Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner Want to learn SAP ABAP where to start??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

My name is Vishal.. I am from India and i want to  learn abap..

I want some links where to get started from..

How to and where to start??

I am complete beginner and have no idea of sap...

I have some experience with asp.net c# almost an year...

So please guide me how can i do so??

Regards and thanks in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mithu_mukhejee
Participant

Hi Vishal,

As You from ASP.NET then i would suggest you stick on that only...its a nice thing .

Any wyz if You want to learn ABAP,then there You must go through some training from any recognised and ISO cerfied institute or oragnisation,

Otherwise for self learnig .

These both has been prooved trully helpfull for any beginner or for an expert also .

wish you all good luck,.

Message was edited by: kishan P

48 REPLIES 48

mithu_mukhejee
Participant

Hi Vishal,

As You from ASP.NET then i would suggest you stick on that only...its a nice thing .

Any wyz if You want to learn ABAP,then there You must go through some training from any recognised and ISO cerfied institute or oragnisation,

Otherwise for self learnig .

These both has been prooved trully helpfull for any beginner or for an expert also .

wish you all good luck,.

0 Kudos

Hi,

First u learn to ABAP. then first started to sequential. below this process.

1) Basics

2) Data dictionary

3) Reports(Normal & ALV)

4) BDC & LSMW

5) Function modules

6) module pool

7) modularization Techniques

😎 User exit & Badi & Bapi

9) Enhancement

10) scripts & smart forms

This is enough for you

Regards

MSR

0 Kudos

hi shumi,

currently I am working on sap sd (beginner-just joined),my boss has told me to learn linux(i dont know why).

Im interested in programming in sap, so can u please tell me how to get there after learning sap sd(functional)(please dont say that it is not possible as that will discourage me !!!!!!!!)

0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh ,

Nice to know that ur boss asked you something ...

Realy great

please carry on with linux

Sorry I am a SD consultant ...no idea about Linux or Red hat

Kindly read SCN rules ,it would be better if you kindly post your queries regarding the ABAP module in ABAP group.

Your patience is highly appreciated !!!

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hello Shumi,

I am currently working in Service Desk. Got an experience of 2 years. But I am learning SAP ABAP from Sams Teach Yourself ABAP/4® in 21 Days.

I need your help with choosing the right SAP module. As I am learning ABAP now(begineer) I am not much aware of SAP. Along with ABAP do we have to learn other functional modules?

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would advise getting a job as ABAP junior developer. It makes little sense to learn it if no one will be later willing to employ you, since it is not knowledge but experience that is essential.

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

You suggest abt get a job as ABAP junior developer, But as per my knowledge not any company will give this type of opportunity to any beginner or fresher

0 Kudos

That is true buddy that i am a beginner but this is wrong that i am a fresher.. I have almost 1 yr experience in ASP.Net and working in an MNC as well but i want to switch to SAP coz i have interest in that..

0 Kudos

hi vishal,

as per my concern,your working experience is matter .

n here you want to change your domain thats your decision whether you will be done or not.

company will go through your profile ,yes if you are fresher or new to ABAP then you will be taken as beginner only but hand on experience matters.

It depends on you how quickly you learn the process of your project or requiremnet .

Wish u all goodluck.

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Manish u r right. see vishal note this point Dot Net and SAP is both different languages.

sap is that so many modules are there. frist u can deside the which module and then after ask and post the question.

Regrads

MSR

0 Kudos

hello

srinivas workflow

He has decided to go with SAP ABAP ,as per his headline...isn it???

And for your kind information .NET is not a language n SAP isnt too...

.NET is a framework n SAP is business solution or process you know.

Kindly let us know if anything has changed in SAP n .NET

0 Kudos

manish_shankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Go through all the topics Srinivas has suggested.

Go through this link to learn all the concepts:

http://help.sap.com/abapdocu_70/en/index.htm

and for practice some free servers are available. Register there and you'll get free access.

http://www.ides.consolut.eu/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/zuser_req

- Regards,

Manish Shankar.

0 Kudos

Thank you manish.. But the thing is that i dont have access to any resource for learning SAP..

I am current working as .Net Technical Consultant in an MNC.. But i want to learn SAP and switch to it.. Is it possible?? I have heard that there are a number of institutes in Hyderabad.. Can i pursue a course?? If yes then how ? My domain is web development so should i learn web dynpro and continue with my line.. But for learning web dynpro i have to learn abap.. Thats why i have to start all over again..

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Go through the link http://www.ides.consolut.eu/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/zuser_req

Register yourself there, You'll get free access for ABAP practice. It is always better to attend some training to learn something. In bangalore or hyderabad you can join weekend classes. Between abap and webdynpro, only you have to decide in which field you want to go.

- Regards,

Manish Shankar.

0 Kudos

HI Manish ,

The above link is not working now..

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

hi manish ,

I am unable to get this screen ..its showing some error ..

Is there any other way to get registered for this free practicing ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You can also join institute Atos, BPCL by which you can study it perfectly and also you can able to give certification exam after completion of course....

But financially you need more prepared for join it....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

i think learning the course is common but understanding the Realtime Scenarios and understanding the Role of ABAPER in business is Imp so try to have the real time exp...you can go for Mahatechnology in ameerpet.

Regards,

Mahesh somanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vishal,

How are you??

I wanted to tell you something.

We have a SAP training center which provides training in all modules of SAP. Also, the trainers are highly proficient and skilled and working professionals of SAP.  They have excellent grab on this subject.

If you are willing to learn SAP in a professional modeled structure , with live projects you can revert me back and i will provide you the complete details.

Remember , as it's a training center and we have bulk of students here, the course fee really gets cut down.

0 Kudos

Hi,

For Beginner to ABAP, must read book ABAP in 21 Days.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all..i am interested learn sap. but pls guide how to start what is the best as based on my profile

.here my profile details..

i am B.A(bachelor arts) graduate with little programing language knowledge like asp.net, php.now i am working in insurance industry from 2 yrs as a cash determent assistant as well as working in various online ,offline package .have a good day

0 Kudos

hi vishal,

As your Fresher you need to know what is sap and what is it for.After acquired knoledge about sap then you look for what is your core syllabus and then start gaining knoledge.

regards girish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello..

I am working as SEO in vadodara, Gujarat, India from last 9 months.

Actually I am confused for SEO. M nt good in Programming so i choose this field. But my Frnds told me to switch this field cause SEO is closing noways. They suggest me to go in SAP OR PHP.  what to do? go to programming side or continue with this field?

Thanks for ur guidance

0 Kudos

Hi Vrunda!

If I understand your post correctly, you are saying that SEO is going away and that you need to decide what direction to take your tech career. You also say that you aren't good in programming. Have you put much effort into learning programming? If you haven't then you might want to try a free but formal training class on one of the many websites that offer Learn To Code online classes. There may also be Hackathon or similar events in your city that you could at least attend and see if something interests you there. These events are attended by more than just coders, at least here in the states they are, so you can learn alot about the development process by just attending and keeping your eyes open.

If you have really tried coding and discovered that it just isn't for you then learning PHP isn't much use. Have you tried database development? It's different from other types of development and you may have a knack for it. How are you at learning applications like Excel or Access? If you can teach yourself these apps then you may be half way home. The ability to learn is a great asset in IT. To leverage your current experience in SAP you might try one of the report tools like Web Intelligence or Desktop Intelligence. If you have some database background you could try Universe Designer.

The MOST important thing is that you not get discouraged and you keep trying to "figure it out".

Best of luck to you!

0 Kudos

thank you dear rechard...thanks to encourage me....can you please give me some more guidance about data base??

i know how to connect data base..and know how to got data from data base using sql 2008..like name or city started from A..find out employees who has salary below from 100000 etc...what else in that??

can you please guide me??

0 Kudos

Hi Vrunda,

To learn database u can go through "w3schools'" website, they have really good stuff for beginners.

0 Kudos

HiVrunda,

Disham is right. Go use as many of the free resources as you can. There are lots of sites that will have a syllabus you can follow. You should be able to use search to find your way. Stick with the DB that is used the most locally,, if you can make that determination. I started on Oracle but quickly moved to SQL Server as most of the businesses where I am use SQL Server. Be patient with your self but also be committed to studying on a regular basis. Informal training is tough because no one is gading  you but yourself. If you can afford a school that's a good way to go but it isn't the only way. Join a local user's group and get to know people working in the area you would like to work. With discipline you will make an impression on them with your hard won knowledge and they may even recommend you for a job. You can do it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am .NET Developer having 2 years of experience, and I want to learn SAP ABAP, i have contacted one of the official training center, but their reviews were really bad, I saw so many abusement from the student of that institute regarding both training and placements.

So i really want some good reference who provides real training rather only snatching money from new bees, and also please guide me for the future possibilities as far as placement is concern.

Awaited valuable reply.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi ,

There are two ways you can go about your need.

1.) Official Training Centres(SAP supported) : These centers are approved by SAP and charge the training fees and exam fees totaling into lakhs depending on your chosen module. A SAP endorsed Tutor normally conducts the sessions and this goes on continuously for 1 or more months dedicated again depending on your course. There is no placement guarantee here unless they have some tie-ups which is rare. On successfull completion of the course, You have to give and pass a SAP Certification Exam within 3 attempts.

Refs: http://www.sap.com/india/training-education/certification.html

https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/

2.) UnOfficial(Local) Training Centers : These are dime a dozen and are increasingly mushrooming in every lane. They charge usually 20k-70k depending on your module and generally hire working Consultants looking to make quick bucks. The knowledge given by them depends on how much experienced and smart your tutor is. The time frame is generic and can be decided between them and you. No Placement guarantee at all and no exam too.

You can find this by googling for the same in your local area.

The first option at least increases your chances at a job by some extent as some companies do hire Certified Freshers with good Core knowledge. While the second option exposes you to your desired module at much cheaper rates.

Choice is yours buddy! Best of Luck!

0 Kudos

SAP ABAP learning is not that difficult, I would follow below steps

1.Understand what is SAP and what is ABAP .

2.Go to practicals by getting some IDES server access(there are lot of vendors, just search SAP ABAP server access online in Google ).

Check the below website and see if it is useful

Learn SAP ABAP Online
What is SAP and why SAP ? - SAP Introduction | SAPNuts

0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal ,

My Suggestion is start learning ABAP with (abap in 21 Days  )Tutorial then you will get basic idea about ERP and SAP Modules.

And below links may be helps alot.

SAP ABAP Online Course and Training | SAPNuts.com

http://www.saponlinetutorials.com/sap-abap-online-training-tutorials/

Best of luck.

naresh_kabar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal ,

for ABAP Beginner

SAP Architecture

Layers in SAP Architecture

Functionalities of Presentation, Application and Database Servers

ABAP Dictionary

Domains, Data Elements, Tables, Structures, Views

Search Help (Match code object)

Delivery class, Data class, Size category, Buffering

SQL commands (Open SQL and Native SQL)

ABAP Programming Basics

Part - I

Introduction to Pre-Defined Data types

User-Defined Data types, Data objects

Programming Structures (Field Strings and Internal Tables)

Internal Tables based on Line type and Row type

Type functionality

Part - II

Reusability (Modularization techniques)

Subroutines

Include programs

Function Modules

Macros and Field-symbols

Background Job Scheduling

Debugging

ABAP Reports

Events in Reports