cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg.Qty/Value update indicator in Material Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I am creating new three material types in development server for transporting to Production then I want to update qty/value and other settings for only one plant

but in created request all the available plants in development appear there though I untick qty/Value update for unwanted plants.

Please help me,what will happen if I transport to production server.

Thanks

Rajakumar.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

These entries when transported will be overwritten if you change any setting.

For example, imagine you have created a Plant A and marked it with not relevant to Value Update and Quantity Update in OMS2 and saved into your TR. As for the other plants you should leave as it is. If you change here, the system will consider this a change and save the changes in the TR and the same when it is moved to Prod will overwrite the entries in Value and Qty fields.

So while customizing you should only change which ever Plant where changes are required for and for all other Plants you should leave as it is, if you do not want to change any other updates.

/Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik

Thanks for your reply,even though left it as it is rest of the plants also appear in the created request those plants are not available in production server,for training purpose some people done it.

In this case what will happen,will the production server get overwrite with the new request is to be moved.

Thanks

Rajakumar.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the below screenshot, the system only takes the entries which you have made to the Material Type. If the entries are not selected then the system will not take them but if they do then they will be added to the Transport Request as shown below:

This can be checked in the SE03 transaction for your TR. If you find any entries which might conflict your creation and transport, you can double click on the Transport Request and go inside and delete the entries manually. In the latter case do take the help of a Basis guy for further inputs.

/Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik

I am happy with your reply and screen shots. 200WM01ROH,200 Client,WM01 valuation area,ROH material type like WM02,WM03,WM04 and WM05 these are valuation area. I create material type for only plant WM03,and untick all other plant,but all other plants also apprear there

IMG Activity  Define Attributes of Material Types

View Cluster Maintenance: Data

MTART

T134

200CONS
                200DEVS
                200LICS

T134M

200EIHOCONS
                200EIHODEVS
                200EIHOLICS

T134T

200ECONS
                200EDEVS
                200ELICS

To solve this problem I delete the tasks and again create new task now I feel ok with that.

Please confirm is this correct way.

Thanks

Rajakumar.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

If those entries are not there in Task then they wouldn't be creating any issues while they are moved to Prod.

/Manoj

Answers (0)