cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With AIR Export option, opening a xcelsius file in iPAD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to open the Xcelsius file with "AIR" Export option in iPAD. How to work on this?

Is it possible to open an Xcelsius file in iPAD, when it is exported as AIR?

I tried installing Flex Builder 3 SDK. But it reflected with an error saying "Password is incorrect"

Xcelsius Version:

Xcelsius Engage - 5.4.0.0

This requirement is very urgent for us.

Any help will be very useful.

Thanks in Advance.

Prinkle.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinay_mhaske
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prinkle,

We can export Xcelsius Dashboard to AIR format. I have installed Adobe AIR on windows and successfully tested the Xcelsius Dashboard exported to Adobe AIR format.

I have not tested same on apple iOS device. You can refer following steps and let me know if you can see Xcelsius dashboard exported to AIR on apple iOS device.

A) Exporting Xcelsius Dashboard to AIR format:

For using export to AIR option we need following things installed on the machine where we have Xcelsius:

• Java2 runtime version 1.4 or later
  • Adobe Flex SDK 3.0

Here are the steps: 

1. Download the Adobe Flex 3.0 SDK from the Adobe website.
         http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flex/

2. Extract the files in the zipped Adobe Flex SDK file to the following path:
        C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3 Plug-in\sdks\3.0

3. Download and install the Java 2 Runtime Environment (J2RE 1.4 or higher).

Following error is displayed during export to AIR format if we don’t have Java 2 Runtime Environment (J2RE 1.4 or higher) installed:

4. Now launch Xcelsius, go to File -> Export -> AIR menu and export the Xcelsius dashboard to AIR format.

B) Opening Xcelsius dashboard AIR format file on iOS device:

Now once we have Xcelsius dashboard exported to Adobe AIR format we need Adobe AIR Runtime installed on iOS device to open the dashboard.

Here are the useful links on this:

• Adobe AIR for iOS:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air_for_ios.html

• Installing Flash Builder on iOS automatically installs Adobe AIR Runtime:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSe4e4b720da9dedb5-6caff02f136a645e895-7ffe.html

Hope this helps! 

Thank you.

Regards,

Vinay Mhaske

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your reply message to me. we have followed the steps which you mentioned(

installed java latest version (jre-7u7-windows-i586.exe) and download the adobe flex sdk 4.5 and extract it in to the path which you given

) but it shows an error message to me. the screen shot of the error msg below.

Is there any steps any steps avaliable to overcome this issue? Please help me.

Thanks in advance,

Prinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply message to me. we have followed the steps which you mentioned(

installed java latest version (jre-7u7-windows-i586.exe) and download the adobe flex sdk 4.5 and extract it in to the path which you given

) but it shows an error message to me. the screen shot of the error msg below.

Is there any steps any steps avaliable to overcome this issue? Please help me. Its Very Urgent

Thanks in advance,

Prinkle

vinay_mhaske
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prinkle,

• Do you get above error message when exporting the dashboard to AIR?
  • Exactly when you see above error message (Preview/Export)? 
  • Do you have any multiple versions of Xcelsius installed on the machine?
  • Can you export the same dashboard to AIR format from another machine having Xcelsius installed?
  • What type live data connections you have in the dashboard(live office, QaaWS etc..)?
  • Can you perform following steps and let me know your observations?
    1. Launch Xcelsius
    2. Go to File -> Samples and open any sample dashboard
    3. Now go to File -> Export  -> AIR menu and export sample dashboard to AIR
    4. Let me know if you get any error message

If it’s too urgent you can send me the dashboard file, I will export it to AIR and send it back to you. (change the extension of dashobard from .xlf to .txt and then attach it to this thread)

Thank you.

Regards,

Vinay Mhaske

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello vinay

This is raja. thanks for sharing knowledge to our team. i have sent xlf file to your email id. please try and give us solution.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

• Do you get above error message when exporting the dashboard to AIR?

Yes ,we are getting this error only exportng dashboard to AIR. Others like flash , powerpoint ect are working fine.

• Exactly when you see above error message (Preview/Export)? 

Preview is working fine, Exporting AIR files throughs error.

• Do you have any multiple versions of Xcelsius installed on the machine?

Yes , We installed the service pace , Now current Engage is 5.4.0.0

• Can you export the same dashboard to AIR format from another machine having Xcelsius installed?

Yes, The same error accur in other system also.

• What type live data connections you have in the dashboard(live office, QaaWS etc..)?

No data connection avaliable all data are constant (inside the Xcelsius's Excel itself).

• Can you perform following steps and let me know your observations?
    1. Launch Xcelsius
    2. Go to File -> Samples and open any sample dashboard
    3. Now go to File -> Export  -> AIR menu and export sample dashboard to AIR
    4. Let me know if you get any error message

Same Error will accur in the sample dashboard also.

We have send the sample XLF file to you. If possible please export this file in AIR file and send to us. Thanks very much

Thanks,

prinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for converting an our .xlf file to air file. we are trying to run this air file in ipad once completed let you know the result of this. If you got any possible way to show this in ipad please share with us.

Thanks,

Prinkle

former_member192430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prinkle,

If you check the source of your AIR executable file you will find that there is an SWF or the flash file which is getting executed in the AIR so I believe this solution too might not work in the iOS domain directly.

Feemke Kooji had given this a shot you can check the following links for further updates:

http://www.femkekooij.nl/?p=487

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/862373

I believe we need to have an HTML5 alternative to the SWF code being executed on iOS based systems.

Regards,

Abhishek

vinay_mhaske
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For installing AIR runtime on iOS, you can refer “Installing AIR applications using ADT“section on the following link:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f-5d0f4f25128cc9cd0cb-7ff6.html#WS2d929364fa0...

I don’t have an iOS device otherwise I would have tested it at my end.

Apart from installing AIR runtime and running AIR format dashboard on iOS, you can try following:

• Google swiffy: A tool from Google to convert swf file to HTML5

https://www.google.com/doubleclick/studio/swiffy/

We can convert dashboard swf file to HTML5 and open HTML5 on iOS device. Let me know you observations after implementing above steps.

Thank you.

Regards,

Vinay Mhaske

former_member192430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

The mentioned articles are pretty good but then the level of action script used in Xcelcius dashboards is higher that what the tools and applications mentioned in the sites anticipate also there are certain SWF tags which the tools couldn't decipher.

All in all the HTML5 generation from Google and SWF decompiler failed.

Regards,

Abhishek