cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Terms in Invoice creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SRM 5.5, ECS and trying to create a non-PO invoice, I have more than one questions but all are related to payments on invoices.

I have replicated the payment terms from back-end using BBP_UPLOAD_PAYMENT_TERMS, and verified the entries in BBP_PAYTERM and BBP_PAYTERM_TEXT tables.

But if I search for payment terms in the invoice transaction, I am not able to find any entries, same with payment term key, the other problem is the payment method field is non-editable/non-selectable.

Last but not the least is I could not find any equivalent filed to the Payment Method Supplement field of FB60 transaction in ECC.

Please reply my questions.

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

BBP_UPLOAD_PAYMENT_TERMS program does not work well.I tried using this and this ask for RFC destination(LOGSYS) while replicating the payment terms.

and when you try to see these payment terms in customzing it does not give you correct result and so result in SRM HTML screens.

What I did for this.

There are two tables involved in this

BBP_PAYTERM

BBP_PAYTERM_TEXT .

If you see entries in table BBP_PAYTERM ,it will have data with ERPCLNTXXX system while same kind of data will not be there for SRMCLNTXXX.

You have to copy ERPCNLTXXX data into SRMCLNTXXX data.

To do that copy all data with SRMCLNTXXX ,go to table Entry in Menu and delete all entries.

Then copy all ERPCLNTXXX data and go to Table Entry ,Create with template.

You can do this is SE11 or SE16 transactions.Do similarly with BBP_PAYTERM_TEXT.Please check entries before doing it for BBP_PAYTERM_TEXT table as this table may have similar entries for SRMCLNTXXX and then you will not require to copy all.

Actaully program recognise only Payment terms in SRM.

Once you have done this..You can see in customzing all correct payment terms replicated.

SPRO->SRM server->Cross application basic setting->Create payment conditions.

I hope this helps.

regards,nishant

please reward if this helps

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar

I do not have any immediate solution for this ...I am just thinking aloud here..

Can you create one local payment term in SRM and check the invoice ? I have a feeling system is checking for payterms in local system only...

Can you test it and let me know ?

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramki,

Thanks for the reply, as you proposed, I have created local payment term and I can select that, but I am wondering why the backend payment terms are not visible while searching, also as I asked is there any equivalent field in SRM for Payment method Supplement as in FB60. If not, do we need to add a custom field?

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am happy that we reached close to solving.

1) Check whether your vendor has backend purchasing organization assigned (in Manage Business Partners). Assign a backend purchasing organization.

Then check your invoice again.

2) Just curious ..what do you want to give in payment method supplement ?

Yes. if required, you need to use custom fields (check note 672960..this is very good)

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramki,

The vendor already has a backend purch org assigned and we need the payment method supplement field to specify the method of sending the payment (overnight, hand delivery, additional postage etc).

Thanks for your time.

Sreedhar

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though it does not sound logical, non-po invoice in SRM is a local invoice and hence this behaviour...

You need to create required payment terms in SRM.

For payment supplement, pl create customer fields as suggested before.

Best regards

Ramki