Did you mean: 

SAP Business Objects With SAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am Using SAP Business Objects SP4 4.0 To connect to SAP ERP System

And am not

able to understand what is appear to me

What i did

After install Business Objects SP4 4.0 ,I Create Connection With SAP ERP Using the New SAP

Business Objects Driver (SAP ERP 6.0)

The Connection is work fine After that i Star to create the Data Foundation

Put the strange is when i open the connection from the DF

I FOUND 3 MENU

First one

is ABAP Function (Contain too many thing that i don't understand it)

Second One Is Golbal Third One Is Local

As i know , If Any user create new reprots in the erp system ,The

report will be under specific user and group and under specific info set in business objects 4.0

Now here i can't find the erp table as i was expected and i cant find the sap erp existing report with came with sap erp installation

Now Can Any one in SAP Tell me where can i find the sap erp tables and sap erp existing report in business objects

Hope every

thing is clear

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot create a report against ERP tables in BI4 SP04 - only against InfoSets and ABAP Functions.  You can create an ECC Universe - see http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27686 and http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27725

If you want to create a report against an ERP table please use Crystal Reports 2011 or create an InfoSet and then create a universe.

Regards,

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Thank you for your usefull replay

As I understand from my previous reading in SAP ERP there is Slandered SAP reports that come predefined once you install the system usually those are generated through a T.codes

My main Question is how to be able to connect those Slandered reports (T.cod = ME2L ) to a BO4 4.0 SP4 ?

also is there any configuration needed in the SAP ERP ,  because all  we are seeing in the universe is infoset for the query tools  (which is an extra tools that will make you creates new reports)

I would be very grateful for your answer !

note that my past exprience in Sap B.O  are usually with others software, the SAP ERP is a new environment to me.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That really isn't dependent on BI4 - yes, you can tie ECC transactions to a Crystal Report inside your ERP system but you must be on Enhancement Package 5 in ECC

Please take a look at the materials in the Embedded Analytics Space

http://scn.sap.com/community/embedded-analytics

Regards

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your reply
Please Correct me if i'm wrong
First Thing:
Now most of erp user who's using sap erp system are using the
existing reports that came with the sap erp installation
Now as i understand , bo can't see this reports as SAPQuery or/and infoset

But if any erp user create a new infoset , Business Objects can see it and can create report from it.

Second Thing:

What if i want to create FI ERP Module in bo
What if i Start create infosets from erp system , Each Infoset contain specific table

(EX: Lets say FI ERP Module Contain 10 table
and i create 10 infoset , each infoset contains specific table ,
and after that i take this infoset, and create the relation between this table in bo

Is this concept will work
Because if the users whose using erp system can't see the existing report
the is no purpose to connect business objects to erp
So please help me an that

Thank you and waiting your reply

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure I follow your question

Right now BusinessObjects ECC universes can only read InfoSets, queries & ABAP function modules

If you want to look at something more, I encourage you to check out the help or otherwise look at using BW against ECC.

Regards,

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replay

Please first can you tell me what is the meaning of ECC
What is the meaning of infoset , queries and ABAP Function and what is the difference between them and for what purpose they use

i have install crystal report 2011 and i tried to connect it to sap ERP
But i cant see SAP ERP application
what should i do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tell me what is the purpose of connecting bo to sap erp

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I encourage you to research this yourself.  There are several materials on SCN that can help you with this.