cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[AIM: Conditions for actions] Making a condition depending on previous status?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

The idea is to make an e-mail notofication for processor when the end user rejects proposed solution or provide some new information (when status "proposed solution"/"customer action" is changed to "in process"). Without making a new status.

I didn't find any expression like "Previous status" in condition formating of the action.

I tried to use this condition "&CRM Service Request.Changed By = &CRM Service Request.Created By" (so it means that if the last user who changed the incident was the reporter of the incident - the processor should be notified). But it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Artem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a solution.

As we can see in SAP Note 1275036 - Linking action execution and status change it is not possible to configure the execution of an SAP Solution Manager action in such a way that it is executed only when the status is changed. But BADI AGS_SDK_SCHED_ST_CHD helps us to solve this problem. Just write in condition parameters (as in the note) and it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

I'm facing the same issue in Solman 7.1

Did all the steps in the note but still not getting the emails.

Do you showing some screenshots of your Schedule conditions and any additional information that could be helpful.

Cheers

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jimmy.

So I've got BADI Z_SDK_SCHED_ST_CHD. It is just an active copy of standart AGS_SDK_SCHED_ST_CHD.

In Z_SDK_SCHED_ST_CHD I've got three different conditions for three different status changes (Customer Action - In Process, Proposed Solution - In Process, Sent to SAP - In Process):

And then I just choose proper shedule condition, define parameters USER_STATUS and USER_STATUS_OLD:

So this example works for notifying processor about solution rejection by reporter (status change from Proposed Solution [E0005] to In process [E0001])

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Artem,

Thank you for the reply.

This is how i set it up as well but didnt copy the BADI.

I found the issue was caused by me:)

Basically if you dont log off CRM_UI it wouldnt pick up the newly created actions.

SO word of advice.....ALWAYS log off before testing new actions

Cheers

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Can you tell me how to copy those BAdI, I have the same requirement aswell and I am new on BAdI.

Thanks

Ruby

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To visualize the problem:

1. Action definition ZMIN_MAIL_RETURN_PROCESSOR (e-mail for processor when the status is changed from "Customer action" to "In process"):

2. Action sheduling. Shedule condition is E0003ZMIN0001 (status "Customer action") and start condition is E0002ZMIN0001 (status "In process")

3. When the processor sets status "Customer action" action ZMIN_MAIL_RETURN_PROCESSOR is sheduled and we can see it in the sheduled actions list:

Also we can see it in transaction SPPFP:

4. Reporter sends back the incident with button "Reply". The status is changed to "In process". And action ZMIN_MAIL_RETURN_PROCESSOR dissapears from sheduled action list in CRM_UI and in SPPFP:

No notification is sent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Are using same business partner for both reported by and message processor?

if this case, this wont work. use the unique one

- Since the issue only with email action, try to remove that partner dependent or give other like reporter by.

will that work.

Please update.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Are using same business partner for both reported by and message processor?

if this case, this wont work. use the unique one

Reporter and Message processor have different business partners.

- Since the issue only with email action, try to remove that partner dependent or give other like reporter by.

I removed the flag "partner-dependent" in action definition but still the situation is the same - action is sheduled in status "Customer action" and dissapears in status "In process".

P.S. I've also found this thread with very similar symptoms: Action don't see User status. But it doesn't contain a solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deactivating of CRM_ACTION_BADI implimentation didn't help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Let me check whether I understood you correctly,

A processor sent the message to reporter/customer with the status as "proposed solution" .

Next reporter moves the ticket back to processor with the status "____what??______" ,

it should nt with the status "proposed solution" is it??

if the reporter moves the ticket back to processor with the status "In process" , create action for the condition in process.

Please check and update.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Jansi.

We have a new incident with status "New". One of support team members put himself as a processor and sets status "In process". At this moment he should not get any notifications.

Then he sends the message to reporter with the status "Proposed solution".

The reporter checks the solution and rejects it (with some explanations) and the message gets status "In process" again.

And at this moment the reporter should get a notification.

So the idea is - how to divide two situations: when status change is "New"->"In process" and "Proposed solution/Customer action"->"In process".

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Normally if this kind of cases, we have 2 status like 1. Accepted 2. Rejected.

when processor send the ticket to the reporter with "Proposed solution", the reporter revert back te message either with "status Accepted" or "Status Rejected".

If you nt fine with the term "rejected", you can use the status word like "Send back to Support".. if nt you can set your own..

this makes more meaning ful and your aim for setting the email action also very easy.

else you need to go by custom code to pick the previous status from crm status table.

Please update.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a post by Riccardo Escher - http://scn.sap.com/people/riccardo.escher/blog/2009/08/21/pep-up-your-charm--part-1-howto-create-a-s...

So as we can learn from his post - it is possible to shedule an email for processor in status "Customer action" and to start it automatically when the status changes to "In process". I've made all settings due to this post - but i have a problem. The action is sheduled in status "Customer action", but when the status is changed to "In process" - this action dissapears! I can't find it in action list, in SPPFP or in CRM_UI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in this case,try once without error flag in conditions?

did you clean up incosistency as stated??

And also other case u can check ur SCOT tcode email task generated,,,

please update, hw this goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi Rani Murugesan wrote:

in this case,try once without error flag in conditions?

did you clean up incosistency as stated??

And also other case u can check ur SCOT tcode email task generated,,,

please update, hw this goes.

I've already tried without flag and cleaned up incosistency but no success...

No e-mail task is generated, because the action dissapears. "Delete after processing" is not marked in action definition also...

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Are the "Action Settings" as shown in my screen shot (especially the check box "Delete After Processing" should be unchecked! )?

Did you deactivate the BAdI CRM_ACTION_BADI (please see

Note 621183 - Partner-dependent actions do not work )?

(By the way: During the upgrade from 7.01 to 7.1 the BAdI implementation was reactivated by SAP, so please put it on your upgrade/sp-stack check list )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Ricardo.

Yes, all my settings are the same.

Concerning note 621183 - the user which is set as a processor has only this partner function. So I suppose that this note doesn't suits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any other email action in your environment working fine? may i ask?

please check to create email action for other scenario and update here.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jansi.

I have some other actions for notifying reporter and processor - and they are working fine.