cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SFTP Connectivity on PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on communication setup with on of the bank's SFTP server using GXS.

I am able to successfully make a connection using WinSCP. The process that was followed was to login to the sftp server using the key on WinSCP, provide the Remote Directory as /DEFT-DEFT-A:/*BIN/ and log in ( which translates to CD DEFT-DEFT-A:/*BIN/ in Putty )

it takes me to a folder structure as

/<root>

USERID

DEFT-DEFT-A:

*BIN

It seems *BIN is letting the server know that we are sending the file in binary format. I could not find an option for file format on SFTP Adapter.

Using WinSCP I am able to drop a file as well. But the problem is when I try using PI to drop to connect to the same server, the log on the communication channel is

27.09.2012 20:56:13.600InformationServer is <SFTP Server>
27.09.2012 20:56:13.620InformationHome directory is /<USERID>
27.09.2012 20:56:13.620InformationPath is  /<USERID>/DEFT-DEFT-A:/
27.09.2012 20:56:13.676ErrorMessage could not be forwarded to the JCA adapter. Reason: 4: Putting  /<USERID>/DEFT-DEFT-A:/TestACHFile.txt failed.
27.09.2012 20:56:13.677ErrorMP: exception caught with cause javax.resource.ResourceException: 4: Putting  /<USERID>/DEFT-DEFT-A:/TestACHFile.txt failed.
27.09.2012 20:56:13.679ErrorException caught by adapter framework: 4: Putting  /<USERID>/DEFT-DEFT-A:/TestACHFile.txt failed.

27.09.201220:56:13.679
Error
Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to:  
com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: javax.resource.ResourceException: 4: Putting    /<USERID>/DEFT-
DEFT-A:/TestACHFile.txt failed.

I do not understand if the file transfer is failing or the login it self was unsuccessful. Can someone help me in understanding the issue or what am I doing wrong here.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Basha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi

I have also experienced this issue with the exactly same error message. In our case, the length of the filename was the problem. It was too long.

Regards;

Wilbert Karremans

former_member509118
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahaboob,

can you help? I'm with same problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

use parameter skipRemoteDirCheck = true in additional parameters in advanced mode.

Basha

bhagyesh_hede
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Basha,

Have you checked this note http://search.sap.com/notes?id=0001737547 

Regards,

Bhagyesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the same user/key on PI as it was on the WinSCP server? It seems that the login was successful and therefore you received the message "Home directory is /<USERID>". Hence, it appears to be more of an authorization issue.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava