.

!ENTRY com.tssap.util.ui 1 0 2013-09-30 13:06:44.804

!MESSAGE Sap NetWeaver Developer Studio - Platform Feature Version: UNKNOWN

!ENTRY com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2013-09-30 13:08:03.868

!MESSAGE Exception caught during web service invocation for instance Host<lxcipodinsp>, InstanceNumber<1>      [Error: com.sap.managementconsole.controller  Thread[SAPSystemsEventDispatchThread,6,main]]

!STACK 0

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Unable to connect to lxcipodinsp:50113 - Connection timed out: connect).

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.processTransportBindingCall(WSInvocationHandler.java:174)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invokeSEISyncMethod(WSInvocationHandler.java:121)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invokeSEIMethod(WSInvocationHandler.java:84)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invoke(WSInvocationHandler.java:65)

at $Proxy26.getInstanceProperties(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.managementconsole.wsclient.jaxws.JaxWsDataLoader.getInstanceProperties(JaxWsDataLoader.java:1323)

at com.sap.managementconsole.wsclient.jaxws.JaxWsDataLoader.connect(JaxWsDataLoader.java:179)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl$1.operation(SAPInstanceImpl.java:136)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.AuthorizedOperation.execute(AuthorizedOperation.java:44)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.connect(SAPInstanceImpl.java:130)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.initInstance(SAPInstanceImpl.java:83)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.<init>(SAPInstanceImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.SAPInstanceFactory.getInstance(SAPInstanceFactory.java:33)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPSystemImpl.findInstances(SAPSystemImpl.java:115)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPSystemImpl.addInstance(SAPSystemImpl.java:83)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.initInstance(SAPInstanceImpl.java:108)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPSystemManagerImpl.getSAPInstance(SAPSystemManagerImpl.java:106)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.GenericSystemListenerImpl.systemChanged(GenericSystemListenerImpl.java:35)

at com.sap.sapmc.control.notification.SAPSystemsController$EventThread.run(SAPSystemsController.java:201)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException: Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Unable to connect to lxcipodinsp:50113 - Connection timed out: connect).

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.outputSOAPMessage(SOAPTransportBinding.java:426)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call_SOAP(SOAPTransportBinding.java:1371)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.callWOLogging(SOAPTransportBinding.java:997)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call(SOAPTransportBinding.java:951)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.processTransportBindingCall(WSInvocationHandler.java:168)

... 20 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to connect to lxcipodinsp:50113 - Connection timed out: connect

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.createSocket(HTTPSocket.java:704)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.createSocket(HTTPSocket.java:696)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.initStreamsFromSocket(HTTPSocket.java:658)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.initializeStreams(HTTPSocket.java:553)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.getOutputStream(HTTPSocket.java:504)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.ClientHTTPTransport.getRequestStream(ClientHTTPTransport.java:202)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.outputSOAPMessage(SOAPTransportBinding.java:382)

... 24 more

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:213)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.createSocket(HTTPSocket.java:702)

... 30 more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koray,

We are exactly at the same place where you were few days back. We too are facing Connection IO Exception(Connection timed out: connect) error while specifying SAP AS Java in the NWDS 7.3 . Can you please tell me how you fixed it? Was it just a blocked port problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

We opened the port 50113 and the error in logs disappeared. But the connection was still not working. Finally SAP Basis Team gave up and had to provide us an operation systme account. We used this account to connect with NetWeaver system under SAP Management Console perspective. Now we can continue to implement. So we didn't solve the problem...

Cheers,

Koray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Koray!

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works when you change the java system 'default' profile parameter  'service/protectedwebmethods = SDEFAULT' to 'service/protectedwebmethods = DEFAULT' . This change requires the restart of services, restart the java system services before you restart the instance. Then, try to add the system in NWDS with the option 'SAP AS Java' under Window->Preferences->SAP AS Java.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The function that gets called by NWDS is aparently "ParameterValue", it is enough to set the parameter like this, it is more secure and you can add the system in the NWDS as well:

service/protectedwebmethods = SDEFAULT –ParameterValue

A restart of the system is not required, just sapstartsrv needs to be restarted:

sapcontrol -nr 00 -function RestartService

...wait some seconds and check that ParameterValue is not protected anymore:

sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetInstanceProperties

Cheers,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin!

Your workaround worked for me..

Thank you so much!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Perla,

Oh, great! I am glad to hear!

Have a great day!

Ervin

0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

I am also facing the same problem,but i followed your valuable steps now its working fine.

Regards

Apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I am trying to give the ADM or OS administrator credential but it is not taking that.

Everytime a pop up is coming for entering the credentials.

Can you please let me know what can be done.

Thanks

Harshmeet

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

perhaps your password -- a wrong one -- is cached by nwds and that causes the trouble.

If you are really sure the OS credentials you enter are correct (because you pay attention to case sensitivity, or to special characters, etc) then you can try to wipe out the data from the cache.

You can do this in NWDS by going to Window -- Preferences --> General --> Security --> Security Storage --> select tab "contents" and delete the item showing up there (default security storage). It is not intuitive perhaps I know but there is an expandable node you need to select and then press Delete. After this restart NWDS and try again.

I hope this helps.

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your answers to all the questions.

But with all the responses i still not have connection to SAP System

1.- I uninstalled all java version

2.- I downloaded and installed the Java that you mentioned, but nothing.

3.- I tried to connect with Management Console, but we don't have acces to the OS user.

4.- So, I modified the parameter to DEFAULT and restarted the instance of the server, but Nothing

So, my questions are... the UME user need to have a specific role?

How can i check if the parameter was really changed without enter to the physical machine?

Regards,

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nothing to do with ume.

make sure the profile parameter is changed correctly

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nelson,

When you added the system ("Add" button) did you wait for a while before pressing OK (and by this closing this window)? Sometimes it takes time to contact and register the instance, so the system to be added shows up not immediatelly in that list. Please let me know if after pressing the button and waiting say 1-2 minutes the list is still empty. I also just tried it on my test system and added a server. It took me around 20 secs for the system to show up. Enough time indeed to lose my patience and press OK. After first registration if you remove and readd the instance, it shall show up immediately.

If this does not help, you can try these:

- attempt to enter the hostname with IP

- try with FQDN.

- check the ".log" file in the ".metadata" folder of your workspace if you can see there any problem related to this.

- check also the proxy configuration (if you use any) in NWDS' preferences.

You find it at "Window -- Preferences -- General -- Network Connections".

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

At first, thank you for your reply.

I've tried what you've suggested and it doesn't work. In fact, I've tried everything you've suggested. Nothing works...

Any other suggestion?

Regards,

Nelson Bertolino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

I am using SAP NWDS SAP NetWeaver 7.3 SP04 PAT0000, i am also facing the same issue while adding the system in sap as java.i waited for 2-3 min before pressing ok then too its not getting added.tried with ip address as well as with host name but no output.

I can add development and quality system but i am not able to add production system.using IE the production portal is accessible.

i checked log file of metadata folder there it is showing Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException:

host name in log is coming different what i am entering in sap as java.

Please help.

Regards

Deepa Kalyani

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for the late response. Could you please try it via the MMC perspective ?

See this post of mine in this thread: Nov 23, 2012 10:50 AM

Regards,

Ervin